• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Apparently GPS Blue def City rep team yesterday 17-12. And White were easily beating Country not sure of score. Anyone see the games any comments or standout performances?

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
For GPS Blues, Hooker Jake Hedge, prop OPeti Hhelu and Tom Leaver were strong up front, as was skipper Lachie Simpson at 7 . Matt Orpen and Will Terry gave the wingers Mete and Jaffer- Williams some good runs before the heavy rain set in.
It was a tight game through out with GPS finishing stronger through fitness.

The Whites,played in constant rain and got heavier as the game went on .
They always looked in control, the forwards were well led by #4 Charlie Mannix who was everywhere and outplayed his much bigger opponent .Josh Smith from Grammar also had a strong game, as did 6 the captain Will Anderson.
The half back struggled in the rain but as the game went on the good supply of ball led to Cowley distributing well to put Patrick over out wide.The game finished off with Chris Orpen scoring a spectacular try from 50 metres our from a Country clearing kick. On return he dummied to fullback Patrick in centre-field then took off down the sideline beat the cover with an in and away and scored in the corner .He then nonchalantly converted his own try from the side line in pouring rain.

OfficialPirrodi

Bob McCowan (2)
What do people think the score would be between the GPS 2nds and the CAS 1sts, if they were to hypothetically play a fixture against one another? I, rather boldly, must say the GPS would manage to 'edge' the game by about two points. The back three for 2s look menacing.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
What do people think the score would be between the GPS 2nds and the CAS 1sts, if they were to hypothetically play a fixture against one another? I, rather boldly, must say the GPS would manage to 'edge' the game by about two points. The back three for 2s look menacing.

I agree... After seeing them dazzle today I'd say they'd pip the CAS 1's for their money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
Good couple of games out at Curagul for GPS, with both the Seconds and Firsts with convincing wins.
I saw the firsts game, where they outplayed CHS for a 38-8 victory, with great games from the backs. McGregor, Wright, and Kennewell all having blinders, surely all three are front runners for NSW 1 selection later tonight.

gps_pilfs

Bob McCowan (2)
Good couple of games out at Curagul for GPS, with both the Seconds and Firsts with convincing wins.
I saw the firsts game, where they outplayed CHS for a 38-8 victory, with great games from the backs. McGregor, Wright, and Kennewell all having blinders, surely all three are front runners for NSW 1 selection later tonight.

Those three sure do look far ahead of the pack for NSW selection, I might also like to add hooker Tom Horton to that list. Other than that great writeup once again from you Byron, you really are making a name for yourself.

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
NSW Schools Team for Australian Schools Championships 2015 at St Ignatius College 29 June to 4 July

Players are to report to Waratah’s HQ at SFS at 8:30 am Sunday for team briefing and medical
NSW Schools I H.Johnson-Holmes CHS, T.Horton GPS, H.Chapman GPS, T.Pirodi GPS, R.McCauley,GPS, N.Gittoes GPS, C.Smith GPS, L.Anderson ISA, H.Goddard ISA, J.McGregor GPS, V.Latu CHS, D.England GPS, S.Kennewell GPS, S.Loga-Tarogi GPS, T.Wright, GPS, D.Woods GPS, J.Morrison GPS, T.Atiola GPS, M.Gridler GPS, M.Hingano ISA, J.Oxley ISA, K.Vaitaki CHS, B.Barnes CHS
Team Management: John Guy Manager Hunter Valley Grammar School, Brad Gill Coach Newington, Luke Bower Assistant Coach Cranbrook, Narelle Veverka Physiotherapist

NSW Schools II
C.Walker ISA, J.Nettleton ISA, W.McRae ISA, T.Lane CHS, L,Swinton CAS, D.Pietsch GPS, J.Donato ISA, H.McLennan CAS, T.Strang GPS, J.Wright CHS, J.Prindiville GPS, L.Lough ISA, J.Hawkins GPS, T.Taukamo GPS, T.Clements GPS, M.Stewart CCC, S.Malolo CHS, N.Brown GPS, Z.von Appin ISA, L.Simpson GPS, M.Long GPS, N.Wilkinson GPS, P.Pelligrini CCC
Team Management: Saxon Bowles Manager Oakhill, Lachlan White Coach Trinity, Hugo Engele Assistant Coach Trinity, Alistair Burgess Physiotherapist

Shadows
Not required to attend the Briefing on Sunday 21 June 2015
A.Latu CCC, R.Connolly CHS, O.Helu GPS, L.Robson ISA, M.Freeman CCC, V.Sandrel CCC, J.Maltese CCC, T.Rumore ISA, W.Haskins GPS, J.Hardie ISA, J.Veitch ISA, D.Boardman CCC, P.Slaven CAS, E.Nisczcot CHS, R.Longville CASNSW Schools Team for Australian Schools Championships 2015

RoughChat

Frank Row (1)
Strong looking N1 & N2 including more than 25 GPS boys, not a suprise considering the dominance they showed throughout the last week.

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
Did Girdler play today or was he still out with injury? If so was he selected on reputation?

He was back in today. Was fairly quiet except for a few solid runs and hits. I don't know if "reputation" is the right word to use. The selectors would have seen him in the first couple rounds where he played well to my knowledge, and obviously his previous NSW experience has to be in the back of their minds.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
He was back in today. Was fairly quiet except for a few solid runs and hits. I don't know if "reputation" is the right word to use. The selectors would have seen him in the first couple rounds where he played well to my knowledge, and obviously his previous NSW experience has to be in the back of their minds.

I take it Doyle went back to the 2's. How did he play? I see he didnt get a gig in selections. But Haskins got a Shadow selection from GPS Blue.

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
I take it Doyle went back to the 2's. How did he play? I see he didnt get a gig in selections. But Haskins got a Shadow selection from GPS Blue.

Correct, he was back in the 2's. Had a decent game, didn't stand out but his line outs were good as well as his overall defense.

Personally I was shocked to see Haskins as being selected, he does give good ball but from what I've seen his decision making could use some work, as well as his tackling, but with good performances as of late the selectors rewarded it. With him being in Year 11, should see him possibly move up to NSW 1's or 2's next year, depending on the next crop of halfbacks coming through.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
How did Wennerbom go?
It gets very pointy ver quickly at this level and I'm intrigued that a year 11 (from shore) was not in u16 in 2014 when shore had a half selected in Pres Bs for that age group..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
How did Wennerbom go?
It gets very pointy ver quickly at this level and I'm intrigued that a year 11 (from shore) was not in u16 in 2014 when shore had a half selected in Pres Bs for that age group..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wennerbom played the last 10 or so minutes for GPS 2's. I definitely think he is a better player then Haskins, and proved that during the first couple of rounds, especially against Riveriew in Round 1. Probably one of the more dubious decisions I've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.