• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Waves, its always hard to know what the GPS sides will put out there. The GPS athletic season is still in play while these trials are on and the schools don't let their athletics squads play much rugby at that time. Also I think it is Riverview's and Newington's first trial games , so the squads they play will be quite open and will have a lot of boys trialling, possibly not 1's or 2's level. Having said that I imagine that all the boys who do play will be giving it a good shot, so the games should be quite physical. For those reasons you will learn more about the boys comparatively in your own squad, rather than what sort of year the team will have. I doubt that Riverview or Newington will be too phased by what ever the result is, they will be focussed on trying to settle on their own squads.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Ron Jeremy69, That referenced article suggests that it is hardly the sack. Perhaps you would care to edit your original post to better reflect what appears to be the situation with Mr Blackburn.

This is not facebook.

R

Ron_Jeremy69

@Ron Jeremy69, That referenced article suggests that it is hardly the sack. Perhaps you would care to edit your original post to better reflect what appears to be the situation with Mr Blackburn.

This is not facebook.

Thanks for the heads up, I will admit I got a little over excited. It's the sensationalist in me. I also wouldn't want Marcus Blackburn to cast a 'patronus charm' against me, given his newfound magical talents (sorry, I've been watching Harry Potter with my nephews).

R

RuckMyGrass420

Settle down @Ronjeremy69. Going around claiming someone has been fired is a bit ott.

That aside, is Marcus Blackburns new school one of note? I am not familiar with English schools.

R

RuckMyGrass420

I'm sure there'll be a surprising amount of the Herefords 1st XV on "academic, artistic, dramatic, musical, sporting and all-rounder scholarships" in no time;)

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting hearing talk that scots college supposedly going to help fund astro turf at easts rugby union ...astro turf, rugby?

Is that a soft landing surface?

Interestingly Todays Sunday paper has an article regarding grounds that see more injuries in rugby league .... So could understand schools being interested in quality of grounds

Given some of fields that scots use are somewhat "crap" ... I will be interested to see whether big spending scots ... Supposedly has a bigger rugby budget than the waratahs .... Is really going to bankroll that

Grammar looks to have done some major works to weiggal ... So scots wouldn't be alone

Status
Not open for further replies.