• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 3: Vikings v Brisbane City

B

Bobby Sands

I reckon it probably was too

(even tho I bagged him a bit earlier)

Then they don't review (or can't not sure). Take a minute to drop it out. Then play wind it down where Damon won't let us even attack the contest. Rubbish end to the game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Meh, a couple of bad decisions went against us as well..........

I'm glad the Vikings won, but they could've done it more comfortably if they had just been a bit smarter in that second half.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It also seems criminal to play Valetini at this level.......

There was a moment early in the game when Paisami got the ball, and I thought "don't cut back inside......... don't cut back inside........." and so he cut back inside to Valetini coming across field and of course he got hulk smashed.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
It also seems criminal to play Valetini at this level...

There was a moment early in the game when Paisami got the ball, and I thought "don't cut back inside... don't cut back inside..." and so he cut back inside to Valetini coming across field and of course he got hulk smashed.

Right? He's just a beast, it's awesome to watch

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Personally, I'd like to see the Wallabies heading towards that combination from next year onwards. Probably a bit early for McReight in 2020, but Liam Wright would be an exceptional inclusion for the next couple of years or until he is eclipsed by McReight. Shame we will have to accommodate the 6 million dollar man until the 2023 RWC.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
D, I'd argue that Wright is a better pilferer and is just as dangerous running wide in attack. I am not aware of any defensive deficiencies in his game, but he might not be up with Hooper in that regard atm. He is young and will improve. Hooper is a machine but I fear one that will start to break down a bit more often in future. I think Wright should have a couple of years at 7 in the Wallabies before losing the spot to McReight if the latter continues his present rate of development.

Certainly, to keep the discussion a little on topic, both of Wright and McReight will feature for many years in the Brisbane/Qld Country/Reds teams.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Oh, I know.....

I was just surprised to see his name mentioned as I think he'd struggle to make the Wallabies bench in the future if he was sticking around.

I don't, plenty of young locks coming through but there's still need for experience in the pack. An injury to Rodda would mean Simmons would be back in as the primary line-out caller. As much as Coleman has slipped back, I still rate him well ahead of Simmons.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't, plenty of young locks coming through but there's still need for experience in the pack. An injury to Rodda would mean Simmons would be back in as the primary line-out caller. As much as Coleman has slipped back, I still rate him well ahead of Simmons.

We'll have to agree to disagree, because I would say Simmons has been the better player the last two years.