• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Round 2 - Brisbane City vs Sydney

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
40-26 to Brisbane City, i don't feel that accurately reflects Sydney City's competitiveness this game though.

Jeez Isaac Lucas looks good, makes metres and buys time at ease.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Final score: 52-26, but i thought Sydney City were much closer then the scoreline indicates but it blew out in the last 20mins.

Isaac Lucas and Isaac Henry both player really well, Sorovi started pretty poorly but picked up his game in the 2nd half.

Daveyyyyy

Frank Nicholson (4)
You've got to lock in the Isaacs at 10 and 12. Fraser is turning it over like a maniac. I imagine Hunter will start at 13 next week, but what do I know. I will say, Twidale was able to distribute the ball better than Hunter did last week. The wind played a bit of a role today, it will be interesting to see what the Vikings and Q Country do.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I must admit, I’m still not seeing the reason why Seru Uru was signed by the Reds, he only played 50mins last game so hope he isn’t injured.

B

Bobby Sands

You've got to lock in the Isaacs at 10 and 12. Fraser is turning it over like a maniac. I imagine Hunter will start at 13 next week, but what do I know. I will say, Twidale was able to distribute the ball better than Hunter did last week. The wind played a bit of a role today, it will be interesting to see what the Vikings and Q Country do.

My understanding is that he is a 10 that can play 12, interesting that he played 13.

A classic example of a good Darling Downs footy player who can just play anywhere. I love bush footy players, we need more of them, especially in Queensland where we have so many that never get a shot.

Daveyyyyy

Frank Nicholson (4)
My understanding is that he is a 10 that can play 12, interesting that he played 13.

A classic example of a good Darling Downs footy player who can just play anywhere. I love bush footy players, we need more of them, especially in Queensland where we have so many that never get a shot.

Right on the money, he is another versatile young back who has come up through the colts system. The only reason I can think that he played 13 was because they were confident with the two at 10 and 12, and wanted to see if Brad could hold himself up as a 13 without the power running of a Hunter. I imagine he will be cover for both 12 and 13.

What did people think of Teti at 15? I liked it, personally.

B

Bobby Sands

Right on the money, he is another versatile young back who has come up through the colts system. The only reason I can think that he played 13 was because they were confident with the two at 10 and 12, and wanted to see if Brad could hold himself up as a 13 without the power running of a Hunter. I imagine he will be cover for both 12 and 13.

What did people think of Teti at 15? I liked it, personally.

Are you from out that way? I saw Twidales Downlands highlights, looked great. Young Downlands fullback Mac Grealy plays like Ponga. Also Kye Oates, ex TGS player now at UQ looks hand as well.

Daveyyyyy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Are you from out that way? I saw Twidales Downlands highlights, looked great. Young Downlands fullback Mac Grealy plays like Ponga. Also Kye Oates, ex TGS player now at UQ looks hand as well.

One side of the family is from way out West. Toowoomba is considered the big city for them mate. I secretly love a TGS win, although I am not officially supposed to cheer for them ;)

B

Bobby Sands

One side of the family is from way out West. Toowoomba is considered the big city for them mate. I secretly love a TGS win, although I am not officially supposed to cheer for them ;)

I’m a renta bushy as well, my business partner is from near Longreach.

Toowoomba is a hell of a town, Daylesford of Qld!

Mac Grealy will have a Reds contract soon (punished TGS this year).