• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby pro

Bob McCowan (2)
Kings will have a strong nine this year with there Import from brisbane coming down for his final year of school. Danny fletcher is the name.

import1er

Frank Row (1)
Kings will have a strong nine this year with there Import from brisbane coming down for his final year of school. Danny fletcher is the name.
It will very interesting to see how kings pull up in 2014. Have heard many big things about Danny Fletcher and he will be a great asset to the team. I'm tipping them to come out on top.

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Riverview have a fair few returning from the 1's, off the top of my head: Bill Freeman, Hosea Fotukava, Jack Bowditch, Beau Petterson, Jack McGregor, Henry Hutchinson, Connor Menzies back. Also off the top of my head a whole hep of talented rugby players will be back as well from 2nds, 3rds, sorry for inaccuracy but: Conor Hurley, Alex Hancock, Joe Stageman, Evan Pritchard, Jake Meincke, Elijah Williams, Marwin Jansen, Albert De Bruyn, Dan Kilpatrick, Jack Hayson, Louis Anderson, Louis Hugh-Jones, could be more.
I think they will be quite strong in 1sts and 2nds, but their 16's age group is quite week, the probably won't have the depth to field a strong 3rds. In addition I am not sure that their 15's has anyone good enough to make it in year 10.
Shore will also be very strong, they have generally been the team that challenged Riverview the most in this age group (ignoring last year where view's 16A's were trounced nearly weekly), so I would say it will be between Shore and View.
Joeys are always good, and this year is no exception they have a good side, I am sure they will also be up there.
Scots will also have a top side, they have so much strength in every age group at the top these days it is hard for them not to produce a good side.
Kings will also be competitive they were the form side last year.
Looks to be a tough competition in general, perhaps has competitive as this year's.
Can't wait.

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)
What has happened to Kings recently? I know that every school will have a bad season occasionally like Riverview last year but Kings seem to be sliding ever since their much anticipated 2008 team which tied the premiership with Riverview.... I realise other schools have improved immensely due to a variety of reasons but Kings are not producing the consistent strong teams.

tight hamstring

Frank Nicholson (4)
Riverview have a fair few returning from the 1's, off the top of my head: Bill Freeman, Hosea Fotukava, Jack Bowditch, Beau Petterson, Jack McGregor, Henry Hutchinson, Connor Menzies back. Also off the top of my head a whole hep of talented rugby players will be back as well from 2nds, 3rds, sorry for inaccuracy but: Conor Hurley, Alex Hancock, Joe Stageman, Evan Pritchard, Jake Meincke, Elijah Williams, Marwin Jansen, Albert De Bruyn, Dan Kilpatrick, Jack Hayson, Louis Anderson, Louis Hugh-Jones, could be more.
I think they will be quite strong in 1sts and 2nds, but their 16's age group is quite week, the probably won't have the depth to field a strong 3rds. In addition I am not sure that their 15's has anyone good enough to make it in year 10.
Shore will also be very strong, they have generally been the team that challenged Riverview the most in this age group (ignoring last year where view's 16A's were trounced nearly weekly), so I would say it will be between Shore and View.
Joeys are always good, and this year is no exception they have a good side, I am sure they will also be up there.
Scots will also have a top side, they have so much strength in every age group at the top these days it is hard for them not to produce a good side.
Kings will also be competitive they were the form side last year.
Looks to be a tough competition in general, perhaps has competitive as this year's.
Can't wait.
Current View 16s not strong but 15s very strong . Last year Won 14a and b ( one loss first game for each to Joeys ) and undefeated in GPS in c,
d,e,f,g,h . Not shabby .

B

ben wal

View, Shore and Joeys the main contenders for me with View at number 1. Many returning players such as freeman, bowditch, hosea, reneker, hayson, menzies etc. as well as several from the 2nds and 3rds. Shore will be dangerous but losing the Clancys will hurt. Joeys will be strong as always and Scots will go alright. Little to no contest from Kings and New

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
What has happened to Kings recently? I know that every school will have a bad season occasionally like Riverview last year but Kings seem to be sliding ever since their much anticipated 2008 team which tied the premiership with Riverview.. I realise other schools have improved immensely due to a variety of reasons but Kings are not producing the consistent strong teams.
They won the Premiership in 2009 as well and were runners up in 2010. In fact they've won 7 of the last 15 premierships.

Gossip Girl

Bob McCowan (2)
Gossip girl has heard whispers that Riverview will be stronger than most think, retaining a lot of people in year 11/12 from "socials volleyball" with many 1st XV contenders coming back to Gossip Girl's favourite sport: rugby.
You know you love me
xoxo
Gossip Girl

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Scots will again be the team to beat, will be defending premiers and 16'a side beat scots 2nd 15 this year, third 15 very strong as well, great depth under Marcus Blackburn ...... Joeys will be strong challengers.....

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The 3rd XV vs TAS, Grammar and High seems to have been a very worthwhile experiment, as has the two rounds concept. I'd like to see that continue.

More games for the GPS rep team, especially GPS III would be useful but that is for another thread.

mark sanchez

Frank Row (1)
Scots hasn't been mentioned much in this thread as title contenders which I think is quite surprising considering the strength of their 16's side as well as some players in their opens at the moment in year 11.
As well, if this is true about kings snatching a halfback from QLD that will add even more depth in that position as they have a good 9 in the seconds as well as a NSW representative in the 16's? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Kings were the benchmark of the competition in the 16's in 2012 and may come through when they hit their final year.
However, Joeys look decent with players such as Canturi and Mcdonell. I have also heard their fullback Cohen will be calling quits on rugby because of interests in Athletics.
But the favourites are said to be Riverview, mind you injuries to some players could cause havoc for them as they don't seem to have a strong bunch of 16's players at the moment who would be the core of their 2nd XV.
Newington will be weak as they always have been through this age group as well as my Shore boys are going to struggle with the loss of the twins. (At least we can win the HOTR!)

