• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Set

Peter Burge (5)
Good morning,
I have not had the patience to go back and have a look through the past pages, so was wondering if anyone could please give me their predictions on what each schools 1st XV will look like this year ?

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I have not had the patience to go back and have a look through the past pages, so was wondering if anyone could please give me their predictions on what each schools 1st XV will look like this year ?

Ok this is a long one but following are the latest posted predictions

Last predictions for each school. Note cant find any predictions for Riverview yet so come on! Surely someone has an idea of form before their USA tour in April?????Also no feedback on TAS, High or Grammar

For Joeys posted by Ethan Jones #509

My predicted Joeys 1st XV with what year they are in next year and team last year

1. Julian Heaven (Yr 11/16A)
2. James Bouchier (Yr 12/16A)
3. Fiu Gibson (Yr 12/3rds)
4. John Yates (Yr 12/1sts)
5. Nick Jansen/Tom Sutherland (Both Yr 12/Both 3rds)
6. Sam Abbey (Yr 12/Injured(1sts)) (Could be injured again)
7. Paddy Dalton (Yr 12/1sts)
8. Cody Edstein-Boyes (c) (Yr 12/1sts)
9. Dylan Dowling (vc) (Yr 12/1sts)
10. Vincent Creagh (Yr 11/16A)
11. Jack McConnell (Yr 11/16A)
12. Jack Quinn (Yr 12/2nds and 3rds)
13. Triston Reilly (Yr 12/1sts)
14. Joseph Kandalaft (Yr 12/2nds)
15. Zack Carey (Yr 11/16A)

Other Posibilities

6. Max Swanenberg (Year 12/2nds)
9. Joe Dalton (Yr 11/16A)
10. Sam Brandon (Yr 12/Injured)
7. Nelson Roberts (Yr 11/16A)
11. Lachlan Shortis (Yr 12/3rds)

Opportunity for a no. 6 as Sam Abbey might have redone his knee

For Kings posted by Azzuri #354

I would think the following lads are in contention for Kings first XV for 2017

1. Dougal Hicks (first XV in 2016) - AAGPS White
2. Ciaran Loh (2nd XV in 2016 - some First XV experience)
3. Jonathan Papantoniou (2nd XV in 2016 - some first XV experience)
4. Mac Williams (first XV in 2016) AAGPS White
5. Tbc
6. Nick Pepper (2016 16a?)
7. Charlie Brown (2016 First XV)
8. Sam Loch - (2016 16a's)
9. Henry Robbo
10. Matt Minogue (2016 16a's)
11. Eddie Mann
12. Eddie Poolman (2016 2nd XV)
13. Ben Duckworth (2016 First XV) AAGPS White
14. Lachlan Apps
15. Tbc

For Scots posted by Rich_E #317

1. Tom Leslie - 2nds
2. Nathan Zylstra - 16As and NSW u16s
3. Darcy Breen - 1sts and NSW II schools
4. Nelson Bours - 2nds
5. Nick Mcgeoch - 2nds
6. Jeremy Williams - 2nds and Pres A
7. Angus McKenzie - 2nds
8. Will Harris - 16As, 1sts and Pres A
9. Seb Strang - 16As
10. Jake Styles - 2nds
11. Billy Smith 1sts
12. Charlie Savala - injured all season. Would have made 16As and possibly 1sts/2nds
13. Ryan O'Bierne - 1sts
14. Tom Yassmin - 1st and Green and Gold GPS Team of 2016
15. Ben Baker - 2nds and Pres B

Orhers in the mix and likely to make team somewhere are.

Brett Wellington - centre - 2nds and NSW u16s
Charlie Burnett - back three - 2nds
Charlie Baker - 12 and 15 - 3rds and Pres B

For Newington posted by YG4HUNNID #82

Possible Newington 1STXV 2017?

1) Ofahangaue (Y11)
2) Icanovski (Y12)
3) Bell (Y11)
4) Jansen (Y12)
5) Duvall (Y12)
6) Kearns (Y12)
7) Lynch (Y12)
8) Titmuss (Y11)
9) Haldane (Y12)
10) Caputo (Y11)
11) Afeaki (Y11)
12) Endemann (Y12)
13) Dellow (Y11)
14) Kaloterakis (Y12)
15) Lewis (Y11)

For Shore posted by HoldingOn #51

1. Luke Edwards (1sts)
2. Jock Livingston (2nds)
3. Alex Groth (2nds)
4. Ben Wilkins (16As)/James Hunt (3rds)
5. Charlie Wilkinson (16As)
6. Aaron Doyle (2nds)
7. Ed Collard (1sts)
8. Max Burrows (1sts)
9. Tom Simeon (3rds)
10. Max Sinclair (1sts)/ Harry Moses (16As)
11. Reece Boltman (3rds/2nds)
12. Max Sinclair (1sts)/ Jack Hondros (injured)
13. Daniel Jackson (16As)/ Ralph Mitchell (3rds)
14. ?
15. Blake Rixon (2nds)

Riverview, I will give it a crack but have limited knowledge and would happily defer to others closer to the action. So please fill in the blanks. No idea who is on pathways or year 12.

