• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Scots 17-13 over view view scored first 3-0 then two tries to Scots to go in 10-3 View hit back with penalty then converted try to go 13-10 up but Scots found a way again with that man Crighton scoring and converting from in front to go up 17-13. View never gave up and went o so close on numerous occasions with Jack Mcgregor almost taking the game with a super break to almost score in the corner before Porter got him with inches to spare. Scots defence won this one in pretty awful conditions and there was plenty of feeling from both sides. Good to see both sides congratulating each other after the game with smiles on their faces in front of a bumper crowd of well behaved spectators. Well done to both sides and to everyone that turned up...good day.

Ben Dover

Frank Nicholson (4)
I wi
Scots 17-13 over view view scored first 3-0 then two tries to Scots to go in 10-3 View hit back with penalty then converted try to go 13-10 up but Scots found a way again with that man Crighton scoring and converting from in front to go up 17-13. View never gave up and went o so close on numerous occasions with Jack Mcgregor almost taking the game with a super break to almost score in the corner before Porter got him with inches to spare. Scots defence won this one in pretty awful conditions and there was plenty of feeling from both sides. Good to see both sides congratulating each other after the game with smiles on their faces in front of a bumper crowd of well behaved spectators. Well done to both sides and to everyone that turned up.good day.
I thought it was pretty poor how the scots crowd went on at views line out time just in my opinion. There's rugby banter of course but abit far in my opinion

Colin Windon

Herbert Moran (7)
Great day down at the White Oval which held up well after 7or so games on the day. Kings got up in the 16a's 35-0 which flattered the hosts. Shore had the territorial advantage for most of the first half apart from a break out try at the start of the game and a try just on half time for Kings setting up a half time lead. Kings closed it out in the second half with a number of good tries to crown a strong season. Kings deserved the victory but the score doesn't really reflect the Shore effort.​
in the competition deciding 2nd's Kings won a rousing but hard fought game 19-7. The home team used its strong forward pack to gain the upper hand in a very competitive game. Great scenes at end of the game with the Kings students flooding onto the field to congratulate the 2's success.​
The 1st XV clash was another close fought win to Kings 29-22. The game was always in the balance with 15 for Kings dangerous in attack and 13 for Shore absolutely outstanding. It was a forwards affair for much of the game in slippery conditions. A tough season for the Kings boys but great to end the season with a victory.​
A big contingent from Shore where in attendance which made for a big crowd with interesting banter between the well behave students of both schools with chants, drumming and dancing in the stands.​
All in all a good day played in good spirit. Congratulations to Shore on a very competitive season.​

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
SGS 21
SBHS 5
Grammar played out the championship minutes by scoring two tries.
First premiership in any rugby grade since 1970.
A M Mackerras would be rolling in his grave - but he probably got a big shock when he learned that rugby is the game they play in heaven.

Well done Grammar.:)

Ben Dover

Frank Nicholson (4)
good try you'll note that view boys did the same as do the crowds at most games... keep it positive or don't turn up..
Turn it up.. I stated it was my opinion, bad sports no matter who does it. My appologies on missing view do it.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Scots 17-13 over view view scored first 3-0 then two tries to Scots to go in 10-3 View hit back with penalty then converted try to go 13-10 up but Scots found a way again with that man Crighton scoring and converting from in front to go up 17-13. View never gave up and went o so close on numerous occasions with Jack Mcgregor almost taking the game with a super break to almost score in the corner before Porter got him with inches to spare. Scots defence won this one in pretty awful conditions and there was plenty of feeling from both sides. Good to see both sides congratulating each other after the game with smiles on their faces in front of a bumper crowd of well behaved spectators. Well done to both sides and to everyone that turned up.good day.

Well done to the boys from Scots. They've won in all conditions, they've come from behind, they've defended leads and they've gone through undefeated.

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
Joeys were impressive today in all opens that I saw against New. The difference especially in the backs. It all seemed to click for them in the games from midday onwards, well done. A nice tribute to the Joeys Dr retiring after 32 years.

