• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Correct, some of the scenes were shot at half time during the Scots v New game. The "action" shots were actually shot at Newington during the following week. Hint I was in one of those scenes. There was also another movie shot at Scots in the 80s about a student having relations with a female teacher.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Минут десять просматривал контент инет, неожиданно к своему удивлению обнаружил отличный веб-сайт. Это он: Был Сынок У Маменьки Медвежонок Маленький . Для нас данный сайт оказался очень оригинальным. Пока!

Yes, I know Moscow Presbyterian College is a strong rugby school, but your SOCHI campus has had some major issues with their "sports science" program. You knew that when you helped your "comrade" school in Sydney set up its program.

5ab8f92785600a6da3740270.jpg

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Okay so here we go ....... I’m predicting the most competitive selection process since the dream team in 2014 at Bellevue Hill this year I might be bais but the depth at BH is so deep it’s going to have boys playing in numbers on their backs not seen before ....... I’m predicting the strongest Scots 2nd 15 in living memory ......... here “ we go / guess”.......

1) Daniel Bontha 2nds
2) Moore / Tucker 2nds / 16a
3) Nick Wiggan / Ed McGowan / 16a NSW 1st/ 16a NSW 16 2nds
4) Seamus King / 1sts
5) Xavier lebifer / Bedingfield / 2nds / 1sts 2nds / 1sts
6) Darcey Clifton / 2nds
7) Tom Aveyard / 1sts
8) Dylan Hansen / Joe Brial / 16a NSW 1sts / 1sts 2018
9) Charlie Adams / 2nds
10) Jack Mossman / 1sts
11) Tyrone / 15as
12) Kobe Rugless / 1sts
13) Ben ZuchaIrri / 1sts
14) Tyrell / 15as
15) Hamish Dunstan /16as

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Okay so here we go ... I’m predicting the most competitive selection process since the dream team in 2014 at Bellevue Hill this year I might be bais but the depth at BH is so deep it’s going to have boys playing in numbers on their backs not seen before ... I’m predicting the strongest Scots 2nd 15 in living memory ... here “ we go / guess”...

1) Daniel Bontha 2nds
4) Seamus King / 1sts
6) Darcey Clifton / 2nds
7) Tom Aveyard / 1sts
9) Charlie Adams / 2nds
10) Jack Mossman / 1sts
11) Tyrone / 15as
12) Kobe Rugless / 1sts
13) Ben ZuchaIrri / 1sts
14) Tyrell / 15as
15) Hamish Dunstan /16as

The wingers must be extraordinary. Straight from 15s to 1sts.
You don't think some stepping stones along the way are necessary?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Okay so here we go ... I’m predicting the most competitive selection process since the dream team in 2014 at Bellevue Hill this year I might be bais but the depth at BH is so deep it’s going to have boys playing in numbers on their backs not seen before ... I’m predicting the strongest Scots 2nd 15 in living memory ... here “ we go / guess”...

1) Daniel Bontha 2nds
4) Seamus King / 1sts
6) Darcey Clifton / 2nds
7) Tom Aveyard / 1sts
9) Charlie Adams / 2nds
10) Jack Mossman / 1sts
11) Tyrone / 15as
12) Kobe Rugless / 1sts
13) Ben ZuchaIrri / 1sts
14) Tyrell / 15as
15) Hamish Dunstan /16as

Strong looking team Rob. Forwards look good. Like Rich I am bit concerneed with the 15A wingers. Joeys 15's had some great players as well, only one (Paddy Burns) would in contention for a senior position. Scots centres look dangerous as well.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
If you're good enough you're old enough. Kellaway was the same age so was Ian Cameron in the late 90s. I'm pretty sure Beale was young as well.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Strong looking team Rob. Forwards look good. Like Rich I am bit concerneed with the 15A wingers. Joeys 15's had some great players as well, only one (Paddy Burns) would in contention for a senior position. Scots centres look dangerous as well.
Any update on what a potential Joeys team might be, Joker?

