• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 6: Melbourne Rising v Western Sydney Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
3 pm (local time) at Harlequin Oval.

Day light Savings starts the night before.

Toby Smith back for the Rising. Ships back starting too.

Nathan Charles off to France so wont be in the Rams team.

MELBOURNE RISING:
1 Toby Smith, 2 Pat Leafa 3 Tim Metcher, 4 Sam Jeffries, 5 Steve Cummins, 6 Ikapote Tupai, 7 Sione Taufa, 8 Jordy Reid, 9 Mick Snowden, 10 Jack Debreczeni, 11 Tom English, 12 Lloyd Johansson, 13 Sione Tuipulotu, 14 Dom Shipperley, 15 Jonah Placid.
Reserves: 16 Siliva Siliva, 17 Cruze Ah-Nau, 18 Tyrel Lomax, 19 Alex Toolis, 20 Rob Valetini, 21 Keisuke Yamada, 22 Ah-Mu Tuimalealiifano, 23 Isaiah Leota.

WESTERN SYDNEY RAMS:
1. Matt Gibbon, 2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa, 3. David Lolohea, 4. Will Skelton, 5. Senio Toleafoa, 6. Rhys Allen, 7. Tupou Sopoaga, 8. Tyrone Viiga, 9. Waldo Wessels, 10. Paul Asquith (c), 11. Luke Smart, 12. David Minute, 13. Apolosi Latunipulu, 14. Roland-Keni Kotobolavu, 15. Albert Nikoro .

Reserves: 16. Nathan Charles, 17. Andrew Tuala, 18. Jack Payne, 19. Thomas Alexander, 20. Jordan Taupou, 21.Harrison Goddard, 22. Selesitino Kalounivale, 23. Vatemo Ravouvou.

Dene

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'm confused: this isn't being shown live on the fox sports stream, only as a replay later? Is it on Foxtel? When does the replay normally become available?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Is Skelton in the lineup? I know there were pre-match write-ups about him playing against Cummins but some online stuff has Filimone Tufui starting at lock for the Rams.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Is Skelton in the lineup? I know there were pre-match write-ups about him playing against Cummins but some online stuff has Filimone Tufui starting at lock for the Rams.
Commentators stared back problem for Skelton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
What an abysmal performance. Well done Rams.

Throughout the whole tournament, we've been conceding far too many metres after the tackle, bar one or two individuals. Big but mobile Rams pack is exploiting it, and add in Walton starting and they're playing very well.

Need a massive kick up the arse.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
What an abysmal performance. Well done Rams.

Throughout the whole tournament, we've been conceding far too many metres after the tackle, bar one or two individuals. Big but mobile Rams pack is exploiting it, and add in Walton starting and they're playing very well.

Need a massive kick up the arse.
Yes Walton made a difference. rams had best pack in comp. rising - bit of lack of commitment from some of the rising name players imo.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Defending the Horan Little Shield is supposed to "give you wings".

Not happening this year. Holding the Shield has become a millstone with some pretty limp defences this year.

Horan Little Shield 2016 - "Share the Joy"

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
No. They mentioned something about him suffering from a bit of fatigue.
Back fatigue to be specific - lack of fitness could be another comment one could make - Skelton could be something but gees he really does need to work on his fitness and work rate as this seems to have gone backwards

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Defending the Horan Little Shield is supposed to "give you wings".

Not happening this year. Holding the Shield has become a millstone with some pretty limp defences this year.

Horan Little Shield 2016 - "Share the Joy"

Problem is, it's played every week. Ho hum.

Also, holding it for Rounds 1 to 6 means nothing. The Round 7 keeper takes it all (go the Rams)

Status
Not open for further replies.