• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRL tipping comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Round 25

Rabbits vEels
Dragons v Warriors
Boys v Knights
Roosters v Tigers
Panthers v Titans
Eagles v Broncs
Storm v Sharks
Raiders v Bulldogs

Knights bubble burst last week.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Tempting to go the Warriors for the usual dead cat bounce after dumping a coach. Manly / Broncos difficult to pick with Manly's injuries. Broncos due for a win I feel.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tempting to go the Warriors for the usual dead cat bounce after dumping a coach. Manly / Broncos difficult to pick with Manly's injuries. Broncos due for a win I feel.

Not bad reasoning there SF. Certainly is a bit tough to pick. A few people I've talked to think the Raiders can win too.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Rabbits vEels
Dragons v Warriors
Boys v Knights
Roosters v Tigers
Panthers v Titans
Eagles v Broncs
Storm v Sharks
Raiders v Bulldogs

Can't disagree with your choices Angry. Rumour has it that Dogs are resting as many as 5 players, including Barba and Ennis. My dark horse is the Sharks.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Rabbits vEels
Dragons v Warriors
Boys v Knights
Roosters v Tigers
Panthers v Titans
Eagles v Broncs
Storm v Sharks
Raiders v Bulldogs

Can't disagree with your choices Angry. Rumour has it that Dogs are resting as many as 5 players, including Barba and Ennis. My dark horse is the Sharks.

Far out the Dogs are confident. Sharks do need to win, not out of the realm either.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sorry I'm late. Been crook. Got 6/8 last week. We are leading by one. Just need to maintain it for one more round.

Round 26

Knights v Rabbits
Broncs v Panthers
Bulldogs v Roosters
Sharks v Boys
Warriors v Raiders
Titans v Sea Eagles
Tigers v Storm
Eels v Dragons

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Knights v Rabbits
Broncs v Panthers
Bulldogs v Roosters
Sharks v Boys
Warriors v Raiders
Titans v Sea Eagles
Tigers v Storm
Eels v Dragons

We haven't scored a perfect round yet- hopefully this could be it. Mentally some teams will be already planning Mad Monday while others will be out to finish strong, so who knows? Good luck Sucker.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Have you gone out on a limb with some of these Hammy? Eels over the dragons? Rabbit over the knights at knightsville?

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
My thinking is that so much will depend on what is going on between the ears this weekend.

Eels will have 30,000 supporters. Everyone is tipping them too.

Souths have to win or they will drop out of the top 4 if the Boys win. Big day at Newcastle though.

Taking form into consideration I would pick Dragons Souths.
Taking mindset into consideration I chose Eels Souths.

Same with Tigers and Storm. If the Broncos lose on Friday then I think that the Tiges could beat the Storm. If the Broncs win then Storm could put 50 on the Tiges. I think the Broncs will win.

This is actually a really hard weekend as you just don't know who is going to turn up. But being 1 point ahead I picked what I thought the safest choices. Except for the Eels.

I'll leave it to you, Sucker. I am sure you will make the right choices.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I agree with Hammy for the most part but having learnt it is Knights old boys day I'm actually willing to say go for the Knights. I'm pretty sure we beat the Rabbits in a similar game last year.

You can look at it in different ways such as "Rabbits need to win they'll put on a big performance, Knights have nothing left to play for in regards to making the finals" or "Rabbits need to win - the pressure will get to them, for the Knights the pressure is off as they are not in contention for finals - they'll play more freely, its Newcastle old boys day". For me, I'd back the latter I think the Knights have a good chance, but Rabbits on paper anyhow should win.

Good luck with the flu. I'm just getting over my second bout (pretty sure the 1st bout was man flu) & I am positively over it.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well, kiddie winks....... WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If either of you are going to be at the Gold Coast for the Argentina game, or Brissie for the Bled, I owe you a drink!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Happy to have assisted in your success SFR! I won't be at either game - the satisfaction of knowing we won is good enough for me :)

Hopefully your win rubs off on me when I play in my Grand final this Saturday!

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Well, kiddie winks... WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If either of you are going to be at the Gold Coast for the Argentina game, or Brissie for the Bled, I owe you a drink!

Great news Sucker!

It's been lots of fun but also strangely bizarre for me and my friends when I'm seen enthusiastically cheering the likes of Manly, Broncos and the Storm.

I won't be at the games but I'll toast your success with a quiet scotch tonight. Hopefully I'll be doing the same for my beloved Bulldogs and of course Angry's team. Good luck Angry, let us know how you fare.

Status
Not open for further replies.