• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
Given how dominant NSW 7s were at Nationals, you would think that all of these players would be in strong contention for NSW schools team selection and higher honours. They also now have the added benefit of having trained for 3 months and played together as a team in many high level competitive games. They are a reasonable blend of school associations. IMHO I would be starting with this group of boys on my list.

NSW U17 Youth Boys
Nath Lawson (VC)
Tom Woodcock (C)
Alan Tuigamala
Jake Styles
Will Harrison (VC)
Triston Reilly
Yool Yool
Billy Smith
Matt Stead
Hunter Ward
Dom Easy
Keiren Mundine

I don't know about the rest of this group, but Nathan Lawson's finished school and will be playing Colts in 2017

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
who is the new grammar headmaster?

I heard it is a 40 year old , former SGS old boy?

does he like rugby?:mad:

left in 91 or 92, I think.
He was coach of the 2nd XI at his school in England when appointed.
he may, therefore, have some interest in sport but I have asked OBs older and younger and no one seems to know him - which you could take one of at least two ways, I guess.
Rugby:
I wouldn't expect too much too quickly but there has been some improvement in the year 7 intake last year. it will get worse before it gets better would be my present prediction.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
who is the new grammar headmaster?

I heard it is a 40 year old , former SGS old boy?

does he like rugby?:mad:

Dr Richard Malpass. He was deputy at Christ's Hospital (school) Sussex an academically selective school which also played competitive sport and have 18 rugby teams. (It's a co-ed school)

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
What?? Is it Headmaster Killing season.

Think reading between the lines the Kings appointment is about changing the culture. Otherwise the deputy would have got it.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Think reading between the lines the Kings appointment is about changing the culture. Otherwise the deputy would have got it.

if true that won't play well with the TKS groupies or with the Old Boys - who I gather are already up in arms that one of their own was not selected.
May not be good for rugby either - depending on your view as to what is the Kings' culture: it seems to have focussed on tennis, athletics and rugby recently.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
TKS may have a lot less teams, No more 4 or 5 Teams in the age Divisions, these days. But the quality of their A teams is excellent from what I have seen against Newington. Their 1st,2nds and 3rds are also excellent. So long as this quality is maintained, TKS supporters have less to be worried about than might be suspected.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
TKS may have a lot less teams, No more 4 or 5 Teams in the age Divisions, these days. But the quality of their A teams is excellent from what I have seen against Newington. Their 1st,2nds and 3rds are also excellent. So long as this quality is maintained, TKS supporters have less to be worried about than might be suspected.

I have a hunch that may very well reflect the culture they are looking to change in light of admissions made by Him Tawkes over the years

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)

Nothing wrong with the culture at Kings.... the appointment of the new head and passing over the deputy was all about the stacked church appointed board swinging their proverbials and appointing a Theological acolyte who will follow the doctrine of the bishop and his minions.

Take a look at Kings 2016 HSC results.... the best in their long history. They had the balance between academia and co- curricular just right.ky who will

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
if true that won't play well with the TKS groupies or with the Old Boys - who I gather are already up in arms that one of their own was not selected.
May not be good for rugby either - depending on your view as to what is the Kings' culture: it seems to have focussed on tennis, athletics and rugby recently.

Whatever you do please don't ever let facts get in the way of a good story.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I guess we know different people.
The ones I know are seething because they expect a big change.
Time will tell.

Kings will certainly be a "different" school with the appointment of the new head given his background.

IMO however it will be markedly worse off without Andrew Parry leading it.

Very disappointing!!!!

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Kings will certainly be a "different" school with the appointment of the new head given his background.

IMO however it will be markedly worse off without Andrew Parry leading it.

Very disappointing!!!!
Hear only good things about Parry.

Kinross should thrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.