• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Joeys look favourites for next year due to the depth .. but there will always be a surprise.
Wooden spoon favourites are Shore - they have a couple of good players in the 1st and 2nd for next year but no depth and no natural leader. Woodhill has probably been the most inspirational leader in the gps despite not winning many.
So far the Shore 1st coach has 1 win out of 20 matches which is not good coaching !

SHORE = 2 wins & 1 draw this season and lots of close losses.

Think actually New will be weak next year. They are the only GPS side that didnt get a top 3 placing in either 1st or 2nds.

Joeys are always near the top.

RUGBYGIRL11

Peter Burge (5)
New have a number of boys backing up and a great crop of 16s ready to step up
They will be competitive again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colin Windon

Herbert Moran (7)
I think Richards (Kings) would likely slot into 13 or 15 depending on recovery from ACL injury. I think he is back to rowing soon so fitness shouldn't be an issue but hopefully there are no issues with his speed after this serious injury,

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
ideal backline:
9. Rorke (3rds)
10. McGregor (1sts)
11. O'Reilly (2nds)
12. Pirina (1sts)
13. Gehrig (2nds)
14. Hurley (1sts)
15. Terry (1sts)

not too sure about forwards though. Gehrig will be suiting for centres for his strength
Agree most with this back line - everyone is in their best position and there's a good combination of skill and strike power.

I think Scots will be incredibly difficult to beat, but Joeys will have a chance. Kings and Shore will be the underdogs, with View and New battling it out for third - at this stage.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Agree most with this back line - everyone is in their best position and there's a good combination of skill and strike power.

I think Scots will be incredibly difficult to beat, but Joeys will have a chance. Kings and Shore will be the underdogs, with View and New battling it out for third - at this stage.

I would be very interested in understanding the rationale behind your predictions....

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
2015 should be an interesting year. Joeys were the dominant side, with Kings testing Joeys and getting up a few times from memory. Riverview only struggled with Joeys, and handled Kings easily on all occasions. Newington were ok at times and Scots look like a different team all together from their under age player groups. Shore were strong in the forwards but lacked penetration in the backs. 2015 has the potential to be very open. Scots look to be very strong but the departure of AC definitely brings them back to the pack.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
Charlie Rorke who is going into year 10 next could be a very good option for riverview in the back row, he has the size of his eldest brother, watch out for him in the years to come

Dr.AbsXI

Stan Wickham (3)
ideal backline:
9. Rorke (3rds)
10. McGregor (1sts)
11. O'Reilly (2nds)
12. Pirina (1sts)
13. Gehrig (2nds)
14. Hurley (1sts)
15. Terry (1sts)

not too sure about forwards though. Gehrig will be suiting for centres for his strength

Heard chat about Jack Minke (spelling?), #6 for the Riverview 1s is doing pathways and looking for a move into the backline. Playing at 10 in juniors and 12 in 15s, he is a potent addition to any backline. Also i believe this superstar and incumbent schoolboy has a younger brother, Izack Minke (spelling?), can anyone let us know how he goes?

View will miss their impact players from the great class of 2014, Peterson, Freeman, Reneker, Hutchison, Condon, Rudd, Mitch, Cain etc. Joeys, Kings and Scots to battle for the premiership.

James Day

Stan Wickham (3)
Heard chat about Jack Minke (spelling?), #6 for the Riverview 1s is doing pathways and looking for a move into the backline. Playing at 10 in juniors and 12 in 15s, he is a potent addition to any backline. Also i believe this superstar and incumbent schoolboy has a younger brother, Izack Minke (spelling?), can anyone let us know how he goes?

