• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ok...here we go.
The first weekend of trials start.
This weekend the Joeys boys host the cousins from Canberra in the annual start to the season.
Only A teams will play and plenty of trials for everyone else.

After an off season grazing on the improved kitchen offerings at Hunters Hill, the slightly bigger and more experienced cattle dogs will eager to rip and tear on the manicured lawn of Number 1. While months have passed since the "Miracle in the Dark" and the "Battle of Bellevue", Joeys boys are keen to replicate season 2018. The cerise and blue kitchens have been fired up with the appointment of a new catering director who brings knowledge of those secret eastern arts with him from the Dark Empire. Reports have filtered out from recent menu meetings that a mantra of speed, strength and more speed being preached. While Joeys do not always produce the largest cattle (Kings win there) they do produce though, a hoard of fast, hungry players. In 2018 Joeys returned to the once forgotten "dog whistles" of days past and just ran the ball. This season there is an expectation that this will continue but with greater skill as seen this past week with a new school wide training program being implemented. The cattle dogs tasted GPS premiership in 2018 after a very long drought. They are keen to not let this go again.

Joeys boy taking on a Kings lad while training

taralee.jpg

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
anyone have ladder predictions?

Possibly the following placing might occur.

1 or 2, to either Joeys or Scots

3 or 4, to either Kings or Newington

5 to View

6 to Shore

However, with the exception of Shore any of the other five could throw a "spanner in the works" and the results could change over night. Personally, I think Nostradamus, would be reduced to tears trying to predict this one for 2019.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
150 years of Newington rugby in 2019.

1st game of rugby ever played in Australia v Sydney University

1st inter-school game ever played in Australia v Kings

Big celebrations planned for the Kings v Newington game at Parramatta in the AAGPS season.

Rugby_Book_P_F.jpg

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
150 years of Newington rugby in 2019.

1st game of rugby ever played in Australia v Sydney University

1st inter-school game ever played in Australia v Kings

Big celebrations planned for the Kings v Newington game at Parramatta in the AAGPS season.

Rugby_Book_P_F.jpg

Hello QH, Newington are promoting a book " 150 years of Rugby at Newington" two distinct books one with lots of signatures I think its about $150. The other about $65. If you order them ], they can be pick up on the back to Newington day or send to your postage address for $15 postage.

I hope to buy one, but i expect there could be a massive demand for them and not just within the Newington community.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Did someone say BIG! Reminds me of another BIG milestone in 2013 that Newington enjoyed.

Diversity is a wonderful thing. We're very proud of it at Newington.

THERE ARE 31 DIFFERENT countries of birth for the parents of our Year 7 boys
THERE ARE 11 FAITHS or religious denominations in addition to 'not stated' or 'no religion' who make up our College community
OUR BOARDERS COME FROM 18 regional country towns and 14 international cities

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Diversity is a wonderful thing. We're very proud of it at Newington.

THERE ARE 31 DIFFERENT countries of birth for the parents of our Year 7 boys

THERE ARE 11 FAITHS or religious denominations in addition to 'not stated' or 'no religion' who make up our College community

OUR BOARDERS COME FROM 18 regional country towns and 14 international cities

While I can have a laugh at Joker's clever and humorous pictures, it makes me immensely proud as an Old Boy, how Newington has evolved over the years from a Bastion of White Anglo-Saxon Protestant ethnicity, to a more enlightened, inclusive, diverse educational environment. One that is so welcoming to all boys of all faiths and backgrounds.

But even then, when I was there in the 1970s, it had a strong belief in social justice so much so, other schools considered us the poor man's private school. Or the school of the successful Green Grocer. I can remember my father parking at another school, between two BMWS, so my brother and I could attend our sports matches. We had a second hand Volkswagen. Yet, we neither felt ashamed or embarrassed, on the contrary, our parents like so many other parents at Newington, made sacrifices to which I am grateful to this very day.

Status
Not open for further replies.