• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2020

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
TDO,

“getting the jerseys dirty”.

Joeys boys have no issue with filthy jerseys
This photo of the late Peter Palmer was taken on number 1 before the field was upgraded.
Joeys number 1 was once a bog when it rained many years ago.

EesAo5zUMAAOIeo

Brother Joseph

Frank Nicholson (4)
Evening, alias "The Business"

Would love to see these games on regardless of the weather. Time to get the jerseys dirty i say.

Wouldn't hurt to have some good mileage on their respective fields, not like they're being used by many teams every weekend and give the groundsmen some work.

Where is this 3rd XV clash? Unsure if at View or Joeys.

TDO.

I’ll definitely be docking on the Riverview wharf to get a look at the 3rds fixture.

Rumours of Joeys 3rds preparing to press the edges to utilise kicking, clearly trying to make the best of the conditions.

Let’s hope it’s not something of a pathetic fallacious nature for these Views boys and that it’s a tight contest.

More to come,
Br. Joseph

T

The Hammer

Joeys boys have no issue with filthy jerseys
This photo of the late Peter Palmer was taken on number 1 before the field was upgraded.
Joeys number 1 was once a bog when it rained many years ago.

EesAo5zUMAAOIeo

It wasn’t long ago (2014 if my mathematics is correct) when the St Iggies 1st oval would be a mud bath after a hint of rain.

The Joeys vs Riverview game with Henry Hutchinson’s jersey covered in mud comes to mind.

Hammer.

set_play

Frank Row (1)
It wasn’t long ago (2014 if my mathematics is correct) when the St Iggies 1st oval would be a mud bath after a hint of rain.

The Joeys vs Riverview game with Henry Hutchinson’s jersey covered in mud comes to mind.

Hammer.

The Joeys v Riverview game in 2006 was also played in extremely muddy conditions

T

the Business

Ahhhhhhh,

And so another day begins.

The sun shines upon the shingled terraces of the GPS colleges,

And I cant help but think how privileged we are to get a season this year,

After much uncertainty we have been blessed by good fortune in NSW, and our men are allowed to get rough and dirty on the "footy field."

With the first trial match between Riverview and Shore, I was wondering if anyone knew about Shore's strength this year?
Will it be the same as previous ones, whereby they have struggled to win, or have they recovered from their rut and are beginning to rebuild.

Be sure to let me know,

Kind regards,

The Business

T

The Hammer

Hello avid AAGPS followers,

Requesting thoughts on whether all three O’Kane triplets will make the firsts at Joeys, and maybe even full 1sts GPS rep.

Specifically Henry and Tom, not too sure about Matt

Br. Joseph

Reverend,

As far as I’ve been told, Henry was the only pup in the litter.

Can someone confirm?

Hammer.

thedutchoven

Chris McKivat (8)
Ahhhhhhh,

After much uncertainty we have been blessed by good fortune in NSW, and our men are allowed to get rough and dirty on the "footy field."

With the first trial match between Riverview and Shore, I was wondering if anyone knew about Shore's strength this year?
Will it be the same as previous ones, whereby they have struggled to win, or have they recovered from their rut and are beginning to rebuild.

Be sure to let me know,

Kind regards,

The Business

Morning, alias: "The Business"

Was admiring Views no. 1 this early morning when dropping the pup to school.

The fields do look pristine, I'd say the groundsmen are getting bored.

TDO.

IMG_3562.jpg

thedutchoven

Chris McKivat (8)
Ahhhhhhh,

Be sure to let me know,

Kind regards,

The Business

Salutations TB.

I happen to believe that the loss of Matthew Madgewick and Jack Faddy will hurt their rugby program.

However, Finn Hancock is apparently in form, just like many of the rowers.

Of course, i'm talking about opens.

I'll keep digging.

TDO.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
I’ll definitely be docking on the Riverview wharf to get a look at the 3rds fixture.

Rumours of Joeys 3rds preparing to press the edges to utilise kicking, clearly trying to make the best of the conditions.

Let’s hope it’s not something of a pathetic fallacious nature for these Views boys and that it’s a tight contest.

More to come,
Br. Joseph

Broseph,
I hate to rain on your parade here, so to speak, but the Riverview Vs Joeys match is scheduled for next week, when the weather is expected to be absolutely magnificent. One would think objective correlative would be in full flight for the Riverview 3rd XV outfit in this fixture, with the amount of hard work and the talent in the squad.
Although I have not witnessed the ‘view 3rds myself, I hear there are great things brewing in the cloisters of Riverview’s heritage listed sandstone learning spaces.

