• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
My tips next round are Scots easily over Shore by 30, Newington by 6 over Joey's , Kings by 2 over Riverview. NSW 1's to win Interstate carnival, Horton, Gittoes ,McCauley ,McGregor, Kennewll, Sepesa Tarogi, Strang. and Wright all to make Aust schools squad even with an all Queensland Selection panel.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Updated tipping

With name spellings corrected.

Sorry if I missed anyone, but of a process trawling back through the posts, maybe if you private message me with your tips as well might make things a bit easier.

Congrats to those who picked the "SIN" winning combination last round.

Gps tipping rd 2.jpg

gps_pilfs

Bob McCowan (2)
My tips next round are Scots easily over Shore by 30, Newington by 6 over Joey's , Kings by 2 over Riverview. NSW 1's to win Interstate carnival, Horton, Gittoes ,McCauley ,McGregor, Kennewll, Sepesa Tarogi, Strang. and Wright all to make Aust schools squad even with an all Queensland Selection panel.

Agree with all of those Aus Schoolboy selections except one. As great a player as he is, i can't see Strang in the side purely because of his debatable selection in the NSW 2's and the limited spots for him in the side. The starting spot has Goddard written all over it, and the politics of the selection are surely not in Strang's favour. That being said I am hoping for a killer game from the young lad to get his name into the head of the selectors. The more gps boys the better I say.

T

themanger

No Tom Piroddi? hes been a constant name tapping on the door of the aussie schoolboys squad.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Good back line however I hear there are a few Qld boys who will be looking at a few of those spots too, the likes of Jaden Ngamanu, Kris Verevis, Dylan Riley and Len Ikatau 3 of them in the Aus 7 training squad with Wright, Kennewell and Sepesa Tarogi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smithandwesson

Peter Burge (5)
Agree with all of those Aus Schoolboy selections except one. As great a player as he is, i can't see Strang in the side purely because of his debatable selection in the NSW 2's and the limited spots for him in the side. The starting spot has Goddard written all over it, and the politics of the selection are surely not in Strang's favour. That being said I am hoping for a killer game from the young lad to get his name into the head of the selectors. The more gps boys the better I say.

I agree Goddard is best, and i'm another who would have Piroddi in there. But surely the squad would have Strang sitting on the bench, cos such a crucial position if injuries etc and he could cover other players in the back line i would think?

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I agree Goddard is best, and i'm another who would have Piroddi in there. But surely the squad would have Strang sitting on the bench, cos such a crucial position if injuries etc and he could cover other players in the back line i would think?
I think there is already a huge amount of back line talent standing in line, most of the Aus Sevens training squad are back line players and they are all big and fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Try to stay on NSW AAGPS chatter only folks.

Take the speculation about the chances of ISA or QLD players making the Schoolboys Team to the relevant thread.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Great day at the rugby with the family. Good to see NSW with the win.

Attachments

• 11666254_874137062665675_3644530911183866489_n.jpg
    11666254_874137062665675_3644530911183866489_n.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 401

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
GPS players in NSW 1's had a great game today, and it is easy to see that the AAGPS is the best competition in the country at the moment. McGregor had a blinder, great ball and a try of his own. The Towers in the forwards of McCauley, Pirrodi, and Gittoes all had a solid outing, along with Girdler. Charlie Smith is really impressing me as of late, despite his lack of size, his physicality is astounding.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
GPS players in NSW 1's had a great game today, and it is easy to see that the AAGPS is the best competition in the country at the moment. McGregor had a blinder, great ball and a try of his own. The Towers in the forwards of McCauley, Pirrodi, and Gittoes all had a solid outing, along with Girdler. Charlie Smith is really impressing me as of late, despite his lack of size, his physicality is astounding.

Yes, I completely agree, Kennewell was also very impressive in the backs. Who do NSW take on next?

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes, I completely agree, Kennewell was also very impressive in the backs. Who do NSW take on next?

To be honest I don't think Kennewell had a great game on Monday, plenty of dropped ball. He made up for that effort today in a big win over WA with some great runs.

TSC 1st and 2nd XV are playing Waverly on July 11th, I believe at TSC for those interested.....

Good luck Waverly is all I can say.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
TSC 1st and 2nd XV are playing Waverly on July 11th, I believe at TSC for those interested.....
Waverley had the games at queens park on July 11, with 2nds at 1pm and 2:15pm.

Shame they aren't playing 16as and 15as. Particularly if scots could pull together a full strength 15as ... Too hard I guess

Personally I wouldn't completely write off waves, if they could regain some of their preseason form, might be close ... Waves played well against a newington team that handily beat scots.

Waverley chances would be better, if scots rest any of their big guns..... Which could easily happen.

Plus Waverley certainly have some pride to play for, as they are a better team than what the cas final table is likely to show ... At least in my view

F McGrath

Stan Wickham (3)
Waverley had the games at queens park on July 11, with 2nds at 1pm and 2:15pm.

Shame they aren't playing 16as and 15as. Particularly if scots could pull together a full strength 15as . Too hard I guess

Personally I wouldn't completely write off waves, if they could regain some of their preseason form, might be close . Waves played well against a newington team that handily beat scots.

Waverley chances would be better, if scots rest any of their big guns... Which could easily happen.

Plus Waverley certainly have some pride to play for, as they are a better team than what the cas final table is likely to show . At least in my view
The newington team that beat Scots was very different to the one that played Waverley. No GPS athletes or rowers.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
The newington team that beat Scots was very different to the one that played Waverley. No GPS athletes or rowers.

Yes you are completely true. I think If I remember correctly, there would have been 4 or 5 players who were in 1sts for Newington when they played Scots, who weren't present for the Waverly game.

Status
Not open for further replies.