• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
What about Matt Crafts - he used to be in the JGS? Also Aidan Brown and Matt McKinley are pretty handy players

Yes you are right about these boys. I didn't see much of Craft last year, was he injured? I can see Aidan Brown up in the front row alongside Tom Cleaver. As he was in the 16As last year it will be interesting to see how he matches up against the more experienced props like Sandell from Joeys, Bateman from Kings and Streeter at Shore. It will be a big challenge to him but I think he will be up to it.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
GPS teams anyone ? Only certainties for me are Sandell, Kellaway and Milne. Every other spot is up for grabs at this stage but i expect these three to feature.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
GPS teams anyone ? Only certainties for me are Sandell, Kellaway and Milne. Every other spot is up for grabs at this stage but i expect these three to feature.

Jack McCalman (Aus A 2012 + Aus Youth Sevens 2013), Cory Tulloch (NSW Schools 2012) & Will Davies (NSW Schools 2012)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Jack McCalman (Aus A 2012 + Aus Youth Sevens 2013), Cory Tulloch (NSW Schools 2012) & Will Davies (NSW Schools 2012)

How did Jack go in the Youth Olympics?

La Jarse saw his interview on the Telly and was impressed with his poise and maturity.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
How did Jack go in the Youth Olympics?

La Jarse saw his interview on the Telly and was impressed with his poise and maturity.

He went very well displaying his usual total commitment to everything. He was named VC of the team and lead by example - he'll captain King's 1st XV and I'd be surprised if he doesn't hold the same position in the GPS and NSW Schools 1's.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
He went very well displaying his usual total commitment to everything. He was named VC of the team and lead by example - he'll captain King's 1st XV and I'd be surprised if he doesn't hold the same position in the GPS and NSW Schools 1's.

He'll have to compete with Matt Sandell for that

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)

Potential GPS 1sts - I think Sandell, McCalman, Crichton, Tulloch, Moeroa and Kellaway are all certainties:
  1. Doug Streeter (Shore)/Lucas Bateman (Kings)/Nathan Kelly (Riverview)
  2. Sam Cater (Shore)/Evan Pritchard (Riverview)
  3. Matt Sandell (Joeys)* (c)
  4. Lachlan Cannell (Newington)/Jono Hardy (Joeys)
  5. Paddy O”Brien (Joeys)/Toby Rudolph (Scots)
  6. Jim Woodhill (Shore)/David Morris (Newington)/Hamish Murray (Scots)
  7. Jack McCalman* (Kings)
  8. Angus Crichton* (Scots)
  9. Pat Curtain (Joeys)/Joey Lussick (Newington)/Rory Davis (Kings)
  10. Andrew Deegan (Joeys)/Corey Tulloch* (Kings)/Ben Starkey (Scots)
  11. Taan Milne (Newington)/Will Davies (Kings)
  12. Corey Tulloch* (Kings)/Ellis Abraham (Newington)
  13. Tepai Moeroa* (Newington)
  14. Sam Mete (Riverview)/Andrew Kellaway* (Scots)
  15. Andrew Kellaway* (Scots)/ Nick Clancy (Shore)

gpsoldboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Potential GPS 1sts - I think Sandell, McCalman, Crichton, Tulloch, Moeroa and Kellaway are all certainties:

Some others who might be potential candidates are:

4/5. Angus Cooke [Shore] + Ben Stacey [Kings] + Ned Hanigan [Joeys]
6. Olly Camp [Scots] + George Prassas [New]
8. Anthony Vassillis [New]
11. Lattrell Robinson [Joeys]

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
He'll have to compete with Matt Sandell for that
Random and CTPE, are we forgetting the flyer with the huge boot and the tinge of ginge? A Kellaway... The thinking mans player. A fine young man,as are Matty and Jack, but I feel with him standing at the back, directing and orchestrating that he would be my first choice as skipper of GPS/NSW/Aus Schools

AND
My predictions for Season 13.
1 Newington
2 SJC and TKS tied
4 Scots
5 Shore
6 And unfortunately View last.
This will be due to the tremendous amount of injuries suffered throughout the year and SJC/ TKS have the cattle in the lower grades to supplement. Newington will just buy a couple more(THIS IS A BAD ATTEMPT at HUMOUR)
My player(s) to watch this year will be
Lachlan Cannell NC- he will be the best player for them this year. Great in the air and massive meat and taters work.
Ned Hanigan SJC - Got a taste last year and definitely wants more these two men will form GPS 1's second row
Jack McCalman TKS - He will take on Olly Kamp in the battle of the fetchers coming out slightly in front. This will be one of the clashes of the season.
Olly Kamp TSC - as above
Andy Kellaway - as above and will do it with grace and humility.