Predictions so far -
1. View/Kings/Scots
4. Joeys
5. Shore (sadly)
6. Newington

Sanch.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Scots hasn't been mentioned much in this thread as title contenders which I think is quite surprising considering the strength of their 16's side as well as some players in their opens at the moment in year 11.
As well, if this is true about kings snatching a halfback from QLD that will add even more depth in that position as they have a good 9 in the seconds as well as a NSW representative in the 16's? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Kings were the benchmark of the competition in the 16's in 2012 and may come through when they hit their final year.
However, Joeys look decent with players such as Canturi and Mcdonell. I have also heard their fullback Cohen will be calling quits on rugby because of interests in Athletics.
But the favourites are said to be Riverview, mind you injuries to some players could cause havoc for them as they don't seem to have a strong bunch of 16's players at the moment who would be the core of their 2nd XV.
Newington will be weak as they always have been through this age group as well as my Shore boys are going to struggle with the loss of the twins. (At least we can win the HOTR!)

Predictions so far -
1. View/Kings/Scots
4. Joeys
5. Shore (sadly)
6. Newington

Sanch.

Given Scots 16A's were undefeated in 2012, I'm intrigued as to how Kings were the benchmark of the comp. Kings 2011 16A's were undefeated but the lack of success of Kings 1st's this year shows that is not necessarily a precursor to success in opens

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Don't agree with the above post placing Kings as one of the favourites. Riverview will undoubtably and deservedly go in as overwhelming favourites but both Joeys and Scots have been their fiercest rivals throughout this age group. The two schools have also been dominate in the 16s with Joeys winning the comp from 13s and currently alone at the top of the table and Scots coming out of nowhere this year with a host of late starters boosting the side. Sadly Shore will struggle without the Clancy twins.

2014 predictions
1. Riverview
2. Joeys
3. Scots
4. Shore
5. Kings
6. Newington

thefencesitter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree with random2 Joeys and View have been fighting it out in that age group since the dawn of time, up until the 16's Riverview had only lost 1 game since year 5!.

2014 Predictions
1. Riverview - 10 returning from 2013 First XV. Like Shore however, will be missing key players in Whiteley and Molloy who are young for year 12.

2. Joeys - Very strong 16A side at the moment will see many players slot into the firsts, as well as a strong year 11 side. Could very well win

3. Scots - Quite a weak 2013 Year 11 side apart from standouts Crichton (and Porter?) but will have many current 16's ready to fill the void. Will turn out like the current View side, predominantly made up of younger players lacking the experience to win a title.

4. Shore - Has experienced returning players (Woodhill, Dowsett, Emery, Connolly, Olver) although carry on the tradition of a small side and will struggle against bigger opponents. Could easily end up anywhere between 2nd and 5th

4. Kings - Always had quite a strong side, although doesn't seem to me to be premiership material - will offer some tough matches.

6. Newington - not a current threat, although instinct tells me the King of Tonga might have some more children in need of a quality education

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
3. Scots - Quite a weak 2013 Year 11 side apart from standouts Crichton (and Porter?) but will have many current 16's ready to fill the void. Will turn out like the current View side, predominantly made up of younger players lacking the experience to win a title.

I really like the look of Maddox at 10 - dare I say Larkhamesque on my reasonably brief viewing of him

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)

Predictions so far -
1. View/Kings/Scots
4. Joeys
5. Shore (sadly)
6. Newington

Sanch.

Last year New 16 a's got a win and a draw against Shore, plus multiple current under 16s are playing opens (Sepesa, Kennewell, two Atiolas, Campbell Clifford) and a strong under 15s age group, I don't think New will be as bad next year as many predicted back when this year was in the under 13's. I don't see them contesting or coming close to View/Kings/Scots/Joeys but I think it will be a battle for 5th place between New and Shore

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
Don't agree with the above post placing Kings as one of the favourites. Riverview will undoubtably and deservedly go in as overwhelming favourites but both Joeys and Scots have been their fiercest rivals throughout this age group. The two schools have also been dominate in the 16s with Joeys winning the comp from 13s and currently alone at the top of the table and Scots coming out of nowhere this year with a host of late starters boosting the side. Sadly Shore will struggle without the Clancy twins.

2014 predictions
1. Riverview
2. Joeys
3. Scots
4. Shore
5. Kings
6. Newington

Don't see Shore above Kings, although they have struggled this year, many are returning and I would say atleast 4th

footychixbeers

Stan Wickham (3)
Will have a go at the Riverview lineup for next year:

1. Dan Kilpatrick - 2nds 2013
2. Hosea Fotukava - 1sts 2012/13, AUS A 2013
3. Evan Pritchard - 2nds 2012, 1sts 2013
4. Beau Pederson - 2nds 2012, 1sts 2013
5. Jack Bowditch - 2nds 2012, 1sts 2013, GPS 3rds 2013
6. Jack Hayson - 1sts 2013
7. Conor Menzies - 2nds 2012, 1sts 2013, GPS 3rds 2013
8. Alex Hancock - 2nds 2013
9. Dan Rorke - 1sts 2013