Goodbye for now, not forever.
TME

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Hammer, TDO giving correspondence.

Regarding the O'Kane tree and their prowess, I believe Henry is the only one.

Joker? Can you confirm?

TDO.

The O'Kanes are a wonderful family with their eldest finishing a couple of years back.
Henry is in year 12 and is the size of blue gum true.(He has grown)
He is playing number 8 this season and will enjoy the opportunity to use his size, strength, pace and even step to good use.
Here he is in 2019.

T

The Hammer

It seems that you are intent on getting a bit petty. It's a Rugby site, we are here to enjoy our selves. Not an English Grammar site, we don't mark each others posts, for the accuracy of our grammar. If you want to be a Grammar Nazi, fine, you are going to be disappointed. As we write in haste, excitement and above all in passion, about the game we love .However, you will been seen as an officious and small minded individual, on this site.

Further, if you are intent on trying to appear, to be the superior academic, that only proves you got a "Mighty Chip on your Shoulder". Please, it's Rugby site, not an emotional healing site.

As for the Newington comments, again, you fail to appreciate that Newington, does not have the Rugby depth in numbers, that Kings,Scots or even Shore will have. Newington will likely, I suspect, field only 5 teams in the open Rugby Division. In this matter they are closer to Grammar, depth wise, than the other Major Rugby Schools. If any thing, because so many of the backline are runners, Newington was more adversely affected. So my statement remains true and accurate.

On Masher, please, get real. He taught me Maths at Newington. As a Sport Master, my friends in the 1st XV didn't regard him very highly. As he failed to prepare Newington 1st XVs adequately. Particularly, in terms of fitness, match experience and team confidence. Between 1970-1980, Newington 1st XVs finished last in 1971,1973,1977 and 1980.All under Masher's presence/influence. So don't place any authority or credit, concerning the expertise of Masher. That really shows, your massively out of your depth.

Again, its Rugby site, not a cheap, nasty pissing site, to see who is the better man. I moving on from this exchange as an Adult, so should you

Regards

B&W

Here here, B&W.

We are here for our love of rugby, not to see how far we can piss.

B&W, remains correct about Newington having the bigger disadvantage in the New v Gmr fixture, for reasons he stated.

And while not very well versed in the "Masher" debacle, B&W seems to have made some factual statements about the performance of the New 1st XV under his rule.

To conclude, let's share our love for rugby and not our love for ourselves.

Hammer.

thedutchoven

Chris McKivat (8)
Broseph,
I hate to rain on your parade here, so to speak, but the Riverview Vs Joeys match is scheduled for next week, when the weather is expected to be absolutely magnificent. One would think objective correlative would be in full flight for the Riverview 3rd XV outfit in this fixture, with the amount of hard work and the talent in the squad.
Although I have not witnessed the ‘view 3rds myself, I hear there are great things brewing in the cloisters of Riverview’s heritage listed sandstone learning spaces.

Goodbye for now, not forever.
TME

Agree TME,

View 3rd XV coming off the back of a win against scots, if they bring that momentum to Joeys sure to be a cracker.

TDO.

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
The O'Kanes are a wonderful family with their eldest finishing a couple of years back.
He is playing number 8 this season and will enjoy the opportunity to use his size, strength, pace and even step to good use.
Here he is in 2019.

Gee Whiz,
I’d hate to line up against him on the paddock.
Very much looking forward to seeing what the future holds for him.

T

The Hammer

Here he is in 2019.

Joker,

Did the eldest play rugby? and if so, was he of any ability close to that of H. Okane?

Hammer.

thedutchoven

Chris McKivat (8)
Here he is in 2019.

My, My... He really did make something out of nothing there. No support as well.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Whilst my head tells me “we must better the grassroots through a combined schoolboy competition based on team ability”,

My heart is telling me “what about the tradition, what about Riverview vs Joeys”

I cannot comment on my feelings thus far, as my heart and mind are torn.

I think that long term for the betterment of the game, we must pursue a combined competition, but I’m a conservative at heart and would hate to see the abandonment of a competition that has withstood the test of time.

Hammer.

You would still have these great games in the same division!

T

The Hammer

You would still have these great games in the same division!

WLF,

Whilst this is true to an extent, but, if Riverview happens to have a weak age group or season, this could see Joeys and View in different divisions.

And historically, no matter the strength of the Riverview's team, against Joeys it always seems to be a cracker with plenty of heart, blood, sweat and tears.

My fear is that with different skill based divisions, this could see these matchups abandoned depending on the year, however this would see the rivalry potentially grow stronger and see teams working harder just to have this hallowed match-up.

Lots to think about.

Hammer.