• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 3: Sydney Rays v Brisbane City

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
SYDNEY RAYS:

1. Rory O’Connor, 2. Damien Fitzpatrick (c), 3. Shambeckler Vui, 4. Connor Vest, 5. Ryan McCauley, 6. Lachie Swinton, 7. Jack Hayson, 8. Pat Sio, 9. Nick Duffy, 10. Harry Burey, 11. James Kane, 12. Enoka Muliufi, 13. Curtis Rona, 14. Latu Latunipulu, 15. Tim Clements
Replacements: 16. JP Sauni, 17. Kiernan Rabie, 18. Cam Betham, 19. Nick Palmer, 20. Jack Dempsey, 21. Mitch Short, 22. Will Harrison, 23. Tyson Davis
BRISBANE CITY:

1. JP Smith, 2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa, 3. Ruan Smith, 4. Zachariah Moimoi, 5. Nathan Den Hoedt, 6. Adam Korczyk (C), 7. Pat Morrey, 8. Sam Wallis, 9. Scott Gale, 10. Quade Cooper, 11. Lachlan Maranta, 12. Matt Gordon, 13. Tautalatasi Tasi, 14. Jayden Ngamanu, 15. Karmichael Hunt
Replacements: 16. Moli Sooaemalelagi, 17. Feao Fotuaika, 18. Misioka Timotea, 19. Jale Vakaloma, 20. Jeremiah Lynch, 21. Fraser McReight, 22. Moses Sorovi, 23. Lawson Creighton

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So for the Rays Will Harrison gets benched (along with Mitch Short) while Jack Dempsey is making his way back via the bench.

For Brisbane the two young tyro backrowers have been dropped or benched and we've got an all UQ backrow now. Sorovi has also been benched (for a UQ lad). this one is strange for me.

Reactions: dru

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Overawed, or just up to this grade ATM?

It's probably a bit of both but I definitely think that nerves played a bit part. He did a whole lot of unbelievably awful things particularly early in the game and certainly didn't play like that at the under 20 World Cup.

You can't tell me this is so many levels above under 20s that catching and passing is now impossible.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
They were outgunned across the park last week,which probably magnified things.
But I wouldn't be selecting him at SS level at this stage.
I admit I am conservative about blooding young blokes.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Sydney are lazy and slow in defence. Haven't learned a single thing from last week and seem far too intent on kicking the ball back to Brisbane at every possible opportunity. They honestly don't look like they give a shit. Pathetic.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I've switched over to the Mitre 10 Cup. Honestly, do the NSW teams even give a shit? Certainly doesn't seem look like it. The NRC would be all the better if they just cut them and went with 6 teams playing home and away. I don't want to be negative but there are players in these teams who are clearly well below the necessary standard and those who should be appear largely disinterested.

Status
Not open for further replies.