• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Quite a few of the King’s and New backs last year were up from the 16s (and 15s in one case). What’s more they were some of the both sides best players.

R

RuggerFan1

Scots boys have been training hard in the preseason with 16as and a prospective 3rdXV going down to the Kangaroo Valley in the Easter break. First XV are parting ways with the traditional schools they play on their annual NZ Tour for an intensive training camp focusing on skills and fitness at a high-performance rugby centre in Canterbury.

R

RuggerFan1

Bushie out trangie way is making a push for the Kings 1st XV at tighthead prop. Under the name of Oliver Ferrari. Has a foot in front atm over his competition Angus Fahey who played NSW Gen Blue first XV.

R

RuggerFan1

Okay so here we go ... I’m predicting the most competitive selection process since the dream team in 2014 at Bellevue Hill this year I might be bais but the depth at BH is so deep it’s going to have boys playing in numbers on their backs not seen before ... I’m predicting the strongest Scots 2nd 15 in living memory ... here “ we go / guess”...

1) Daniel Bontha 2nds
2) Moore / Tucker 2nds / 16a
3) Nick Wiggan / Ed McGowan / 16a NSW 1st/ 16a NSW 16 2nds
4) Seamus King / 1sts
5) Xavier lebifer / Bedingfield / 2nds / 1sts 2nds / 1sts
6) Darcey Clifton / 2nds
7) Tom Aveyard / 1sts
8) Dylan Hansen / Joe Brial / 16a NSW 1sts / 1sts 2018
9) Charlie Adams / 2nds
10) Jack Mossman / 1sts
11) Tyrone / 15as
12) Kobe Rugless / 1sts
13) Ben ZuchaIrri / 1sts
14) Tyrell / 15as
15) Hamish Dunstan /16as
My good friend's son played for NSW. Don't remember seeing a Nick Wiggan on the teamlist.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Quite a few of the King’s and New backs last year were up from the 16s (and 15s in one case). What’s more they were some of the both sides best players.

Yes, both schools could prove to be the Dark Horses of the competition. Both Joeys and Scots can rightfully lay claim to being the favourites, but could be vulnerable to a surprise upsets from either of these schools.

Joeys for instant I believe have Newington first up in Round One. I could stand to be corrected, but is it the first week back from holidays. If so and Newington have a rigorous holiday training program, combined with some quality matches during the Holidays. They could met Joeys as a well prepared and cohesive team, with a number of talented backs, such as Weekes who I believed proved to be handful in News 27-28 loss at HH last year.

Hopefully, New's Goal Kicking has improved as it has let us down in 2016 with a missed conversion from in front for a Joeys 48-47 win and the same last year, another failed conversion from in front. occurred last year as well. Of course Joeys could also be well prepared as a result of any Holiday Camps/Matches. Although, favourites for this match Joeys can ill afford to be overconfident meeting Newington at Stanmore. Hoping there will be a good crowd to support both schools.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Scots boys have been training hard in the preseason with 16as and a prospective 3rdXV going down to the Kangaroo Valley in the Easter break. First XV are parting ways with the traditional schools they play on their annual NZ Tour for an intensive training camp focusing on skills and fitness at a high-performance rugby centre in Canterbury.

Careful, last time an AAGPS school was around sheep this happened

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Hoping there will be a good crowd to support both schools.

Nothing wrong with the Joeys kicking. Lets see that 52m monster again shall we.

My neighbors son was playing halfback for New that day and he was gutted by the loss. Then his brother played last year in New's 1st XV and the kicker couldn't kick straight. They both took it for what it was...a game played in great spirit.

Balmain Subbies

Alfred Walker (16)
Kurtley certainly had three years in the 1st XV for Joeys and I don't remember him being old for his year group.
Ian Cameron got injured, so not a good example of young 'uns being good enough. He certainly was dynamic and fast.

True regarding Cameron that he got injured but that was in year 11 not 10. Joker wasn't the No.10 from Joey's in 2011 in year 10. Blonde hair from memory?

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
True regarding Cameron that he got injured but that was in year 11 not 10. Joker wasn't the No.10 from Joey's in 2011 in year 10. Blonde hair from memory?

Andrew Deegan.
Yr 10 in the 1st XV in 2011
Great kid. Hardest head as well.

Ists-v-Scots-3rd-August-2013-87-390x520.jpg

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Scots 7s are on again

Saturday 6 April 2019 - see pic below.

I believe RKS from Fiji (last year's winners), Scots, a NSW Development team, Stannies, TAS, Shore and others are competing.

I will share full list of schools competing when I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.