Oceans

Bob McCowan (2)
The team Sonny put up at the start of the thread looks pretty good. There is news though of two lads who have started in yr 11 this year from the bush who are pretty handy. I am trying to get the good word on them.
Joker, intel suggests the country kids won’t change SDW’s suggested line-up (if that is what Joeys ultimtely run with). What could change things up though, is the NSW 2018 Gen Blue number 9 that has commenced at the school this year in Year 11. Joeys, however, is certainly not short on halfbacks - with the other NSW 2018 Gen Blue halfback already there in Year 11, and the NSW 2017 Gen Blue halfback now in Year 12 and desperate to play 1sts. Depth has never seemed to be a problem at that school, and this year will be even more pronounced in this respect. Any number of footballers who would ordinarily challenge for 1st team spots at any GPS school, could (and will have to) play 2nd’s and 3rd’s this year.

Regarding the possible Scots line up Rob Hart posted, wow, an exciting prospect. Particularly with some of the positional changes Rob flags.

But I agree with the concerns raised about the 15a’s outside backs, even though I’m aware they are experienced and physical kids. The reality however is that there are a number of very experienced and aggressive outside backs at opposition schools with genuine NRL experience like Kaeo Weekes (Manly) and Koula Tolu (Manly) at Newington, Emery Jolliffe (Balmain) and Sam Kanaan (Balmain) at Joeys and Villiami Penisini (Parramatta) and Joey Suualli (South Sydney) at Kings and who all play an extremely fast and very aggressive style of football. I’ve no doubt the young Scots boys are outstanding prospects, but it’s asking a lot of them at a very young age to handle this level of player. Time will tell.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)

1) Daniel Bontha 2nds
4) Seamus King / 1sts
6) Darcey Clifton / 2nds
7) Tom Aveyard / 1sts
9) Charlie Adams / 2nds
10) Jack Mossman / 1sts
11) Tyrone / 15as
12) Kobe Rugless / 1sts
13) Ben ZuchaIrri / 1sts
14) Tyrell / 15as
15) Hamish Dunstan /16as

Interesting team but can’t see it being their starting lineup. Too many players out off position.
If fact there wouldn’t be 1 player in this team that would get in last years team if who has not already played 1sts last year apart from Tyrell and that scots 2018 team came 3rd.
I also doubt there is 5 Australian school boys in this team unfortunately, but I do think with right selections Scots can still go very close this year.
As for Tyrell he plays for Souths in Harold Matt’s with Suali and they are undefeated and look very good, both being Souths strongest players this year, I think u will find Tyrell at outside centre and/or fullback.

Oceans

Bob McCowan (2)
Interesting team but can’t see it being their starting lineup. Too many players out off position.
If fact there wouldn’t be 1 player in this team that would get in last years team if who has not already played 1sts last year apart from Tyrell and that scots 2018 team came 3rd.
I also doubt there is 5 Australian school boys in this team unfortunately, but I do think with right selections Scots can still go very close this year.
As for Tyrell he plays for Souths in Harold Matt’s with Suali and they are undefeated and look very good, both being Souths strongest players this year, I think u will find Tyrell at outside centre and/or fullback.
You raise some very valid points Show and go, and yes, I concede that the Matt’s experience for Tyrell will be invaluable, but we need to also remember that the players from the opposing schools mentioned in the above post all played finals football in the same competition 12 months ago; with some playing in the GF. That’s a whole lot of big game experience to rely upon.

Scots have been able to depend upon a core of very good (and some might say obvious) players for the best part of a decade now, and one wonders whether last year’s 3rd place means the coaching staff will feel the need/pressure to chance their arm with a few Year 10 kids; and some others in totally new field positions. Could be the very tonic they need to get back on the winner’s dias in the position they want; or alternatively could be the decision process that means things unravel horribly all around them.

Summary position is that the level and quality of athlete, and the number of absolute standout footballers running around both the GPS and CAS comps this year, is like nothing I’ve seen in 40 years of watching schoolboy football.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
If you're good enough you're old enough. Kellaway was the same age so was Ian Cameron in the late 90s. I'm pretty sure Beale was young as well.

Kurtley certainly had three years in the 1st XV for Joeys and I don't remember him being old for his year group.
Ian Cameron got injured, so not a good example of young 'uns being good enough. He certainly was dynamic and fast.

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
Boys in Yr 10 playing 1st XV isn't exactly common but it's not unusual. Will Harris is another recent one who springs to mind, and pretty sure Dan OBrien at Joeys was another.

Status
Not open for further replies.