• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
2013 draw is out, spilt into 3 groups (1st and 2nds rugby, 3rds rugby, 1st and 2nds football). Bit all over the place and very inconvenient. For example in the last round Joeys play Scots, Riverview and High all away.

http://portals.studentnet.edu.au/sports/uploads/DocArchive/DOCARC0003646.pdf

Thanks Random for putting this up.

Only two rounds played before the GPS rep sides are chosen for their games against CAS and CHS in the last week of Term 2.

Kings away to Scots & Newington in first two rounds.

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Scots play 3 of their first 5 games away including tough games against Joeys and Newington. Shore as always will also be a big task at Northbrdge.

K

kbw

haha good sir, no need for physical harm im sure he was trying his best, all in good fun.

Wolf Out.

Most def all in good fun, Mr Wolf.

You sound like you have a new connection. I think 2014 will be interesting. I have a feeling some of the boys in the 16Bs and 16Cs this year, may have grown a little and will take up spots in the firsts and seconds that 2012 16as will not get

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
As to the GPS teams:

K = Kings (TKS - The King's School)
J = Joeys (SJC - St Joseph's College)
E = Shore (SCEGS - Sydney Church of England Grammar School))
I = Riverview (SIC - St Ignatius College)
N = Newington (NC - Newington College)
S = Scots (TSC - The Scots College)
G = Grammar (SGS - Sydney Grammar School)
H = High (SBHS - Sydney Boys High School)
A = Armidale (TAS - The Armidale School)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Touche. But I was referring to the name, not the website: the C is committee, not combined.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
And I was referring to the teams picked from the associated schools: which if have never seen or heard referred to as the committee of associated schools.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'll make it clear for you, IS: the group of schools under the CAS banner in Sydney (Aloys, Barker, Cranbrook, Knox, Trinity & Waverley) are the Associated Schools of New South Wales. The C is for committee, not combined. A rushed reply by me to your original note on this subject came up with the other group of Associated Schools' website, here's the correct one: http://www.cas.nsw.edu.au/ A careful reading of the association's website will reveal the word "committee", not "combined". In all formal correspondence from this group they refer to themselves as the "Associated Schools", never "Combined Associated Schools". The combined moniker has always been added by others.

My original point was to highlight the common misunderstanding about these three names, not to embarrass or to bag you. Rugby Mum asked for the names of these groups, it'd be best if she got the correct ones.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'll make it clear for you, IS: the group of schools under the CAS banner in Sydney (Aloys, Barker, Cranbrook, Knox, Trinity & Waverley) are the Associated Schools of New South Wales. The C is for committee, not combined. A rushed reply by me to your original note on this subject came up with the other group of Associated Schools' website, here's the correct one: http://www.cas.nsw.edu.au/ A careful reading of the association's website will reveal the word "committee", not "combined". In all formal correspondence from this group they refer to themselves as the "Associated Schools", never "Combined Associated Schools". The combined moniker has always been added by others.

My original point was to highlight the common misunderstanding about these three names, not to embarrass or to bag you. Rugby Mum asked for the names of these groups, it'd be best if she got the correct ones.

Your missionary work to set the world straight should not be confined to Rugby Net or me - it will have to extend to the member schools: http://www.knox.nsw.edu.au/latest-news/cas-athletics-carnival

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Lindommmer - face the truth - just like SHORE - CAS will ultimatley change their name to suit what the masses think they should be called - SCEGS just never caught on, just like Committee of Associated Schools has never caught on.

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
Heard over Xmas that Newington's firsts and seconds start their formal training in about 2 weeks. Now that's very keen!!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
If correct, that is ludicrous.
That would be a longer pre season than any professional side.
The only team in the world in any sport that has a pre season that lasts twice as long as their season.

K

kbw

Heard over Xmas that Newington's firsts and seconds start their formal training in about 2 weeks. Now that's very keen!!

I think its just "opens" training sessions, not full on for only the firsts and seconds

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)

yesss you would be right, some of them have been training throughout the summer e.g. the rowers, cricketers and bballers that will be playing the 1sts and 2nds and are currently playing in their own summer sport respective 1st and 2nd teams. The other boys not in these teams have been put on strength programs for the holidays and then obviously starting their pre, pre season training in 2 weeks.

This year will be a big year for new, training will be hard, the pressure will be on as they are defending champions and premiers of the GPS and now have to worry about 150 years of the 'big 4's' dominance hopefully coming to an end and setting up a different era of GPS rugby and hopefully turning into the 'big 6' and turning into one of the hardest and greatest schoolboy competitions in Australia, if not the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.