1 ?
2 Will Mclennan
3 ?
4 Saxon Gillies
5 Jack Hogan
6 ?
7 ?
8 Charlie Rorke
9 Rory Kennedy
10 ?
11Matt Dutaillis
12 Dom Easy
13 Cameron Fish
14 Tom Glascott
15 Angus Bell

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
The annual schools 7s tournament at Scots will be held on Saturday 1 April, 2017. More details coming soon.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Will be interesting to see if Joeys supports the Scots event. Joeys had Reilly in NSW (Blue) 7s Team that won Nationals in December, Swanenberg in NSW White and Heaven in the squad of 28

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Will be interesting to see if Joeys supports the Scots event. Joeys had Reilly in NSW (Blue) 7s Team that won Nationals in December, Swanenberg in NSW White and Heaven in the squad of 28

Would be great to see Joeys support the event. IIRC, they haven't in the past. With the likes of Reilly, Swanenberg and Heaven, they would be a big threat. They would have other players too who would be a handful, such as Edstein-Boyes and Kandalaft.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
What pre season rugby tours have the schools planned? Scots are touring NZ 13 to 23 April.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Welcome all to 2017 ....... should be another great year of GPS rugby in the new format Azzuri still owes me a meat pie from last year I'm thinking the Shore ones from last year will taste good ....... coaching news from TSC ....... GPS Gold squad 1st 2nds and 3rds have been training over summer and will head to NZ pre season which will be a tough hit out no doubt ....... they have appointed NRL "super boot" Daryl Halligan as kicking coach and Andrew Blades is on board again under Brian Smith as scrum coach ......... this years team will me much more capable on paper than last years winning team ......... so it will be interesting to see where they go .......... here is to a great year of GPS rugby ........

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Welcome all to 2017 ... should be another great year of GPS rugby in the new format Azzuri still owes me a meat pie from last year I'm thinking the Shore ones from last year will taste good ... coaching news from TSC ... GPS Gold squad 1st 2nds and 3rds have been training over summer and will head to NZ pre season which will be a tough hit out no doubt ... they have appointed NRL "super boot" Daryl Halligan as kicking coach and Andrew Blades is on board again under Brian Smith as scrum coach ... this years team will me much more capable on paper than last years winning team ... so it will be interesting to see where they go .... here is to a great year of GPS rugby ....

Sssshhhhh Rob.

Nah all good.

The Scots team does look strong on paper and would probably have to be in my top three. At this early stage, I'm not sure who the other two top three teams are though. But with the extended pre season we will have lots of opportunity to find out.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Welcome all to 2017 ... should be another great year of GPS rugby in the new format Azzuri still owes me a meat pie from last year I'm thinking the Shore ones from last year will taste good ... coaching news from TSC ... GPS Gold squad 1st 2nds and 3rds have been training over summer and will head to NZ pre season which will be a tough hit out no doubt ... they have appointed NRL "super boot" Daryl Halligan as kicking coach and Andrew Blades is on board again under Brian Smith as scrum coach ... this years team will me much more capable on paper than last years winning team ... so it will be interesting to see where they go .... here is to a great year of GPS rugby ....

:rolleyes:

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Cameron blades! How regular is his input?

As that explains a lot. I thought newington front row would destroy
Scots in 2016. But they held their own.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
I thought newington front row would destroy
Scots in 2016. But they held their own.

And that was reflected in all 3 of Scots front rowers getting selected in GPS 1sts or 2nds, whereas only Newington front rower to make any of the 4 GPS teams was Helu. Although his contribution was undeniably massive.

RonnyGibbs

Herbert Moran (7)
And that was reflected in all 3 of Scots front rowers getting selected in GPS 1sts or 2nds, whereas only Newington front rower to make any of the 4 GPS teams was Helu. Although his contribution was undeniably massive.

And the other Newington Prop played NSW Under16s Schoolboys

Status
Not open for further replies.