• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Round 4 Melbourne Rising v Brisbane City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
After traveling to Fiji, Townsville, and Mudgee the Rising finally get to play their first home game of the season. Plot twist: the game is in Adelaide - more travel for the Rising.

Last week the Rising gave the Country Eagles a good old pantsing in Mudgee with Tom English scoring five trys. Robbed of a 6th IMHO by being benched early in the second half.

Brisbane City also had a good away win, 61-40, against the Sydney Rays.

September 22 @ 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm AEST

Bailey Reserve, Adelaide

Streamed live on FOX Sports

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
English with 5 tries in 50 minutes. I was actually looking forward to 8 from him had he stayed for the whole game.:)

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
team for saturday, No Cottrell (in Wobs squad) still no Hosea or Philip, Leota in second row.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 10.50.31 am.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 10.50.31 am.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 279

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not an inspiring game by any means. Most disappointing aspect was the performance of the referee. What did the penalty count finish up at? I didn't count, but from observation it must have been in the vicinity of 20 to Brisbane and maybe only 4 or 5 to the Rising. Yet I saw a few instances of Brisbane forwards sealing off and others getting up and running again after being tackled, and no penalty ensued.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
33 - 28 to Brisbane City

Melbourne Rising 28 (Ruru, Tuipulotu, Meakes, King tries. King 4 conversions) defeated by McInnes Wilson Lawyers Brisbane City 33 (Tasi 2, Hunt, Thompson, Foley tries. Cooper 4 conversions) at Bailey Reserve in Adelaide, Saturday 22 September 2018.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Not an inspiring game by any means. Most disappointing aspect was the performance of the referee. What did the penalty count finish up at? I didn't count, but from observation it must have been in the vicinity of 20 to Brisbane and maybe only 4 or 5 to the Rising. Yet I saw a few instances of Brisbane forwards sealing off and others getting up and running again after being tackled, and no penalty ensued.

Really? Add in a YC to City and constant infringement defending the line (Melbourne). Still a close game with plenty of skill on parade.

I enjoyed it. A LOT more than the average Super game in Aus and certainly more than our recent internationals.

Try harder BR.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Good for you Dru. But when compared with the Qld Country/Force game, it was chalk and cheese.

EDIT : BTW what game were you actually watching? The YC was to a Rising Lock. In the absence of anyone posting the details, I will record my estimate of the penalty count for the game. Brisbane City 25, Melbourne Rising 5. Would be happy if someone could come up with the actual figures.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Good for you Dru. But when compared with the Qld Country/Force game, it was chalk and cheese.

EDIT : BTW what game were you actually watching? The YC was to a Rising Lock. In the absence of anyone posting the details, I will record my estimate of the penalty count for the game. Brisbane City 25, Melbourne Rising 5. Would be happy if someone could come up with the actual figures.

Well called BR - I was confusing the two games on the YC (Slipper in Country). Still don't agree on the quality of the Rising-City game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.