• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 5: Vikings v Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Horan Little Shield Challenge on Sunday arvo @ 1pm

Canberra Vikings:
Team: 1 Faalelei Sione, 2 Josh Mann-Rea, 3 Leslie Leulua’iali’i-Makin, 4 Blake Enever, 5 Sam Carter, 6 Tom Staniforth, 7 OJ Noa, 8 Jarrad Butler (c), 9 Joe Powell, 10 Robbie Coleman, 11 Lausii Taliauli, 12 Jordan Jackson-Hope, 13 Andrew Smith, 14 Andrew Robinson, 15. Isaac Thompson
Reserves: 16 Connal McInerney, 17 Sione Taula, 18 Ray Dobson, 19 Dean Oakman-Hunt, 20 Jordan Smiler, 21 Brent Hamlin, 22 Nick Jooste, 23 Eli Sinoti.

Melbourne Rising:
Team: 1 Tom Moloney, 2 Pat Leafa 3 Tyrel Lomax, 4 Sam Jeffries, 5 Steve Cummins, 6 Jordy Reid, 7 Ikapote Tupai, 8 Harley Fox, 9 Nic Stirzaker, 10 Jack Debreczeni, 11 Tom English, 12 Lloyd Johansson, 13 Sione Tuipulotu, 14 Ah-Mu Tuimalealiifano, 15 Jonah Placid.

Reserves: 16 Siliva Siliva, 17 Toby Smith, 18 Fereti Sa'aga, 19 Alex Toolis, 20 Sione Taufa, 21 Mick Snowden, 22 Taiso Silafai-Leaana, 23 Isaiah Leota.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Rising hit by injuries. Would love to know more about this 'season ending' injury to manbun. Did he go down injured against Bris City?

Handy replacement in farmer Tobes.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Rising hit by injuries. Would love to know more about this 'season ending' injury to manbun. Did he go down injured against Bris City?

Handy replacement in farmer Tobes.

Oztimmay Meehan converted Debreczeni's try after the siren. He was doing some stretching after he kicked it though.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Weeks hasn't played much NRC at all though.

He played about 3 games for the Stars in 2014, in what I think was a late run for the November Internationals after being capped against France. Since then he's missed all of 2015 and 2016.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I just saw the Injury Report that says Meehan has an elbow injury. Meehan started Saturday's game without any tape on his elbow but finished it with a taped elbow. So he must have injured it on Saturday.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
F Sione head to head with T Lomax. Should be a good contest.

Think the Vikings have it over the Rising in the forwards, but the Rising are superior in the backs. Should be close, but won't be at all surprised if the H-L Shield moves southwards on Sunday.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
According to the Brumbies website, Smiler has been out since Round 2. Must have been an injury. Can't see him missing the bench at least if fit.

I was worried that the team list above had Noa at 7 and Butler at 8. The website also has them the other way round, which makes more sense. Noa has been pretty impressive in his appearances so far.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Cruze took a massive stinger to his right shoulder against City, packed one scrum then came off at the next stoppage. Hopefully he's not too bad.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Cruze took a massive stinger to his right shoulder against City, packed one scrum then came off at the next stoppage. Hopefully he's not too bad.
That's right, I just remembered him running away from the trainer to join a ruck with his arm hanging like a black pudding.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Country managed to go to Canberra and win, and if we have any genuine title aspirations this season it's imperative we do the same to build some momentum ahead of matches against the Rays and Rams.

I like the makeup of our backline even without Meeno, and if we can compete physically in the forwards without Metch and Cruze to get a win, that's a ripping result.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Half time Rising 20 - Vikings 12. Rising looking to do a lot more with the ball than the Vikings and are playing ball in hand most of the time while the Vikings are kicking possession away almost every time (on the rare occasions) they get it.

If the Brumbies next year are relying on some of these players, then it is going to be a bleak 2017 Super Rugby season. While this game is still in the balance, the Rising are outplaying the Vikings well and truly in the backline. Debreczini is head and shoulders (literally as well) above Coleman. The ancient one is much more dangerous at 12 than JJH. Andrew Robinson looks like he has an aversion to tackling. The good, big guys are just so much better than the brave, little guys. Time for some real changes in the Vikings backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.