• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 7: Greater Sydney Rams v Queensland Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Saturday 14 October at TG Millner (Sydney). Kick-off 1:00pm (local time)

Greater Sydney Rams:

1 Jed Gillespie, 2 Hugh Roach, 3 Rob Lagudi, 4 Albert Tuisue, 5 Adrian Hall, 6 Kotoni Ale, 7 Kelly Meafu, 8 Jed Holloway [c], 9 Nick Phipps, 10 Mack Mason, 11 Taqele Naiyaravoro, 12 Kevin Fuavao, 13 Denis Piligateau, 14 John Grant, 15 Cameron Bailey

16 Andrew Tuala, 17 Ed Craig, 18 Conor Young, 19 Sam Thomson, 20 Fergus Lee-Warner, 21 Matt Gonzalez, 22 Ben Cotton, 23 Stuart Dunbar

Big names back for the Rams including Nick Phipps. Looks a very handy side. Will be a tough one for QLD Country

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
QLD Country named.

1 Sef Fa’agase, 2 Alex Casey, 3, Taniela Tupou 4 Harry Hockings, 5 Angus Blyth , 6 Angus Scott-Young, 7 Liam Wright, 8 Caleb Timu, 9 James Tuttle, 10 Hamish Stewart, 11 Izaia Perese, 12 Duncan Paia’aua [c], 13 Chris Feaui-Sautia, 14 Filipo Daugunu, 15 Teti Tela

16, Richie Asiata 17 James Slipper, 18 Fred Burke, 19, Phil Potgieter 20 Ted Postal, 21 Tate McDermott, 22 Patrick James , 23 Jock Campbell

This is match of the round for mine. Some fantastic match ups.

T

TOCC

Quality lineup, surprised by Patrick James moving to the bench, I thought he had been rock solid at fullback there..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Watching the replay.

Angus Fucking Gardiner.

Several turnover penalties against the Rams, Country player clearly has hands on the deck immediately beforehand.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That said, the Rams are suffering what I feared at the start of the season: not enough Super talent to go on with things after beating their crosstown rivals.

And Phipps does good things but fucking step-step-pass got the Rams smashed behind the Ad line more than once.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
They are that. Lot more Reds than they'd had in the past by my count, but IMHO Thorn is the real difference: their work in contact is much better on both attack and defence than past years.

The margin is probably very suitable given a few tinny tries by Country. The Rams weren't too bad on the phase play but the gradual disintegration of their scrum, as well as the lack of pace and power the backline stacked full of Reds gives QLDC is a big factor.

Openside for QLDC was pretty good too.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Watching the replay.

Angus Fucking Gardiner.

Several turnover penalties against the Rams, Country player clearly has hands on the deck immediately beforehand.

Two or three better refs in Aus than Gardner. He seems to always take a liking to one of the teams early and they get the bulk of calls for the first twenty or so minutes. Usually it's not possible for the other side to come back at that stage despite a more even set of rulings from then on.

Status
Not open for further replies.