• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

QuadeCooperFan

you're beginning to sound a lot like Rugbyboy123 from sportal....

B

baldingwingforward

Based on his performances this year, and the backrowers he kept in the New 2s

Keeping someone in the New 2s is not something to base it on. Other schools do occassionally have an embarrassment of talent and good players have to bide their time in the 2s - Kings for instance had Vilmaa who played NSW 16s the year before playing 2nds.

Who of QUALITY did New have in their 2s backrow?

R

Rugbygirl

Keeping someone in the New 2s is not something to base it on. Other schools do occassionally have an embarrassment of talent and good players have to bide their time in the 2s - Kings for instance had Vilmaa who played NSW 16s the year before playing 2nds.

Who of QUALITY did New have in their 2s backrow?

A strapping young Tongan lad by the name of Ricky [surname ??] who came to New from Tupou College in Tonga. He played a few trials in the 1s but Prior-Lees got the spot.

J

jbhi5

would like to get a couple more opinions on who was the 'player of the gps' out of curiosity

B

baldingwingforward

A strapping young Tongan lad

No change there then... He'll feel right at home with all of the other Tongan lads who just happen to turn up at Newington.

And before you say it Rugbygirl - Yes i know the King of Tonga went there (or some other BS) and that makes everything alright.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Didn't the Sydney GPS 2010 competition finish some time ago?

Even the Oz Schools 2010 thread appears to have gone to bed for the year and we wuz robbed by the Junior Darkness in the "Test" less than a month ago.

The "Richie McCaw is a Cheat", "Deans is a Useless Coach", "We all hate Uni", and "the Darkness do not deserve to win ever" threads (or words to the same general effect) all have generated less traffic than Sydney GPS 2010. Hmmmm.

I know that if the thread does not interest me, then I should not read, or post but can't you move on.

Newington won, everyone else didn't.

"The Moving Finger writes: and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
"

They are 17 and 18 year old school children we are talking about.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
No change there then... He'll feel right at home with all of the other Tongan lads who just happen to turn up at Newington.

And before you say it Rugbygirl - Yes i know the King of Tonga went there (or some other BS) and that makes everything alright.

You are remiss with your comments. Trawl back a few pages and find the post from Lindommer that explains the relationship between Newington and Tonga that goes back to Methodist missions of over 100 years ago . You cheapen the relationship and I say that as a Joeys tragic.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

I know that if the thread does not interest me, then I should not read, or post but can't you move on.

Newington won, everyone else didn't.

it seems to me its the newington fans that are keeping this thread alive the most

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

What do you mean can't move on? This thread is in a totally different board, its like going into a Japanese restaraunt and complaining about sushi.

And quoting poetry? Please. I come on here to avoid people who quote poetry. How about you get off your high horse and stop deciding what people can and can't talk about on here.

G

Gilbert

Can't have watched Pryor Lees in the 16's champs as he was out injured (played the last Riverview game with a stuffed ankle) - seems a bit ridiculous comparing a 15 year old (he didn't turn 16 til well after the season) with an 18 year old. Bear in mind that Luani has had an extra couple of years of coaching and playing at this higher level, Watch the Kings v New game again, P-L served it up to Killingsworth! Give the kid a break and another two years playing at this level and you may have to eat your words - when you have a team of talent like new did this year its easy to write off the new comers - take out the dominant ones - apo, luani etc and watch the others step up - don't think you will be disapointed next year watching these younger ones -New will def be a force again next year

C

Cando

would like to get a couple more opinions on who was the 'player of the gps' out of curiosity

The Player of the GPS was no doubt the New hooker. The school was the outright winners of the GPS comp and also the Champions. The hooker of New was also the Australian Schoolboy hooker for 2 years in a row . He is now the highest capped schoolboy in Rugby. Have watched lots of games and there are definately contenders for " player of the gps'", but would go with that call.

R

Rugbygirl

Newington actually has a formal Tongan Scholarship program. Publicly advertised in Tonga and selected by a panel which include reps from the Uniting Church. Young Ricky was the smartest 15 year old in Tonga.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
The Player of the GPS was no doubt the New hooker. The school was the outright winners of the GPS comp and also the Champions. The hooker of New was also the Australian Schoolboy hooker for 2 years in a row . He is now the highest capped schoolboy in Rugby. Have watched lots of games and there are definately contenders for " player of the gps'", but would go with that call.

I still suggest nominating the best from each school and then compare them. From New, I would nominate Roach, Luani, Roods and Apo - someone nominate one of those.

supporter

Sydney Middleton (9)
A strapping young Tongan lad by the name of Ricky [surname ??] who came to New from Tupou College in Tonga. He played a few trials in the 1s but Prior-Lees got the spot.
--------------------------

Ricky came from Tonga High School in Tonga - not Tupou College. For him to earn a spot at New 1st XV - he needs to work hard 'cause two players from 16A this year will trial with Ricky at the same position for 1st next year. Please leave Ricky to perform next year and that will speak for himself. Nothing promise yet - need to go through the trial process to secure his position. I don't know about Tongans but I'm Tongan!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.