• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
The Joeys training regime was/is based as much on the boarding experience as sporting requirements. Keeping young adolescents busy with physical activity is a strategy well known to all. The expensive, efficient drainage on the Joeys playing fields were not installed just to provide a good Saturday playing surface, but to have fields available all week for training for all boys.

The concerns about training and travelling eating into study time have been addressed by some parents and boys by at GPS schools by switching into boarding for years 11 and 12.

Yes, that's true, FF (Folau Fainga'a), but of course you have to have the extra $20-25k to pay for it!

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Trial Fixtures this weekend

1st XV, 2nd XV - GPS/CAS/ISA Trial 2 – W v I, Kn v J, N v O, E v B, K v S
3rd XV – GPS/CAS/ISA Trial 2 – G v H, W v I, Kn v J, N v O, E v B, K v S, A v KW

I guess O = Oakhill at Newington

Any predictions?

R

Runpasstackle

Re joeys. What happen to Riley A-C as a 10 option. There were people that picked him in GPS teams.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
The GPS season will be starting on 7 May and it's my job unpaid preoccupation to produce a blog of of the GPS games every weekend.

I know what the clever people are thinking - there are three matches on every Saturday at the same time so how can even Lee Grant be at three different places at once?

You raise a good point and probably have a suggestion: Lee, why don't you ask people to help you out? They could write some stuff down and maybe take a few snaps and send it all to you and you can put it together. You can even give them a credit that they did the work. It's not rocket surgery.

You can even go to another footie match or stay home and mow the lawn.

Great idea - why didn't I think of that? Don't know about the lawn part though - it's a jungle out there.

Do any of you go the the games? And can you help out by doing some reports during the season?

Just volunteer here or send me a convo if you like. Even if you can do only a couple of games in the season it will be a great help.

I will send you guidelines if you are interested.

Cheers

LG

We are still looking for people from all schools to put their hands up but especially for Newington and Joeys.

Just send me a convo, or volunteer here, and I can explain what has to be done.

GPS Season Preview

Refer back to post no. 518 and please provide some bullet points.

We have little info about Newington's strengths and weaknesses, best players etc except for stuff in the forum. Fell free to drop your points in a post here - or if you prefer, send me a convo.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Not long now.

2016 AAGPS
Borat.jpg

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Pumped for joeys versus knox ... Recent years joeys has sent a small support detail, wondering if that knox field will be able to cope with the motherload

Either way tipping joeys in a tight one

I will Be interested to hear results in a few other age groups , as a few that might go knox way

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Attendance is mandatory for Joeys boys this weekend, so Knox should be prepared for a full GPS game reception.

It will be interesting to see how Joeys are, i have tipped better than recent early season form based on the change to the GPS Athletics timings, so this weekend will be interesting.
Knox always show up for the Joeys trial and it will be a good game.

Byron Williamson

Herbert Moran (7)
Waverly versus View should be interesting, with their encounter last year leading to something like 8 yellow cards and a couple reds. Will be expecting nothing to be left out on the field one week out from Round 1.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Waverly versus View should be interesting, with their encounter last year leading to something like 8 yellow cards and a couple reds. Will be expecting nothing to be left out on the field one week out from Round 1.

The bit of video I watched from the Newington game, Waverly did not seem far off the pace at all. So wont surprise me if they get up on View.

Think it will be a close encounter

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Scots v Kings trial at Kings should be a cracker too

Are Scots playing their best team at this fixture?

I will tip kings on the basis they appear to have a stronger side then 2015, and seem to have some good pre-season form. Scots are a bit unknown, very different side to last year and could not be as strong as 2015.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Sorry to sound like a "Boring Old Fart" but I hope the issue of red and yellow cards will not be an event, between these two great Rugby Schools. Rugby is losing too many players to soccer for a whole host of reasons. A bad sporting imagine of thuggery, will only intensify these losses to the round ball game. Rugby, needs to be promoted as the game of the Universities, Our Defence Forces and above all the " Top End Of Town Game" ( Quote From John O'Neil when here was head of the ARU) regarding our business elites.

What separates us from soccer,or at least the Western Sydney Wanders, and Rugby league is the perception, that our game is the preserve of the gentrified Professional Middle Class.

Of course reality is sometimes very different, but at least we can hope that our imagine although appearing to be elitist, will continue to have an appeal as a Gentleman's Game. Nevertheless,I should also stress that our game is open to all who wish to play it and value its old world appeal.

Bogans are welcome to disagree

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Are Scots playing their best team at this fixture?

I will tip kings on the basis they appear to have a stronger side then 2015, and seem to have some good pre-season form. Scots are a bit unknown, very different side to last year and could not be as strong as 2015.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't field their strongest side given selectors may be there and/or reviewing the tape of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.