• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2017

Tip the 2017 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
No joe boys game to pick a team for 2017?

I hear max hendrie who was in scots 1st xv a few years back will be in defensive line on Saturday at Homebush for Hawaiian warriors

Be curious to know who is earning more, him or Crichton .... Not that hendrie has any money worries from what I hear.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Wouldn't you put Wellington over Savala or Smith?

Unlikely.
Smith once back from injury had a great end of season.
Solid as a rock in defence and threatening in attack.
Savala has been injured all of this season but was a standout performer in his U15 year and is big for his age. He is a talented player and will be in the hunt for a place.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
No joe boys game to pick a team for 2017?

I hear max hendrie who was in scots 1st xv a few years back will be in defensive line on Saturday at Homebush for Hawaiian warriors

Be curious to know who is earning more, him or Crichton .. Not that hendrie has any money worries from what I hear.

US College players don't get paid, so I'm guessing Crichton is ahead at the moment

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm off to the game on Saturday. Hope the rain eases off.
The Telegraph indicates each team has brought about 100 players with them.

Certainly looked like it when I saw them training on one of the outer fields out at Homebush yesterday. Some big big units running around...

ytsb

Frank Row (1)
Shore 1st/2nd XV
1. Luke Edwards > Callum Groth
2. Jock Livingstone > James Hardling
3. Matt Houston > Sam Alyward
4. Max Burrows > Charlie Wilkinson
5. Ben Wilkinson > Fergis Ellios? Jack Kench?
6. James Hunt > Charlie Feilen
7. Ed Collard (c) > Ben Fawcett
8. Aaron Doyle > Nathan Smith
9. Tom Simon > Henry Watson/Jett Hutton
10. Blake Rixon > Harry Moses
11. Reese Bolt-man > Tim Kendrick
12. Max Sinclair(vc) > Jack Honduras
13. Ralph Mitchell > Dan Jackson
14. Angus Cudmor > Matt Sullivin
15. Dom Walker > Justin Courbet

jumpnrun

Frank Row (1)
Shore 1st/2nd XV
1. Luke Edwards > Callum Groth
2. Jock Livingstone > James Hardling
3. Matt Houston > Sam Alyward
4. Max Burrows > Charlie Wilkinson
5. Ben Wilkinson > Fergis Ellios? Jack Kench?
6. James Hunt > Charlie Feilen
7. Ed Collard (c) > Ben Fawcett
8. Aaron Doyle > Nathan Smith
9. Tom Simon > Henry Watson/Jett Hutton
10. Blake Rixon > Harry Moses
11. Reese Bolt-man > Tim Kendrick
12. Max Sinclair(vc) > Jack Honduras
13. Ralph Mitchell > Dan Jackson
14. Angus Cudmor > Matt Sullivin
15. Dom Walker > Justin Courbet

Why is Houston in 1s over Groth or Alyward.

ytsb

Frank Row (1)
Why is Houston in 1s over Groth or Alyward.

Good toss between Housten and Alyward through housten being a more underrated player and was probably one of the most improved players going from 4ths to 2nds whilst alyward is a much better player in coordination/physicality and was in the 2nds at some stage hes been inconsistent and injured however i'm sure he is full of potential but i have not seen it.
Groth on the other hand is miles behind in size, coordination, physicality when compared to the 2 and i'm fairly sure the coaches do not like as I've heard hes got a bit of an attitude.

ytsb

Frank Row (1)
Justify your selection of Cudmor (14) in the 1s?

A lack of depth in the back 3 most likely. I've seen a few of his games and his very fast and very slippery and if you look at the other players in the back line this is what they lack the most and need in the team
Could go anyway though, if he puts on size and can stay fast then hes got a chance

Troy Dickson

Herbert Moran (7)
With all these 2017 teams named someone with the 'knowledge' put together an anticipated GPS 1st XV. We will look back on your selection next year and see how good of 'selector' you really are.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
With all these 2017 teams named someone with the 'knowledge' put together an anticipated GPS 1st XV. We will look back on your selection next year and see how good of 'selector' you really are.

Geez. Way too early to make that call. Mainly because there will be players not on most peoples' radars right now who will step up. Breen and Jeavons Fellows from Scots this year are good examples. I doubt many would have predicted this time last year that they would make GPS 1sts, let alone NSW 2s and 1s respectively. Plus no one has named a View or Joeys team yet and I reckon quite a few will make GPS from those teams.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Geez. Way too early to make that call. Mainly because there will be players not on most peoples' radars right now who will step up. Breen and Jeavons Fellows from Scots this year are good examples. I doubt many would have predicted this time last year that they would make GPS 1sts, let alone NSW 2s and 1s respectively. Plus no one has named a View or Joeys team yet and I reckon quite a few will make GPS from those teams.
My list of probables:
Luke Edwards
Max Sinclair
Charlie Rorke
Tom Yassmin

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
^^^ Probables sure. Not certainties. Other Probables IMO are...

Darcy Breen
Mac Williams
Dom Easy
Billy Smith

And possibles...

Angus Bell
Liam Jansen
Will Harris
Keith Titmus
Ed Collard
Jake Styles

Darvo

Peter Burge (5)
I'm a regular poster in the QLD GPS and found a comment saying the best schools in Sydney would lose to the schools in the mid to lower tables in the QLD GPS. Is rugby not taken too seriously down south or is it other factors?

Dutchy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Funny that the NSW teams came 1 & 2 in the recent national championships while the QLD sides didn't do so well but the Sydney GPS teams who have strong representation in the NSW teams are not so good. Funny that...

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not trying to cause an uproar. Was simply asking a question about how good the GPS system is in NSW compared to what some others have said.

Surely there has been a few tour games over the years, anyone know any results of games played by AAGPS V GPS ??

Status
Not open for further replies.