View will miss their impact players from the great class of 2014, Peterson, Freeman, Reneker, Hutchison, Condon, Rudd, Mitch, Cain etc. Joeys, Kings and Scots to battle for the premiership.

can confirm that Jake* is not doing pathways

John Thomo

Frank Row (1)
Look for a lot of dark horses from the 6/8th's in the Joeys 1's and 2's next year. I watched a few games of both sides this year and there is a lot of talent that seems to be hanging down there due to the sheer depth of Joeys Rugby. Special mentions must go to a few players like Travis Blair, Michael Icely, Liam Aldice and in the 8's Joe Puckeridge and Michael Andrew. Watch for the boys In top teams next year!!

Roland Day

Frank Row (1)
Starting point:
1. Hancock ( 1sts)
2. Hamilton (2nds)
4. Lott (2nds injured)
5. Pratten ( 3rds)
6. Morrison ( 2nds)
7. Archer (2nds)
8. ?
9. Rorke (2nds) / 16a.s 10?
10. McGregor
11. O'Reilly (2nds)
12. Pirina ? ( 1sts)
13. Therry ( 1sts)
14. ??
15. Hurley ( 1sts injured)

There's some fairly good players there, so they will go pretty well if prepared and coached properly. No doubt there's a few others that don't come to mind yet. Riverview have always put a reasonably competitive side out there regardless of the perceived strength in the year.

With the departing year 12 cohort, Riverview is left with an insufficient amount of props. I can see the stocky body of Jack Morrison slot into hooker and push Alex Hamilton into tight head to solve the problem. Morrison played a couple games in the front row in the seconds season, meaning there shouldn't be much difficulty in the switching of position. This leaves a flanker spot open for young talents in the younger age groups. Eg. Chris Scott (16 A's), Charlie Rorke (15 A's Injured).

Here's my team prediction:
1. Hancock (1sts)
2. Morrison (2nds)
3. Hamilton (2nds)
4. Lott (2nds injured)
5. Fitzpatrick (2nds) / Wilson (16 A's)
6. Scott (16 A's) / Rorke (15 A's injured)
7. Archer (2nds)
8. Gehrig (3rds/2nds)
9. Rorke (2nds)
10. McGregor (1sts)
11. O'Riley (2nds)
12. Pirina (1sts)
13. Therry (1sts)
14. Hurley (1sts)
15. Lenehan (2nds)

Peej

Allen Oxlade (6)
While it seems Riverview have a good looking back line on paper the forward pack is a concern with not a lot of depth and the backs can't do anything if the piggies can't secure good ball.

From some games I saw last yr Rorke the half had a very good running game but not a 1st grade standard pass. If they improve this he will be quite a handy player with McGregor

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Greg Growden's fearless rugby predictions for 2015

Greg GrowdenDecember 29, 2014

June

In an economy drive, the ARU relocate their head office to Shore School.

July

- Shore School complains about the ARU office relocation, saying there are no parking spaces for teachers with so many former students now working there and demanding good spots.

- The ARU levies any private school rugby parent who travels to a GPS game in either a Merc, Roller, BMW or Audi.

August

- The Wallabies, for cost-cutting reasons, will now change at the M.J Hawker Stand at Shore School in Northbridge and then be transported to Sydney Test venues so they don't have to pay for a dressing room

September

- James O'Connor does a Hungry Jack's ad. It's filmed in daylight hours.

December

ARU offices now relocated to the Shore School car park.

Read more at http://www.espnscrum.com/australia/rugby/story/251727.html#oLwkcT6GGOZSckTj.99

Amusing references to Shore by Greg Growden ... might be a long year for Shore in 2015, with the car park relatively busy ;)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
That's how senior schoolboy rep teams used to be - half or more from the state system.

2 or 3 have or had older brothers at Augustines. No-one from Scots Prep despite the much vaunted bottom up rugby programme.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Any thought on potential Joeys outfits? Also high and grammar looking strong in 3XV competition. Thoughts and predictions?

Grammar have lost the last of their boys (maybe 1 remains) who competed head to head (As v As) through the age groups so I expect they will have a tough year except that the 16s from 2014 had very competitive (winning some) games against B sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.