• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No more scholarship talk in this thread please. It will only end in tears.

We have a special padded cell for those who want to talk scholarships, bursaries, enrollment anomalies, fee relief, education assistance, boosters, third party funding arrangements or whatever the current in vogue term is.

Further posts will be deleted, and holidays issued.

You have been warned.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Apologies if it seemed harsh and for the strong remark however it's not fair on the kids in question either who generally don't have a voice here. I will delete the post, suggest you do the same.

pilf_enthusiast

Bob McCowan (2)
My predicted scots team 2017 (year they will be in)
1. Tom Leslie (12)
2. Nathan Zylstra (11)
3. Darcy Breen (12)
4. Jeremy Williams (11)
5. Nick McGeoch (12)
6. Benjy Joseph (12)
7. Angus McKenzie (12)
8. Will Harris (11)
9. Seb Strang (11)
10. Jakob Styles (12)
11. Charlie Burnett (12)
12. Ryan O'Byrne (pathways)/ Charlie Savala (11)
13. Billy Smith (12)
14. Thomas Yassmin (12)
15. Ben Baker (12)

deezebola

Frank Nicholson (4)
New 2017

1. Chris Icanovski (yr12 not doing pathways but could if wanted too)
2. Nasili Ofahengaue (yr11)
3. Angus Bell (yr11)
4. Liam Janson (yr12 but will be doing pathways)
5. Angus Duvall (yr12 not doing pathways but could if wanted too)
6. Finn Kearns/Harry Dickens (yr12/yr 12 but not doing pathways but could if wanted too)
7. Rory Lynch (yr12)
8. Keith Titmuss (yr11)
9. Patrick McCormack (yr12)
10. James Haldane (yr12)
11. Simi Afeaki/Raine Dellow (yr11/yr11)
12. Joe Caputo (yr11, new boy from canberra)
13. Nathanael Endemann (yr12)
14. Petro Kaloterakis (yr12)
15. Saul Lewis (yr11)

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
New 2017

1. Chris Icanovski (yr12 not doing pathways but could if wanted too)
2. Nasili Ofahengaue (yr11)
3. Angus Bell (yr11)
4. Liam Janson (yr12 but will be doing pathways)
5. Angus Duvall (yr12 not doing pathways but could if wanted too)
6. Finn Kearns/Harry Dickens (yr12/yr 12 but not doing pathways but could if wanted too)
7. Rory Lynch (yr12)
8. Keith Titmuss (yr11)
9. Patrick McCormack (yr12)
10. James Haldane (yr12)
11. Simi Afeaki/Raine Dellow (yr11/yr11)
12. Joe Caputo (yr11, new boy from canberra)
13. Nathanael Endemann (yr12)
14. Petro Kaloterakis (yr12)
15. Saul Lewis (yr11)

Not too many returning

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bell, Janson, Titmus, McCormack, Afeaki, Endermann and Lewis have all been amongst the best of their age group (U16 2016) and played a lot of club and rep together for 3/4 years. Mind you they played like strangers when I saw them at TKS this year. Endermann and Bell many would consider best of age behind Dom Easy from Riverview. Lewis not a fullback I feel and school seemed pretty happy with Haldene at #9 this year until his season was cut short. Endemann can be compared to Tyrone in so far as early developer and
ability to influence a result but when he resumes next year after a lot of injury, whether he can still stand out or will the gap be narrowed ?

Kings current 16A have been a handy age group and they just seem to rarely have a bad game. There were 6 or 7 from Y11 from Kings who played a lot of firsts this year and there were 5 Y11 of good size who made up last Saturdays 1sts scrum. 3# Papantoniou I believe one to watch next year. Kings #12 in the seconds also one to watch, scored 4 tries in recent win over SJC boys and thought he must have had measles from the missed tackles on him.

I think same may be said for Joeys that they will have many of this years 16As pushing for first selection next year that will strengthen the firsts. The TSC roster above I must admit has quality and experience to select a team that has strong claims for another title.

