• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Great game of rugby at Stanmore today. Credit to both sides for the standard of rugby on display.

2nd and 3rds to Scots - the 3rds was reasonably close but one always felt that Scots were in control, but Newington kept going till the end. The 2nds was close for the first half, but Scots showed their dominance with some great rugby in the second half to win comfortably.

16As, 15As and 13As to New - not sure how 14As went.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Wow this comp is close except shore but they would be happy with their win today. Does anyone know the run home for each team including home/away?

Next week:
1st XV, 2nd XV – Round 2.4 – K v I, S v J, E v N

3rd XV – Round 8 – K v I, J v A, E v N, S v G, H bye

Week after:

1st XV, 2nd XV – Round 2.5 – K v E, N v J, I v S
3rd XV – Round 9 – K v E, N v J, I v S, H v G, A bye

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Points table after today would read:

S - 12
K - 10
N - 8
J - 8
I - 8
E - 2

Scots only need to win one of their last 2 to at least be joint premiers. Kings still in with a realistic chance to either win outright or be joint premiers.

It's still mathematically possible for Joeys or New to win their last 2 and snatch a joint premiership (however unlikely).

Joeys v Scots at Bellevue Hill next week will be big.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Late entry in POTY - Harry's Cafe de Wheels pies at Stanmore today. Chunky beef, mushy peas and gravy - very tasty.:)

HarrysCafedeWheels.JPG

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Points table after today would read:
S - 12
K - 10
N - 8
J - 8
I - 8
E - 2

Scots only need to win one of their last 2 to at least be joint premiers. Kings still in with a realistic chance to either win outright or be joint premiers.

It's still mathematically possible for Joeys or New to win their last 2 and snatch a joint premiership (however unlikely).

Joeys v Scots at Bellevue Hill next week will be big.

As will Kings V View ........ In fact every game will be huge !

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Late entry in POTY - Harry's Cafe de Wheels pies at Stanmore today. Chunky beef, mushy peas and gravy - very tasty.:)

Looks like the legendary 'Tiger', (about the only thing I miss about living in Sydney). Surely this is an 'irregular' entry into the POTY competition, and best discussed in the scholarship thread.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Delightful contribution from one north of the Tweed, Roy's mate. As one who's experienced living in your parts but from elsewhere I totally understand your sentiments. Have a chat to LG about the joys of the pepper in the pies at Harry's Cafe de Wheels at the 'loo.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Shore's win over View (the first one for three years?) is cause for much celebration. Excellent 'n' all Shore are at rowing (congratulations, BTW), winning the ultimate match of a school-whole day of rugby's something to be savoured. Well done, Shore.

And beating View's gotta be one of life's better experiences.:)

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Father Jim or Huly might need to confirm, but I think TAS's win today means that TAS win the 3's Premiership, doesn't it. And with next week's match against Joeys, they'll know if it's an 'outright and undefeated' P'ship. Or not.
Either way, early congratulations are due the Armi lads, and still with lots to play for at HH next week.

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
As will Kings V View .... In fact every game will be huge !
Agreed. K with 2 home games stood out initially but anything could still happen. I watched JvK today and J are now playing to their strengths, ie backs especially the fullback. K hung in, were always dangerous but J were in control for most of it. Some silly mistakes for K in 2h. J will be hard to beat in final 2 rounds.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Delightful contribution from one north of the Tweed, Roy's mate. As one who's experienced living in your parts but from elsewhere I totally understand your sentiments. Have a chat to LG about the joys of the pepper in the pies at Harry's Cafe de Wheels at the 'loo.

Ah yes, the taste of the pepper was a real winner yesterday. Meat cooked to perfection and nice light pastry. Topped of course with mushy peas and gravy.

I regret not going back for seconds.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Was at Hunters Hill yesterday and enjoyed a thoroughly enjoyable game.

