• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 7: Canberra Vikings v Sydney Rays

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sunday 15 October at Viking Park (Canberra). Kick-off 2:30pm (local time)

Canberra Vikings:

1. Faalelei Sione 2. Folau Fainga'a 3. Les Leuluailii-Makin 4. Rory Arnold 5. Sam Carter 6. Blake Enever 7. Tom Cusack [c] 8. Rob Valetini 9. Joe Powell 10. Wharenui Hawera 11. Andrew Muirhead 12. James Dargaville 13. Len Ikitau 14. Henry Speight 15. Tom Banks

16. Robbie Abel 17. Harry Lloyd 18. Max Bode 19. Dean Oakman-Hunt 20. Angus Allen 21. Ryan Lonergan 22. Mac Hansen 23. Lausii Taliauli

Sydney Rays:

1. David Lolohea, 2. Damien Fitzpatrick, 3. Wayne Borsak, 4. Dave McDuling, 5. Angus Ryan, 6. Conor Vest, 7. Gary Bautz, 8. James Brown, 9. Harry Nucifora, 10. Rohan Saifoloi, 11. Augustin Slowik 12. Harry Burey, 13. Irae Simone, 14. Rob Buaserau, 15. Josh Turner

16. James Hilterbrand, 17. Tristian Goodbody, 18. Alex Westgarth, 19. Conor Vest, 20. Alex Perez, 21. Jack Grant, 22. Kepu Lokotui, 23. Apo Latunipulu

Rays struggling to get a team on the park with a few of those players under a cloud.

Meanwhile the Vikings bring in some more talent. Blake Enever having a run at 6!

Reactions: mst

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I'm actually going to get to this game. First for the season. Life's conspired against me. Should be a cracker.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bautz has just been red carded for a tip tackle on Hawera.........

Possibly a bit harsh.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It turns out the Rays just needed 14 men.........

Lokotui intercepts a Powell pass and runs away for the try . A good chase by the Vikings prop Lloyd though........

Nucifora converts.

Vikings 31 - Rays 7

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Penalty try after Rays slap down a pass.......

Lonergan converts from the sideline.

Vikings 57 Rays 14

Also, Arnold has come off with a knee injury - hopefully not too serious.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Banks burns around the Rays defence (again) from deep in the Vkings half........

Offloads onto Dargaville, to Lonergan for another try.

Final score:

Vikings 71 - Rays 14

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Slim, a couple of small corrections. Wasn't a penalty try to Lonergan - simply a bat down backwards by the Rays' player and Lonergan pounced to score. Had it been a penalty try it would have been awarded under the sticks and no need for a conversion attempt. The last try was actually scored by Dargaville. Lonergan had been running in support but wasn't needed as James touched down under the cross bar.

Rory's injury doesn't look good, although he was walking around the field at the end. Henry also suffered an injury when he crashed over a fallen player. He continued, but looked to be hampered to an extent.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
One more thing. Harry LLoyd needs recognition for his efforts at LHP with the Vikings this year. Has been powerful at scrum time and is very busy around the ground. Should be in the running for either Rookie of the year or a Super contract. Maybe both.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Slim, a couple of small corrections. Wasn't a penalty try to Lonergan - simply a bat down backwards by the Rays' player and Lonergan pounced to score. Had it been a penalty try it would have been awarded under the sticks and no need for a conversion attempt. The last try was actually scored by Dargaville. Lonergan had been running in support but wasn't needed as James touched down under the cross bar.

Rory's injury doesn't look good, although he was walking around the field at the end. Henry also suffered an injury when he crashed over a fallen player. He continued, but looked to be hampered to an extent.

Cheers....... I didn't have the sound up, but I'm pretty sure the Fox broadcast put up the penalty graphic when he awarded the try......... But obviously that wasn't the case with where it was awarded, and on replay it didn't look deliberate to me.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
One more thing. Harry LLoyd needs recognition for his efforts at LHP with the Vikings this year. Has been powerful at scrum time and is very busy around the ground. Should be in the running for either Rookie of the year or a Super contract. Maybe both.

Agreed..... I think we should retain both Sione and also sign Lloyd - but a bit tricky having just re-signed both Alexander and Mayhew. Hopefully we can at least keep Lloyd around with the new academy setup, as I don't expect those other two to be around after next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.