• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Semi Final - Drua v Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Major NRC Semi Final - Fiji Airways Drua team to take on Canberra Vikings.
Saturday 20th October - 4pm kick off local time
Churchill Park, Lautoka

When: 3.00pm AEDT, LIVE on FOX SPORTS

Drua:
1. Joeli Veitayaki
2. Mesulame Dolokoto
3. Benji Makutu
4. Peni Naulago
5. Albert Tuisue
6. Mosese Voka ©
7. Jone Navori
8. Eramasi Rodrodro
9. Frank Lomani
10. Alivereti Veitokani
11. Aparosa Tabulawaki
12. Cyril Reece
13. Apisalome Vota
14. Levani Kurimudu
15. Apisalome Waqatabu

Reserves
16. Ratunaisa Navuma
17. Eroni Mawi
18. Luke Tagi
19. Tevita Naqali
20. Johnny Dyer
21. Peni Matawalu
22. Enele Malele
23. Lepani Raiyala

Vikings:
  1. Vunipola FIFITA
  2. Josh MANN-REA
  3. Tom ROSS
  4. Rory ARNOLD
  5. Darcy SWAIN
  6. Rob VALETINI
  7. BJ EDWARDS
  8. Ben HYNE (c)
  9. Joe POWELL
  10. Wharenui HAWERA
  11. Andy MUIRHEAD
  12. Jordan JACKSON-HOPE
  13. Len IKITAU
  14. Lausii TALIAULI
  15. Tom BANKS
REPLACEMENTS
  1. Connal MCINERNEY
  2. Sione TAULA
  3. Max BODE
  4. Blake ENEVER
  5. Pete SAMU
  6. Ryan LONERGAN
  7. Noah LOLESIO
  8. Irae SIMONE

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
Vikings missing a trick not starting Lonergan.
Offload defense will be key.
Having 2 wallabies on the bench hopefully gets them over the line.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I really though Lonergan had a bit of a shocker against Brisbane City. Wayward passing and poor decision making at the base of the ruck were the main areas of concern. Powell looked to have more influence on the game when ha came on, despite his brain dead moment where he delayed the ball at the back of the ruck too long allowing a second hit by the City forwards and ball turnover.

Vikings will be in with a shout but could well be beaten by the bounce of the ball which seems to unerringly go the Drua way.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lonergan has looked very sharp this year........

He's now had two solid seasons of NRC and is still very young.......... he's going to be challenging for a starting spot in a couple of years.

And his goal kicking will be very handy.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Slim, I would sincerely hope that Lonergan will be challenging for a starting spot in a couple more years. He is currently the third No 9 behind Powell who is likely to go overseas after further disappointments in regards to national selection, and Lucas who could well be looking at retirement or an overseas gig for superannuation purposes within a couple of years.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
raining cats and dogs here guys, it will be wet and muddy...thunder too...might not be a good day for running rugby..

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The broadcast shows an utterly sodden field.

What is the issue that people have been having with Powel? I think he's looking really good. Both the accuracy and speed of his pass in these conditions is solid. Good actually.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Albert Tuisue looks like he could play prop rather than the row. Rory Arnold should be having an absolute ball in the line out.n And there should be plenty of them given conditions beg a kicking for territory game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Valetini starting to look good again.........

For a moment I thought Powell had buggered up that try before halftime.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
18 - 7 at half time to the Vikings. But the game ain't over yet. Drua have had handling problems but if the passes start to stick, they are dangerous from anywhere on the ground.

Pity to have lost Hawera so early in the game. His goal kicking could be missed by the end of the game. Arnold is very willing in play, but as usual Darcy Swain is having a large input into the game.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
WTF is it with Hoiles. Does he know anything about the laws of the game or is he just so anti-Vikings? The last straw was his inane comment about the Drua player not interfering with Swain in the lineout when he had his arms draped right across Swains shoulders. That did it. Turned the sound off at that point.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Twice Viking scrums pushing through the Drua to the line and collapsed which could easily have been penalty tries.

Though that recent late tackle by Drua really wasn't.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Viking line out should be dominant here but just isnt. Basic stuff at this level. Their scrum is great though.

I'm liking Powell and Banks big time for the Vikings

(and to laugh at me the Drua scrum just demolishes Vikings)

Status
Not open for further replies.