This is just my opinion for what it is worth. There are many more who will entertain us all this year. Good luck and pray that they all come through fit and healthy.

TruBluAussieBattla

Frank Nicholson (4)
Despite relegation to the GPS thirds division, 2013 will prove to be a very interesting year for Grammar Rugby. Both the headmaster and sports master are reportedly outraged at this demotion, and have apparently looked to schools in both Samoa and Namibia for up and coming talent to bolster their ranks. Rumours have it that a scout has also been sent to access potential Grammar newcomers from college football in the USA. One of the new 'scholarship boys' who has been confirmed and is due to arrive in Sydney in the next few days is a younger sibling in the Tuilagi family, of international rugby fame for England and Samoa. I have heard directly from a boy in last years 1's that gym programs have been compulsory since term 4 last year, as well as three class rooms being demolished to make room for gym improvements in the already cramped inner city school. One can only feel sorry for the rest of the boys in the GPS thirds competition as Grammar seem to have taken the steps required to become a dominant force even at the highest level of GPS rugby.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Despite relegation to the GPS thirds division, 2013 will prove to be a very interesting year for Grammar Rugby. Both the headmaster and sports master are reportedly outraged at this demotion, and have apparently looked to schools in both Samoa and Namibia for up and coming talent to bolster their ranks. Rumours have it that a scout has also been sent to access potential Grammar newcomers from college football in the USA. One of the new 'scholarship boys' who has been confirmed and is due to arrive in Sydney in the next few days is a younger sibling in the Tuilagi family, of international rugby fame for England and Samoa. I have heard directly from a boy in last years 1's that gym programs have been compulsory since term 4 last year, as well as three class rooms being demolished to make room for gym improvements in the already cramped inner city school. One can only feel sorry for the rest of the boys in the GPS thirds competition as Grammar seem to have taken the steps required to become a dominant force even at the highest level of GPS rugby.

Joeys will still probably win it

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

"outraged" in what sense?

TruBluAussieBattla

Frank Nicholson (4)
That years of GPS tradition have been forgotten. The demotion of Grammar also coincided with the sports master holidaying to Samoa, where he saw a huge untapped resource in the school children there. Demotion to the Thirds competition was enough to finally push Grammar into sporting scholarships. Namibian prop Quinton Burger, cousin of current national caption Jacques, will be a force to be reckoned with this season.

GPS Watchdog

Frank Row (1)
As a grammar parent, I can confirm most of what trublu is saying, however I was not aware of the Namibian import! I can confirm, however, that the younger tuilagi, Puleleiite, arrived in Sydney a couple of days ago, as my son was apart of the welcoming party Grammar sent to greet him. From all reports, the big lad appears to be stretching 16 years old to the extreme, with the facial hair and 117kg frame making him appear as a lad who has just reached his physical peak during a super rugby career, rather than a boy halfway through his schooling life. Living with Wayne Adams, the on-campus PDHPE teacher, should prove invaluable to him, as it provides him with round-the-clock access to the school's improved gym facilities.

TruBluAussieBattla

Frank Nicholson (4)
As a grammar parent, I can confirm most of what trublu is saying, however I was not aware of the Namibian import! I can confirm, however, that the younger tuilagi, Puleleiite, arrived in Sydney a couple of days ago, as my son was apart of the welcoming party Grammar sent to greet him. From all reports, the big lad appears to be stretching 16 years old to the extreme, with the facial hair and 117kg frame making him appear as a lad who has just reached his physical peak during a super rugby career, rather than a boy halfway through his schooling life. Living with Wayne Adams, the on-campus PDHPE teacher, should prove invaluable to him, as it provides him with round-the-clock access to the school's improved gym facilities.
Was not aware he had arrived already, thanks very much for the update.
I look forward to seeing him in action this season in the backline!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member

Was not aware he had arrived already, thanks very much for the update.
I look forward to seeing him in action this season in the backline!
Seems you're at the same address. I'm surprised you didn't just talk to each other instead of pretending to post it here.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Paddogreen

Herbert Moran (7)

Does the new competition set-up mean that no Grammar or High boy can be picked for GPS representative honours? if good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.