• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Hello! They are Tongans!

Rg, I'll think you'll find their father played for Western Samoa in both the 1987 and 1991 RWCs. Or else our honour board at West Harbour's wrong.

Dt, if your tack to is to question boys of Samoan heritage attending Newington, obviously not on any sort of Tongan scholarship, well you're out of order for the Ala'alatoa two. Their parents paid full freight but not for both boys for six years; that's a big stretch for any parents. That's the only reason Allan didn't start in year 7.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Somebody has started a new thread on GPS Rugby for 2011; so this thread is now closed.

Thanks for all the good stuff.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Just got sent this

[video=youtube;aRExfxlmB0k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRExfxlmB0k[/video]

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Was at the game - one of the best matches at any level for the whole year. Joeys, a bunch of battlers in 2010, against a Kings team chock full of lads recently selected for Oz Schools. Joeys played above their ability and yours truly, who had been to Kings dozens of times, got lost on the way home just thinking about the game.

That was the high point of the Joeys year as they didn't have a lot of good cattle, but they will remember that one game for the rest of their lives. A grandfather of a current Joeys boy and his son, the father, and sitting by me, both hugged me after the game and I got a kiss from the grandmother.

Never saw them before that day - nor since.

Only in schools rugby - yet people knock it. They don't know what they don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.