• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'll chuck out a predicted Joeys XV for 2014:
1. Jake Finnane (2nds/16A)
2. Patrick O'Doherty (2nds)
3. Marcus Cutler (2nds)
4. Koim Wingti (1sts)
5. Nathan Gitteos (16A)
6. Will O'Connell (16A)
7. Josh Canturi (1sts/2nds)
8. Max Knight (2nds)
9. Banjo Travers/Matt Rodgers (16A/3rd)
10. Connor O'Shea (2nds)
11. Ronald Streeter-Mason (16A)
12. Willo McDonnell (1sts)
13. Tim McCutcheon (1sts)
14. Tom Wright (2nds)
15. Will Fell (3rds)

In total that's 4 from 1sts, 6 for 2nds 4 from 16As and 1 from 3s. The forward pack is very very strong and the backs are solid. Joeys will probably be second favourites behind View with two strong age groups in opens next year. Joeys will be aided by there superior depth with many players easily replaceable with what will be a very strong 2s side next year.

Red October

Frank Row (1)
Kings likely to be a very strong contender in 2014 with all of their forwards coming back with the exception of Mcalman and Stacey, young forward pack has also acquitted themselves well in this years comp with vulnerability being out wide in 2013.

thefencesitter

Allen Oxlade (6)
3. Marcus Cutler (2nds)
4. Koim Wingti (1sts)
5. Nathan Gitteos (16A)
6. Will O'Connell (16A)
8. Max Knight (2nds)
10. Connor O'Shea (2nds)
14. Tom Wright (2nds)
15. Will Fell (3rds)

Would not be surprised to see Wingti or McDonnell in GPS 1'st next year! Although McDonnell's crash-ball-intimidation running style may prove costly as it did on the weekend. He's no Tepai or Tanne. Tom Wright also a strong player!

donj

Allen Oxlade (6)
3. Marcus Cutler (2nds)
4. Koim Wingti (1sts)
5. Nathan Gitteos (16A)
6. Will O'Connell (16A)
8. Max Knight (2nds)
10. Connor O'Shea (2nds)
14. Tom Wright (2nds)
15. Will Fell (3rds)

In total that's 4 from 1sts, 6 for 2nds 4 from 16As and 1 from 3s. The forward pack is very very strong and the backs are solid. Joeys will probably be second favourites behind View with two strong age groups in opens next year. Joeys will be aided by there superior depth with many players easily replaceable with what will be a very strong 2s side next year.

donj

Allen Oxlade (6)
The forwards are about right but backs no. Curtin the joeys 16b halfbacks is better than either travers or Rodgers and only needs a chance to prove it. King from 16a would be at fullback instead of fell and grant is a far superior player to streater mason much quicker, more durable, tougher scores more tries than any other in 16s.

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
The forwards are about right but backs no. Curtin the joeys 16b halfbacks is better than either travers or Rodgers and only needs a chance to prove it. King from 16a would be at fullback instead of fell and grant is a far superior player to streater mason much quicker, more durable, tougher scores more tries than any other in 16s.

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
Agree about king and grant. I've never been a fan of streeter mason very average IMHO. I think half back will be joeys weak point. I'd also throw in lachie Simpson from 16a for a spot in the forwards.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
King is the only player mentioned who is pushing for a 1s spot, highly unlikely that well see either Grant or Curtain in either 1s or 2s next year.

F

fireball

These things will be sorted out by the players and how they perform especially ad it is a year away. but I'm with the two earlier posts on grant I've seen the 16s games each week and time and again he breaks the line and is surely their top try scorer. He is easily the quickest to suggest he wouldn't be in 1s or 2s sounds like someone running an agenda to me. King would certainly be there in one of the top sides as would wright and psaltis. Either way joeys top two sides should be very strong.

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
These things will be sorted out by the players and how they perform especially ad it is a year away. but I'm with the two earlier posts on grant I've seen the 16s games each week and time and again he breaks the line and is surely their top try scorer. He is easily the quickest to suggest he wouldn't be in 1s or 2s sounds like someone running an agenda to me. King would certainly be there in one of the top sides as would wright and psaltis. Either way joeys top two sides should be very strong.

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
Don't want to make this about one player because there are others deserving mention but it is amazing what some people see when they watch rugby d grant is exciting and fast and gets the ball over the line constantly end of story. Scots apparently offered him a scholarship to tempt him across so others see the ability. Anyway time to move on

Jerusalem

Stan Wickham (3)
The 3rd XV vs TAS, Grammar and High seems to have been a very worthwhile experiment, as has the two rounds concept. I'd like to see that continue.

More games for the GPS rep team, especially GPS III would be useful but that is for another thread.
Completley disagree. The new gps format has been all over the shop in terms of who's playing who and who's playing where. Hopefully they can find an option that suits everyone but at the moment i think Grammar, high and tas need to look for other options

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Completely disagree. The new gps format has been all over the shop in terms of who's playing who and who's playing where. Hopefully they can find an option that suits everyone but at the moment i think Grammar, high and tas need to look for other options

wont be the GPS then, will it? and if you're going to ditch that little bit of history why not do what is being cried out for - amalgamate and divisionalise as old fella suggested.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Completley disagree. The new gps format has been all over the shop in terms of who's playing who and who's playing where. Hopefully they can find an option that suits everyone but at the moment i think Grammar, high and tas need to look for other options

Disagree. From a Scots perspective, the 3rds will have played 7 from 9 games at the same venue as 1sts by the end of the season. I don't have a problem with that and I'm sure other schools would be similar. Travelling to TAS probably poses a few issues, but that's the price you have to pay and it's only every second year.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Disagree. From a Scots perspective, the 3rds will have played 7 from 9 games at the same venue as 1sts by the end of the season. I don't have a problem with that and I'm sure other schools would be similar. Travelling to TAS probably poses a few issues, but that's the price you have to pay and it's only every second year.

That would be more than they would play under the old format.
The TAS trip used to be great even for 1st and 2nd XVs.
I am obviously biased but i think it gives the 3rds a chance to shine: the Shore captain was asked to speak at the Grammar afternoon tea last week - did a good job too!

Status
Not open for further replies.