As a New parent today it was highlighted how poorly the New backs are coached. There are some terrific players through all the open grades. Even though it gets better as you move to the firsts, there is just no structure, most of the kids don't run lines and there are very few moves.
I started thinking this when I was watching the firsts last year and, in my opinion they used Taane and Tepai quite poorly considering their ability.

Any way its all over, for good for some. Good luck to all the boys doing HSC and IB

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yeah,seemed to me that the only thing their backs were coached were breakdown skills.
You can't coach what you don't know.
He is the only bloke in the world to recruit close to an entire 1st XV and neglect to pick up a 10 amongst them.

RUGBYGIRL11

Peter Burge (5)
You can only coach the cattle you've got
Gill and Wilson have the runs on the board at all levels
New weren't the best team this year but they still had a good season with their best player missing for most of the season
Your comments give no credit to a very good Joeys backline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Great day for Joeys winning all opens games. Congratulations to Scots and Kings for their wins in the top two grades.

Can anyone finish off this 1st-3rd list for the season:

1sts
Scots
View
Joeys

2nds
Kings
Joeys
Shore

3rds
Grammar, TAS, Scots

16As
Newington
Kings
Joeys

15As
Joeys
View
Shore

14As
Kings?
Joeys
?

13As
Joeys
View
?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Good info random2 ... To me confirms that gps rugby is alive and well

Joeys remains the powerhouse, kings despite the closure of boarding houses remains very competitive, riverview was unlucky not to upset in ones, and has some strong age groups, scots are stronger in 14s and 15s then results suggest and Blackburn needs to be credited as an excellent coach and big part of successful year.

Newington would easily be best in 14s if it wasn't for kids playing up and again some strong age groups ... And 16s bodes well for next year

shore hanging in there ... Grammar , tas and high , not going away

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
However the team to beat in 2015 is going to be joeys ... I was skeptical as to their new coaches, but they have turned their season around, and based on today's performance they are going to have an awesome backline ... With o'shea being the big hole to plug

King and wright to be lethal in 2015

Also great to see newington's fifita back on deck ... A lot of strapping, but played well along with serhon and others

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
However the team to beat in 2015 is going to be joeys . I was skeptical as to their new coaches, but they have turned their season around, and based on today's performance they are going to have an awesome backline . With o'shea being the big hole to plug

King and wright to be lethal in 2015

Also great to see newington's fifita back on deck . A lot of strapping, but played well along with serhon and others

If you happened to catch the seconds game you would have seen Max Taylor shine at 10, if he puts on a bit of bulk he will be a force next year in what I agree should be a super backline

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
Scots will be a powerhouse next year with so many returning, Woods, Smith, Girdler, Striang, England, the other centre, Privindelle, they'll be up there with the likes of Joeys and Riverview will also have numerous boys returning, Hancock, Terry, Pirina, Mcgregor, Hurley, Archer, I think it is very safe to say GPS Rugby is alive and has been all year and will be for decades to come.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Great day for Joeys winning all opens games. Congratulations to Scots and Kings for their wins in the top two grades.

Can anyone finish off this 1st-3rd list for the season:

1sts
Scots
View
Joeys

2nds
Kings
Joeys
Shore

3rds
Grammar, TAS, Scots

16As
Newington
Kings
Joeys

15As
Joeys
View
Shore

14As
Kings?
Joeys
?

13As
Joeys
View
?

13As
Joeys
View/Scots

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Not at Hunters Hill.
sorry Lee its a tactic used in Rugby through out the world so that the thrower can't hear the call but if Joeys don't use it and if a 1st time GAGR user is allowed to use this as a way to bring you into this to denigrate a great game and a great day of rugby then I guess I'll just leave this thread as well....

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
You can only coach the cattle you've got
Gill and Wilson have the runs on the board at all levels
New weren't the best team this year but they still had a good season with their best player missing for most of the season
Your comments give no credit to a very good Joeys backline

On the contrary, the very good Joeys back lines in the last 4 fixtures were a feature of the day and I seem to recall mentioning their backline.

I know the cattle at New quite well and know they are capable of so much better. I have several aging relatives that could have coached New teams to GPS premierships with the teams that New won them in the last few years. Gill may do a great job with the forwards, but hasn't a clue when it comes to creating a good back line. Very overrated coach in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.