• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Four GPS lads made the 2017 Australian u16s Merit Team - see link below. They are:

1. Nick Jones - Joeys
8. Joe Brial - Scots
9. Lachlan Albert - View
12. John Connoly - Kings (and winner of 2017 Green and Gold GPS Rising Star award)

All should feature prominently in their respective schools' 1st XVs in 2018 and push for opens rep honours.

Congratulations to all the lads selected, from all associations and states.

https://rugbynews.net.au/australian-u16s-merit-team-announced-following-national-championships/

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Here's a possible Joeys 1st XV (2017 year/team/rep in brackets)

Have bracketed a few but no doubt others would be well in contention!

1 Jack Dolan Yr 11/3rds
2 Julian Heaven Yr 11/1sts/GPS Blue
3 Nick Jones Yr 10/2nds/Aust U16 Merit
4 Jet Williams Yr 11/2nds
5 Hugh Bokenham Yr 10/2nds/Pres A
6 Louis Robinson Yr10/U16A/Pres B
7 Nelson Roberts Yr 11/2nds
8 Dom Goodman Yr 11/3rds
9 Jo Dalton Yr11/2nds
10 Vince Creagh Yr11/1sts/GPS2 or Jude Gibbs Yr10/2nds/NSW U16 2nds
11 Liam Scolari Yr 11/1sts/GPS White or Nick Wilson Yr11/2nds
12 Tom Eveleigh Yr11/1sts or Zac Carey Yr 11/2nds
13 Xavier Ryan Yr 11/1sts/GPS Blue
14 Dan O'Brien Yr 10/2nds/Pres A or Enzo Mascart Yr 11/U16A/Pres A
15 Nick Chan Yr 10/1sts/GPS Blue

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Across the whole school, or just 1sts//nds?
I believe that it's across the whole school. Tim Wallace has stepped down as the head of PDHPE to focus on working with Macqueen so I would expect it's a direct attempt to revamp the entire rugby programme that they somewhat started after the 2015 season. It may be an attempt to mirror the recent success of Scots with Brian Smith which has demonstrated how far a strong coaching programme can get a school.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I believe that it's across the whole school. Tim Wallace has stepped down as the head of PDHPE to focus on working with Macqueen so I would expect it's a direct attempt to revamp the entire rugby programme that they somewhat started after the 2015 season. It may be an attempt to mirror the recent success of Scots with Brian Smith which has demonstrated
how far a strong coaching programme can get a school.

cough, splutter -must resist temptation to post in the wrong thread
----how long do you think Brian Smith has been there?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Has anyone posted a probable Newington team ... certainly they do have some good players I can think of ... Angus Bell being the incumbent Aussie Schools prop and the Aussie under 16s winger Tolu Koula

anyone care to post a possible team?

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Morning All

I am after a succinct summary as to who the top 3 teams figure to be across the U13 to Opens in NSW GPS Rugby this year , and further , from the U15 and upwards , who the players to watch might be that ultimately have strong chances of playing NSW 1 and 2 come Opens over the course of this season and the next couple after this one

Thanks

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Besides

1. Nick Jones - Joeys
8. Joe Brial - Scots
9. Lachlan Albert - View
12. John Connoly - Kings
14. Tolu Koula - Newington

Can anyone name the other GPS Boys , and their positions , that represented NSW U16 1 and 2 teams ?

Thanks again

B

Biceptimus Prime

Rory Stanton of shore made reserve hooker for NSW 1s in the U16. He shows immense flare and pace around the park for his size and can certainly use footwork and skill to break the defensive line. Definitely one to look for in 2018 !

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I am badly out of touch. Do we have details of the structure of the 2018 comp Including thirds?

Hi Jim Happy New Year! Similar format to 2017, they have expanded the trial period to include some ISA schools with CAS. 2018 Draw available in GPS website http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/winter-sports/rugby/ 3rds still 7 round comp 1sts and 2nds 5 Round Looks like selections for association rep teams will be based on performance in the GPS/CAS/ISA trial matches

Props rule

Frank Nicholson (4)
Dan Botha - scots NSW 1
Jordan Williams - kings NSW 1
Jude Gibbs -joeys NSW 1

David vei - NSW 1 moving from st augustines to newington (rumour)