Through out my GPS experience I have always heard of the influence of the Joeys chanting and cheering. Over the past decade there has been few displays when all boys fire up. Yesterday the thunder came back.

Late in the game, the Joe Boys sang one of their chants which was responded to by the Kings boys with more passion and volume. This then "poked the beast" and the 1000 Joe boys stood and shook the heavens with their response. This prompted an old fashioned "cheer" contest. The results though could be seen immediately on the field. The Kings boys had the momentum and were looking like scoring in the final five minutes. Then from the grandstand came the energy and inspiration the Joeys boys really needed. Joeys did everything to blunt and halt the Kings attack and with stood a fine Kings finish who came so close to snatching it. For those final minutes the Joeys boys stood and sang war cries and even a hymn they know well I was told. At the final whistle both teams had little energy with the Kings boys slumping to the crowd and the Joeys boys offering hands to haul them to their feet. The Joeys crowd kept on singing. A longtime Kings supporter I spoke to later said as soon as he heard the Joeys boys roar he knew Kings were finished. That energy from the stands makes a huge difference.

If SJC bring that "16th man" passion from the stands next weekend then Scots will face a daunting task. A wonderful sight to witness.

Huly

Chris McKivat (8)
Father Jim or Huly might need to confirm, but I think TAS's win today means that TAS win the 3's Premiership, doesn't it. And with next week's match against Joeys, they'll know if it's an 'outright and undefeated' P'ship. Or not.
Either way, early congratulations are due the Armi lads, and still with lots to play for at HH next week.

Yes it does indeed.

But Joeys are in with an opportunity. Armidale seem to struggle a little bit when they play down in Sydney.

Even yesterday against High, they never really seemed to get into their rhythm - even though the scoreline may suggest otherwise.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Was at Northbridge yesterday- the combination of a close match and old boy’s day made for quite a spectacle, which ended with Shore claiming their first victory since 2014.

Shore dominated possession in the first half- with the forward pack providing the backs with some good go forward ball. This culminated in a try to Sheehan (13) off the back of a slick backline move. Sinclair (12) converted to make it 7-0 in Shore’s favour. However, for the remainder of the half the View defence was strong- for much of the latter part of the first half was played in between the 10 metre lines on either side of halfway.

As was always going to be the case Riverview came out invigorated after oranges, with their large forward pack battering the Shore defence. Eventually, the onslaught ended with a much deserved try to Rorke (6) - who crashed in off the back of a ruck from about 2 metres out. The conversion was missed and it was 7-5 in Shore’s favour. A tense 20 minute passage of play followed, with the both the Riverview and Shore faithful realising that whoever was next to score would probably own the day. With about twenty minutes to go Shore scored a runaway try through Stinson (11) who scooped up a loose ball on the View 10 metre line and sprinted to the corner. The conversion attempt by Sinclair (12) was successful and Shore led 14-5. At this point both the current and old Shore boys sensed a win was on the cards and they fired up. After the try Shore looked good with ball in hand, however, a courageous View defence effort denied them a third try. Sinclair (12) kicked a penalty for Shore with about 10 to go and the score was 17-5. However, View didn’t give in with Shore defending on their line for the last three or four minutes. A knock on over the line from Riverview meant the final whistle was blown and the score was 17-5 to Shore.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Edited my apologies.

Truly a great game. The big crowd was treated to some very good Rugby. 3rd's was a 17-17 draw, seconds was a close match with View getting home and the Firsts was epic.

Shore deserved winners but was close hard fought match and brutal at times. Both sides could have scored more tries, View made some great breaks (Smealie & Pirina in particular) but Gregory at 15 was superb and did not miss a tackle, just amazing in defense and good in attack also.

Sinclair at 12 was brilliant. Best game I have seen him play. All the backs for Shore played very well,

The forwards played as a team and no passengers, the usual suspects did their work (Edwards & Suttor) Collard and Burrows both had big games.

For View Fenn had some great carries and Rourke was everywhere and snagged a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.