Tyrone. As previously mentioned P. Kearns on T.V. alluded to a 2016 New player who had attracted an offer from top French club side. Tyrone came to mind. Also someone writing on the 2016 season blog said Joeys attacked down News #14 side last Saturday and where tries were scored. I believed GPS II used the same tactic when I think Rixon and McTaggert, two speedsters, seemed to target Tyrone standing at #13, for the first try in the final win over GPS I.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Tyrone. As previously mentioned P. Kearns on T.V. alluded to a 2016 New player who had attracted an offer from top French club side. Tyrone came to mind. Also someone writing on the 2016 season blog said Joeys attacked down News #14 side last Saturday and where tries were scored. I believed GPS II used the same tactic when I think Rixon and McTaggert, two speedsters, seemed to target Tyrone standing at #13, for the first try in the final win over GPS I.

Think you mean NSW I V NSW II

I believe the discussion on this thread previously indicated that Opeti might have been the one headed for France.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Tyrone. Also someone writing on the 2016 season blog said Joeys attacked down News #14 side last Saturday and where tries were scored. I believed GPS II used the same tactic when I think Rixon and McTaggert, two speedsters, seemed to target Tyrone standing at #13, for the first try in the final win over GPS I.

whats this got to do with 2017 - TT will be at the roosters

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Anyone got a Shore line-up for 2017?
1. Luke Edwards (1sts)
2. Jock Livingston (2nds)
3. Alex Groth (2nds)
4. Ben Wilkins (16As)/James Hunt (3rds)
5. Charlie Wilkinson (16As)
6. Aaron Doyle (2nds)
7. Ed Collard (1sts)
8. Max Burrows (1sts)
9. Tom Simeon (3rds)
10. Max Sinclair (1sts)/ Harry Moses (16As)
11. Reece Boltman (3rds/2nds)
12. Max Sinclair (1sts)/ Jack Hondros (injured)
13. Daniel Jackson (16As)/ Ralph Mitchell (3rds)
14. ?
15. Blake Rixon (2nds)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The scholarship offenders seem to be getting worse, and are now doing it more in year 7 and 8, than in the final years. That is not going to change and Dr Wright will probably stay at Shore until it's "Goodbye Mr Chips".

Therefore somethings gotta give.

images

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
The Bellevue boys who will play in the 2017 season will be starting soon on their special sports diet program. Who needs imports when you have the best sports science program in Sydney? This is my final thought of season 2016. When this is all revealed in the SMH one day, remember, I raised it here first.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
The Bellevue boys who will play in the 2017 season will be starting soon on their special sports diet program. Who needs imports when you have the best sports science program in Sydney? This is my final thought of season 2016. When this is all revealed in the SMH one day, remember, I raised it here first.

SMH? I didn't think they did investigative journalism.........It requires too much work doesn't it?

footy4life

Chris McKivat (8)

Do you know if an investigation has been launched yet? Very interest to see this saga begin

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
the joeys firsts eat separately to the common joeys student so they could also get on the supplements if they want, if they aren't already. In my day it was protein powders and creatine and there are now reports that these products may have caused Lomu's demise. If you are suggesting the Scots diet program requires needles, then that's a big and serious accusation.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
....... If you are suggesting the Scots diet program requires needles, then that's a big and serious accusation.
queen.jpg

The phrase "complete and utter bollocks" would seem to be the appropriate response to accusations of any school engaging in needling schoolboys. And supplements like whey protein and creatine are standard fare for all lads these days with judicious, supervised use being part of most good S & C programs.

if anyone believes such rubbish please call me as I have a well maintained Harbour Bridge I'm itching to offload. "Cheap price for you mista!!!"

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
View attachment 8324

The phrase "complete and utter bollocks" would seem to be the appropriate response to accusations of any school engaging in needling schoolboys. And supplements like whey protein and creatine are standard fare for all lads these days with judicious, supervised use being part of most good S & C programs.

if anyone believes such rubbish please call me as I have a well maintained Harbour Bridge I'm itching to offload.

It would be virtually impossible for a school sports program to be involved. However, there is talk amongst scots parents that some boys use steroids and perhaps this is what joker is referring to. They weren't rugby players, in fact they were bad at sport and they just wanted to get pumped so they looked good for when they drank at the golden sheaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.