• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
As far as i know all these are year 11 or year 10 that have played some 1st XV in 2015 - or are year 12's on pathways.

Shore: Rixon, Gregory, Suttor, Allen, Haskins, Edwards, Sinclair, Sheahan, Baveystock.

Newington: Serhon, Simmonson, Taukamo, Kuenzle, Helu, Gilfedder, Poidevin, Lawson, McKay, Duvall.

Joeys: Jaffer-Williams, Barnes, Holley, Wilkinson

Scots: Todd, Crawford, Miller, Greene, Shannon,

Kings: Pietsch, Skelly, Lombardi, Lynch, Kim, N.Brown, Peditt, C.Ryan, M.Orpen, Miller, Mann.

Riverview: Terry, Cutler, C.Rorke, D.Rorke, Scott, Fenn, Lenehan, Pirina, Nona, Smeallie & Noonan* (*question over age eligibility).

Grammar: Sheldon, Smith

Riverview: Terry, Cutler, C.Rorke, Scott, Fenn, Lenehan, Pirina, Nona, Smeallie & Noonan* (*question over age eligibility).

Take out D.Rorke from the Riverview list (yr12)

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well last week end of school footy for me this weekend after 6 years of great fun.So next year i will be "Colting" somewhere , we are obviously waiting for the massive offers to come in from rival clubs ,to make a decision.
At this stage 1 can of free beer after the game looks a winner in our camp.At least we will have a beer post game instead of tea and scones with all the "Doctors"heading up the schools... i thought they ran hospitals .
However i have enjoyed the banter on G&G this year,so many great reports and recitals
,Azzuri is truly a mastermind as well as a good eater
apparently,and survivor after last weeks trip to Joey's. That Auben haired one with whom you locked eyes is truly a Devil in Prada! Will watch Tom Horton up front and Eddy King out back try and carve up Shore this week, shouldn't be too hard the way Joey's are playing,but we know the Shore boys will go down fighting in front of their great supporters in the grandstand.

Joeys by 20 , New in a close one over Iggies, and Azzuri i am with you ..upset of the season Kings by a Whisker so the New boys can sneak in solo.

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
Quick update on the above lists, in 2nd's Ben Wickett finished the season strong after shoulder surgery and ended up #1 in the pack ,Cameron Horne has been playing hooker# 2, Goodman was in 3rds . which means next years front row likely is ,Helu, Horne and Goodman. New will be strong again, but losing lots of firepower in the backline.I expect Bailey Simonsson to have a big season ably supported by Kuenzle and Tyrone the tank !Helu and Lawson to shine up front in the pack,Lawson was outstanding last week.The Wyvern boys should end up joint premiers ,but wont be easy against Iggies who are full of running even without McGregor.

Apologies to Ben Wickett - he's been outstanding in his last few games, filling in at lock, in the back row, and at prop - strong, fast, and very good in the open.

Goodman & Horne were 2/3 of the 2nds front row for most of the year, and formed a formidable combination with Wilson at tight-head). They're both very fit, strong and mobile, and remind me of Hugh Roach in their ability to cover enormous amounts of territory and still be at the breakdown when needed.

I agree with the comment that Lawson will shine - he's been one of the best forwards all season, and has the pace, power and skill to be a top-flight #8 - he'll be one to watch in the future!

Don't agree with the comments about Helu - his scrummaging is poor, and he'd be in real trouble without the bulk & power of Mannix & Piroddi behind him. His ball-running is effective, but the there's far too little of it, and his defence is average at best. Unfortunately, I think he's often given credit for things that Teu Atiola has done on the field - they look exactly the same from a distance, but Teu is slightly smaller, and whereas Helu is ponderous and slow around the field, Atiola is an absolute dynamo who runs faster and hits harder than almost any other forward in the competition.

