• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 8: Canberra v Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Brisbane named:

1. Pettowa Paraka, 2. Andrew Ready, 3. Sam Talakai, 4. Corey Thomas, 5. Cadeyrn Neville, 6. Waita Setu, 7. Liam Gill (C), 8. Adam Korczyk, 9. Nick Frisby, 10. Jake McIntyre, 11. Junior Laloifi, 12. Henry Taefu, 13. Samu Kerevi, 14. Chris Kuridrani, 15. Karmichael Hunt

16. Matt Mafi, 17. Markus Vanzati, 18. Feao Fotuaika, 19. Ben Hyne, 20. Luke Beauchamp, 21. Moses Sorovi, 22. Alex Gibbon, 23. Andy Muirhead

Korszyk in at 8 for an injured Higgers. Massive challenge for him just back from injury.

MonkeyBoy

Bill Watson (15)
vik8 10.JPG

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Home ground and cracking line up. You would have to say Vikings are favourites.
We will miss Higgers.

I think City will take this one out though.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bloody good looking team from the Parliamentarians.

This could be a really tough game for both teams.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Hoping this will be an absolute cracker. The Vikings won't be able to have the slow start they've had over the last couple of games. City will murder them if they do.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It's probably not possible to just make these decisions on the fly but with the NRL and AFL finished, Fox Sports could do worse than throwing this game up on one of their 5 channels on Sat arvo. A likely GF preview, and well known names across both teams.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I tweeted them and got favourited by City and the Vikings but no dice from Fox Sports.
Not even the prospect of it being the biggest challenge in the history of the Horan-Little Shield could get them interested.
So if a random rugby fan can't get a major broadcaster to re-jig their program a day before a footy game in 280 characters or less then I'm fucked if I know what will.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I tweeted them and got favourited by City and the Vikings but no dice from Fox Sports.
Not even the prospect of it being the biggest challenge in the history of the Horan-Little Shield could get them interested.
So if a random rugby fan can't get a major broadcaster to re-jig their program a day before a footy game in 280 characters or less then I'm fucked if I know what will.

Why would they bother. They didn't show the ITM Cup last night which was the final Ranfurly Shield match. Was 36-30 to Waikato in an absolute thrilling game yet they couldn't be bothered to show it. Disgrace for the 'Home of Rugby'.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Meat pie to Jarrad Butler after 3 minutes. C Lilo missed conversion. Vikings lead 5-0 after 6 minutes.

10 minutes: Pettowa Paraka barges over from about 10 metres out to open the account for City.

Converted by McIntyre. Vikings 5 Brisbane 8 after 11 minutes.

T

TOCC

well my stream has dropped out 5 times already this match.. looks like I'm going to give up​

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Handling is letting both sides down. Quite a few tries have gone begging.

Lineouts a bit of a lottery as well.

No change to the score after 26 minutes. CAN 5 BNE 8

Huge clearing kick from Sam Talakai. From just inside his 22 metres line, he hoofed it out to the opposition 10 metre line. Good skills from a pot plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.