• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
NSW GPS Head of the River was last Saturday, 2 April. Would you believe Grammar won the 1st VIIIs?

Every Sydney school should've had their rowers playing yesterday.

It was a policy at my time in school to rest rowers for a week or two as other sports finished earlier than them, to allow the rowers rest/build up other muscles due to a spate of injuries, so I guess it might be the case with other schools.

I would daresay the rowers and parents would appreciate at least a week's rest/break from the rigors of the season with a long football season coming up, eh?

It is unbelievable nowadays that with rowing, much more is demanded from parents seeing at least half of regattas are now in Penrith, with travelling, packing up boats etc, all for a race or two, your Saturday/Sunday is already shot for the day.

Good news about Grammar, I know...hopefully next time, it'll be View...its been since 1975...the year I started there!

B

baldingwingforward

newington fielded at best their 2nd team

TSS can't be too strong this year then... Because Newingtons 2nd XV is normally woeful! Most of the good Sydney GPS 2nd XVs put 40-50 points on New 2nds so doesn't say much for TSS

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
TSS can't be too strong this year then... Because Newingtons 2nd XV is normally woeful! Most of the good Sydney GPS 2nd XVs put 40-50 points on New 2nds so doesn't say much for TSS

That's a very uneducated comment. The most they lost by all year was 33 at the hands of the eventual premiers - Joeys.

B

baldingwingforward

That's a very uneducated comment. The most they lost by all year was 33 at the hands of the eventual premiers - Joeys.

Sorry i will regrade it to 30-40 points. The Newington 2nds 'normally' win one game a year against Grammar. If they get a couple of key injuries in their 1s there ain't a whole lot coming through.

You missed my point though Qwerty. If it really was the TSS 1st XV - who are supposed to be the powerhouse of Qld rugby, and if it was a genuine Newington 2nd XV (which it wasn't because Alan and Esra were playing and somehow i don't think they will be playing 2s) then TSS can't be all that strong.

T

Try Time

The game was late on a mid-week afternoon. TSS were at the end of a lengthy camp and for New it was the first time to lace up the boots and with 10+ players absent. It was probably useful to have a hit out but I wouldn't read anything into the result for either team.

O

oofah

GPS 1st XV for 2011? Very likely to be dominated by Newington and Kings.............. (Again)

N

NorthernSon

Hmmm,

Certainly the Newington boys backing up from last years premeirship side deserve a spot. Kings will be less dominant in selections in 2011 as their footy scholarship players will come in 2012 to GPS 1st XV calaculations.

Riverview will have a few selected with 2nd year repeating Year 12 student Michael Wells to likely appear in NSW Schools given he is annointed by the ARU NTS selectors. Lets hope he aims up this year as his elevation from GPS 3rds in 2010 to Australian schoolboys was just simply wrong based on his inability to perform in physical encounters.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Northern Sun

Don't get me going on how unfair that promotion from GPS 3s to Oz schools was. It made a complete and utter mockery of any pretension that the selection process was objective. What a joke. But everything gets sorted out eventually out of school. It just takes a bit of time for the baloney in these types of selections to be understood by Colts selectors and coaches when they finished in the sheltered workshop of school.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

New domination is likely, but Kings I'm not so sure. I don't think they'll be as strong as they were last year.

Anyone who is in the know care to list boys from this age group (1993) who finished last year? eg Chris Ingate, Clarrie Moore
Also any young guns from the 1994 age group?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
New domination is likely, but Kings I'm not so sure. I don't think they'll be as strong as they were last year.

Anyone who is in the know care to list boys from this age group (1993) who finished last year? eg Chris Ingate, Clarrie Moore
Also any young guns from the 1994 age group?

My understanding from a current year 12 King's dad is that there was only one year 11 player in their first XV last year and there were quite a number of year 12 boys in the second XV so it sounds like this year's firsts may feature a lot of last years 16As?

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Riverview were runners up in the 7's comp at Scots this year (is that right?). For those that are in the know, I take it that means they should have a pretty good backline?

Q

QuadeCooperFan

My understanding from a current year 12 King's dad is that there was only one year 11 player in their first XV last year and there were quite a number of year 12 boys in the second XV so it sounds like this year's firsts may feature a lot of last years 16As?

i reckon it will be 2 thirds year 12, 1 third year 11.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

Not sure. Kings rarely use 16s players in the opens, but if he is really good then I guess he could make it.

As for a probable 1st XV, i'll have to get back to you on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.