McKay is another one to watch out for - a cross between Hooper & Pocock, he's strong and clever, and gains a lot of turnovers. Louis Grey will develop into a class lock - he's tall, athletic, mobile and his line-out jumping is high quality (with a few more kilos, he'll be an able replacement for Piroddi). Poidevin and Halaufia will also benefit from their year in 2nds (and their brief stints in 1sts) and will form the basis of a great back row with McKay & Lawson.

The 2nds halves, Lewis & Zinonos have formed a consistent and effective partnership throughout the season. Lewis could do some work on his pace, and work at the scrum base, but his passing is good and his defence is good, and he generally takes the right options. Zinonos is an unlikely looking 5/8, with an awkward running style, but his passing game is pinpoint accurate, and his ability to set the back-line up has been one of the reasons for the team's success this year (his goal-kicking is an added bonus) - he'll be a good back-up for Kuenzle. Duvall in the centres is another one to watch out for next year - a very hard-hitting defender (not dissimilar to Kennewell in that respect), with good pace for a big guy. And Miller (A.) & Gilfedder on the wings have been great this year - both of them are very quick in attack, good under the high ball, and solid in defence. (It's just a shame that Gilfedder has had to sit out the last 2 games of the season after being knocked out in a shameful incident in the 1sts game against Joeys a couple of weeks ago!)

Kuenzle, Taukamo & Simonsson have all been fantastic this year, and will only get better next season, so I expect to see New's 2016 1st XV looking something like this....

1. Cameron Horne
2. Adam Goodman
3. Opeti Helu / Isi Halaufia
4. Wilson Kearns
5. Louis Grey
6. Christian Poidevin
7. Max McKay
8. Nathan Lawson
9. Isaac Lewis
10. Bayley Kuenzle
11. Tyrone Taukamo
12. Hamish Duvall
13. Sam Gilfedder
14. Adam Miller
15. Bailey Simonsson

factanonverba

Frank Row (1)
As far as i know all these are year 11 or year 10 that have played some 1st XV in 2015 - or are year 12's on pathways.

Shore: Rixon, Gregory, Suttor, Allen, Haskins, Edwards, Sinclair, Sheahan, Baveystock.

Newington: Serhon, Simmonson, Taukamo, Kuenzle, Helu, Gilfedder, Poidevin, Lawson, McKay, Duvall.

Joeys: Jaffer-Williams, Barnes, Holley, Wilkinson

Scots: Todd, Crawford, Miller, Greene, Shannon,

Kings: Pietsch, Skelly, Lombardi, Lynch, Kim, N.Brown, Peditt, C.Ryan, M.Orpen, Miller, Mann.

Riverview: Terry, Cutler, C.Rorke, D.Rorke, Scott, Fenn, Lenehan, Pirina, Nona, Smeallie & Noonan* (*question over age eligibility).

Grammar: Sheldon, Smith

Sam Williams (year 11) has been running onas replacement for Iggies firsts as hooker.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
f
Sam Williams (year 11) has been running onas replacement for Iggies firsts as hooker.

For Kings .....Mann has just had surgery on his ACL ... so next year will be subject to rehab ....Kim is leaving this year as he's a young year 12. I think Ryan is also in year 12. The others are correct

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
Folks.. I've set up a NSW AAGPS 2016 thread for prognostications about Season 2016
Sorry about that - I got a bit carried away while thinking about some of the unheralded performers of this season's 2nds. While I'm apologising though I'd like to say sorry for omitting Tom Serhon from my previous post - he'll be somewhere in the pack in 1sts next year.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
T
Sorry about that - I got a bit carried away while thinking about some of the unheralded performers of this season's 2nds. While I'm apologising though I'd like to say sorry for omitting Tom Serhon from my previous post - he'll be somewhere in the pack in 1sts next year.

No problem.... Yes Serhon will definetly be there....

Will Cooper

Bob McCowan (2)
Just thought i'd add my salt and pepper to the forum so go easy! ;)

I reckon Saturday should be an absolute cracker out at Parramatta! I believe the scots boys can do a clean sweep and win all games from 3rds - 1sts, meaning that their seconds can go out with a bang and have their first win of the season.

