• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Round 2: NSW Country Eagles v University of Canberra Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bugger the team lists, or the actual game. Building on the success that was the "Taste of Orange" last year, and somewhat fitting for a game at Woollahra Oval, the Eagles Food and Wine Festival will be held in conjunction with this fixture.
tasteorangemay205.jpg

Here’s a little more information about the producers to help get you in the mood for the weekend

Sydney Brewery
As part of Saturday’s sideline food and wine fair, Sydney Brewery will be serving their finest craft beers alongside food and wine from regional NSW. What better way to introduce your uninitiated friends to the game they play in heaven?

Griffin Jerky
Who needs peas and carrots when you’ve got jerky and beer?

Griffin Grass Fed Beef Jerky will be offering delicious packets of savoury goodness from their fete stall this weekend. Meaning we can enjoy the rugby, while sipping on a beer and working our way through flavours like Srirachuan, Chipotle Adobo & Classic Jerky. This will be truly excellent!

De Beaurepaire Wines
Ooh la la! Fancy a tipple of some French inspired Australian wine? As part of the sideline food and wine fair, punters can enjoy a glass or two of De Beaurepaires Wines which is produced just over the mountains in Rylstone. Both red and whites will be available with some complimentary grazing plates. Delicious!

Windowrie Wines
Glugg glugg glugg….Wine lovers take note: Nook from Windowrie Wine will be pouring glasses and sharing stories of her family’s organic ‘Pig in the House’ range on Saturday. Not only was Pig in the House recently named the Australian Organic Wine of the Year – but the name comes from actual pigs in houses. Not even telling porkies – ask her yourself!

Wynwood Wines
The people behind Wynwood Estate, in the Hunter Valley are big supporters of rugby initiatives. Aside from being part of this event, Wynwood Estate has an affliation with the Terrigal Trojans Rugby Club and the new franchise at Western Sydney. Matt and his team will be showcasing some of their finest wines on the weekend so make sure you pop in, grab a wine and tip your cap to him for his great commitment to our game!

Mini Monet Cupcakes
A heads up for the sweet toothed among us. You’ll have a few tough decisions to make on Saturday, with Mini Monet Cupcakes offering no less than 12 of their distinct, delicious cupcake flavours (like scrumptious cookies and cream pictured). Of course you could just bite the bullet and try them all… Because we’re here for a good time, not a long time – right?

http://nswcountryeagles.com/eagles-to-bring-country-hospitality-at-woollahra-this-saturday/

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Vikings:

1. Allan Ala'alatoa
  2. Robbie Abel
  3. Leslie Leuluai’ali’i-Makin
  4. Rory Arnold
  5. Blake Enever
  6. Jordan Smiler (vc)
  7. Jarrad Butler (c)
  8. Ita Vaea
  9. Joe Powell
  10. Rodney Iona (vc)
  11. Lausii Taliauli
  12. James Dargaville
  13. Nigel Ah Wong
  14. Jerome Niumata
  15. Isaac Thompson
RESERVES
16. Connal McInerney
17. Sione Taula
18 Ben Alexander
19. Dean Oakman-Hunt
20. Rowan Perry
21. Brent Hamlin
22. Mitch Third
23. Francis Fainifo

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
There is a curtain raiser of ACT Griffins vs NSW Country B at 12:25

1. Phil Kite
  2. Michael Henry
  3. Tyrell Lomax
  4. Gareth Clouston
  5. Dave McKern
  6. Tui Kamikamica
  7. Dan Penca (c)
  8. Michael Smith
  9. Pedro Rolando
  10. Jordan Jackson-Hope
  11. Jason Swain
  12. Jake Rakic
  13. Harry Burrey
  14. Rob Buaseru
  15. Ben Johnson
RESERVES
16. Cuan Hublutzel
17. Harry Lloyd
18. Ray Dobson
19. Toby Wilson
20. Steve Sione
21. Mitch Douch
22. Darcy Eason
23. Luke Duffy
24. Nathan Selwood

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Vikings:

1. Allan Ala'alatoa
  2. Robbie Abel
  3. Leslie Leuluai’ali’i-Makin
  4. Rory Arnold
  5. Blake Enever
  6. Jordan Smiler (vc)
  7. Jarrad Butler (c)
  8. Ita Vaea
  9. Joe Powell
  10. Rodney Iona (vc)
  11. Lausii Taliauli
  12. James Dargaville
  13. Nigel Ah Wong
  14. Jerome Niumata
  15. Isaac Thompson
RESERVES

16. Connal McInerney
17. Sione Taula
18 Ben Alexander
19. Dean Oakman-Hunt
20. Rowan Perry
21. Brent Hamlin
22. Mitch Third
23. Francis Fainifo

That is a hell of a forward pack.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
I'll head out to this tomorrow as well! Got a few mates in the eagles side. Should be a cracker!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
That is a hell of a forward pack.

But they still need to adapt to the pace of NRC. Think one of the Vikings'problems last year was wanting to play as though it was still Super rugby. As others have said, the smaller value placed on penalty/field goals means the ball is in play a fair bit longer and more open play comes to the fore as defenses tire. Game plan will be crucial to success.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
I have been asked to relay scores and notable performances from this match to Sam Carter's Grandparents! Any comments from members viewing the match will help me do that!! I will only have progress scores on Fox Sports. Sam will play in this match, then fly to USA tomorrow. I guess Chieka wants another match from him before the Eagles test?!

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
I have been asked to relay scores and notable performances from this match to Sam Carter's Grandparents! Any comments from members viewing the match will help me do that!! I will only have progress scores on Fox Sports. Sam will play in this match, then fly to USA tomorrow. I guess Chieka wants another match from him before the Eagles test?!

I'm heading to the game now. Will post scores and pics along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Paste this into your browser for regular updates:
https://twitter.com/BuildcorpNRC

Try this one as well:
https://twitter.com/CountryEagles

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Meat Pie to #8 Mark Baldwin. Eagles lead 5-0 ktc

Lance adds the extras. Eagles lead 8 - 0.

Reasonable sized crowd present.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2015 NRC Eagles v Vikings 1.jpg

Try Vikings in the Corner. Kick is good. 8 - 8.

23 minutes gone.

Crowd looks happy with the Food and Wine Stalls on the Golf Course side of the Oval.

Oval looks in pretty poor condition with lots of brown.
Perhaps deliberate to make rural folk feel at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.