• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 6: Sydney Rays v Canberra Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Saturday at Pittwater Park from 3pm.

A bit of tweaking of both teams. Canberra more significantly.

SYDNEY RAYS:
1. Ezra Luxton, 2. Damien Fitzpatrick, 3. Alain Miriallakis, 4. Connor Vest, 5. James Brown, 6. Jack Dempsey, 7. Chris Alcock, 8. Michael Wells, 9. Matt Lucas (c), 10. Angus Sinclair, 11. Harry Jones, 12. Irae Simone, 13. Con Foley, 14. Lochie Creagh, 15. Johnathan Malo/Josh Turner.
Reserves: 16. James Hilterbrand, 17. Rory O’Connor, 18. Lawrence Hunting / Angus Ta’avao, 19. Adrian Hall, 20. Michael Smith, 21. Dewet Roos, 22. Sam Lane/Johnathan Malo, 23. Seb Wileman.

CANBERRA VIKINGS:
1 Faalelei Sione, 2 Robbie Abel, 3 Ray Dobson, 4 Blake Enever, 5 Tom Staniforth, 6 Jordan Smiler, 7 Dan Penca, 8 OJ Noa, 9 Brent Hamlin, 10 Nick Jooste, 11 Lausii Taliauli, 12 Jordan Jackson-Hope, 13 Jake Rakic, 14 Eli Sinoti, 15. Robbie Coleman (c)

Reserves: 16 Connal McInerney, 17 Sione Taula, 18 Nick Dobson, 19 Darcy Swain, 20 Dean Oakman-Hunt, 21 Joe Powell, 22 Alex Horan, 23 Andrew Robinson.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
No Makin or Carter - pack will be somewhat weakened. A very green, and small, backline. Rays likely to keep their good form going.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Makin came off injured last week, not sure about Carter.

Butler was going to be rested regardless, apparently.

This is a bit like after the Eagles game when they changed plenty of players around.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
True, but the Rays are likely to be a stronger opposition than the Qld Country or the Rams.

I just hope the game plan has been changed around as much as the team. Have some confidence in the attacking abilities of the players and stop kicking the pill back to the opposition on first or second phase.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
True, but the Rays are likely to be a stronger opposition than the Qld Country or the Rams.

As a supporter, I'm pleased to say that the Rays have been an absolute revelation this year after two fairly disappointing seasons.

The big difference has been that in Years 1 and 2 the powers that be decided that each of the four clubs would have equal representation in the squad regardless of ability. I guess the thinking was that they wanted all 4 clubs to feel like they were part of it.

This year we've just picked the best players - and we've also got a really good coach.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Makin came off injured last week, not sure about Carter.

Butler was going to be rested regardless, apparently.

This is a bit like after the Eagles game when they changed plenty of players around.

Sam's not injured, so presumably 'he is being rested', BJ!

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
As a supporter, I'm pleased to say that the Rays have been an absolute revelation this year after two fairly disappointing seasons.

The big difference has been that in Years 1 and 2 the powers that be decided that each of the four clubs would have equal representation in the squad regardless of ability. I guess the thinking was that they wanted all 4 clubs to feel like they were part of it.

This year we've just picked the best players - and we've also got a really good coach.

Think the addition of some of the sevens players has made a reasonable difference in terms of depth. Having the ability to locate the next best local player rather than just from the four clubs is a help as well.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So I'll take that as a "no"

In any case, now can't make the game due to a change of plans. Best of luck to both teams. If you could both lose, that would really help.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Pre-game pic:

Wells opens the scoring for the Rays!

8-0 @ around 10 mins

Fitzpatrick joins the party

16-0 @ 20 mins

N

NTT

16-0 to the Rays after 20mins.

Vikings are asleep, with Jooste making 4 major mistakes early at 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.