3rd XV: After a tied game last week hosting TAS 1's these thirsty 3rds are ready to do some damage out on JS White. Looks like their second rower (no.5) is returning to the side ( from injury?) and hooker (captain) hopefully to do some damage around the ruck and in line outs. Their 9, 12 and 13 have been outstanding thus far and wouldn't be too surprised to see some meat being produced from them. Not too sure what to expect from the kings boys but they definitely shouldn't be underestimated!

2nd XV: Kings certainly showed dominance last time these teams went head to head. It's going to be tough but with the likes of Bours, Currans, Jevons and niggly Poiner leading from the front anything can happen. Kings will certainly have the bigger pack, so if the game were to be won by the boys in gold it'd be out in the backs. However the likes of Yunnipingu, Chadwick and Gavin have to stay composed and stick to the game plan! They're all very talented players and are definitely capable of getting the job done.

1st XV: Not too much has to be said here, there's already enough hype around this game as it is. Girdler, Woods, Smith, England, Prindiville, Strang, McCauly, and Hawkins have all been here before, they know how to get the job done. However young bloods Skelly, Pietsch and Pettit are not going to just hand it to them. I can just tell that they're going to be ruthless! The boys in Gold have some work to do if they want to claim another GPS premiership. But all in all it should be an absolute cracker of a day for footy, pies and everything else in between.

Going to be some close games:
Scots 1sts by 15
Scots 2nds by 1
Scots 3rds by 7

Gilly

Herbert Moran (7)
Thank you to all for the enjoyable season off the field. may there be many more to come on G & G

Final Tips
J,K,N,J,K,N,J,S,I,G

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is that time of the year again isn't it?

Some will be back on the AAGPS roundabout in 2016. Look forward to seeing you again, and welcoming the new folk.
Go here: -> http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/nsw-aagps-rugby-2016.15972/

Some will be off to the brave new world of Colts (Subbies or Shute Shield). That can be an rude awakening for many.
Go here: -> http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/sydney-colts-2016.15870/
or here for Subbies banter: -->http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/sydney-subbies-2016.16018/

Anyone wanting to talk about the journey from Schoolboy footy to Colts? There are plenty who are keen to hear your thoughts and experiences and ideas on the subject.
Go here: -->http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...y-rugby-to-colts-is-there-a-better-way.14776/

PS. I think "anon" has treated me rather harshly in the annual AAGPS review. I even had to google "Kim Kardashian's posterior" to work out what the reference was to. If it isn't sport, food or beverage related, I don't care about it.
Read all about "anons" end of season musings here: -->http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/nsw-gps-round-10-preview/2/

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
With your name I would've sworn you'd be familiar with Kim Kardashian's khyber. On reflection, aren't you two fellow members of the Big Bum Club? :eek:

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Apart from a sports mad La Jarse, there are no females at Chez Jarse to worry about KK's Kurrent Karryons.
Better things to worry about than that. Michael Cheika needs our help. I'm sure of it.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Kings v Scots: The title contenders are away and will go toe-to-toe with Kings who are game and will be looking to surpass View to add to their three scalps for the season. It will be a tall order for the home team to stay the distance and expect the Scots’ pack to prevail but not before Pietsch & Co have a red hot go: S by 15

Shore v Joeys: It’s been a long season for the Northbridge team who’ve battled injuries which has wreaked havoc on any discernible pattern of play. Joeys have just come up short in their key clashes against the leaders but I expect they’ll be merciless in their last outing: J by 30

Newington v Riverview: Back to Newington Day will add to the energy and anticipation of either a joint or solo premiership for the hosts. Riverview has shown plenty of grit in the face of the loss of key forwards & Charlie Rorke is going gang busters for a youngster. Both sets of backs have some exciting attacking moves & I’m tipping that this’ll be the day that View play to the final whistle: R by 2

Play hard & fast boys in your final round. Looking forward to seeing the current crop of year 10s & 11s making their mark from next season. Well done to the year 12 cohort – look forward to watching your exploits in colts in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.