• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

deez ebola nuts

Peter Burge (5)
I'd like to see Tyrone Taukomo get the ball at outside centre. Either Simmonsen at IC, or Duvall [hopefully he won't buy another dummy like the one Noonan sold him in r10 to score]. Gilfedder would have needed a motorcycle helmet to avoid that knockout.

the reason I put Tyrone at 12, as he has played there much in junior footy and I think he will be used as a classical crash ball 12 much like Tepai (2013), also his lack of speed on the outside wont be an issue as it was this year.

Simmonsen is best at wing/fullback his amazing footwork and speed is best in the open, he tends to run around guys rather than through.

calvesXV

Frank Row (1)
Potentially awful news for Newington fans - there is a chance Simonsson will move back to Canberra as there is a huge push by the Raiders and Marist.

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
Our country's latest PM, Turnbull, is an ex-Grammar boy - displacing Abbott, the old Ignatian. It seems the GPS is producing more than just world-renowned rugby players!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I am reliably informed that in the 13s he was coached by an Easts stalwart, Laurie Fahy.
He played breakaway as it was then called.
After the first game of the season Fahy took him aside and suggested to him that he didn't have to give the backs the ball every time he got it.
Evidently young Malcolm's vision of himself was yet to full develop.
After the second game the coach said "Malcolm, it's ok to give them the ball occasionally".

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Our country's latest PM, Turnbull, is an ex-Grammar boy - displacing Abbott, the old Ignatian. It seems the GPS is producing more than just world-renowned rugby players!

Premier - TKS
Catholic Archbishop of Sydney - SIC
Anglican Archbishop of Sydney - Shore
Chief Justice of NSW - SIC
Previous Chief Justice of Australia - SJC

oversandunders

Frank Row (1)

In addition to the current highlight videos (riverview, scots, joeys) King's has now released this outstanding montage from their otherwise quiet season (albeit with a few upsets). Big things expected next year from the 2016 cohort

calvesXV

Frank Row (1)
No way, what is the strength of your source?

Simonsson has said he misses Marist and went to a fair number of the first fifteen games last season. Marist despite finishing 5th last season are looking like title contenders.

Source: Brother so take it with a pinch of salt, but plenty of talk at Marist at the possibility

deez ebola nuts

Peter Burge (5)
Simonsson has said he misses Marist and went to a fair number of the first fifteen games last season. Marist despite finishing 5th last season are looking like title contenders.

Source: Brother so take it with a pinch of salt, but plenty of talk at Marist at the possibility

Wow im shocked, hope he does what is best for him. Thank you for your reporting.

Informed

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wow im shocked, hope he does what is best for him. Thank you for your reporting.
I have it on good authority that Simonsson may have been homesick earlier in the year when suffering from Glandular Fever, but he is happily contracted to the Bulldogs and is enjoying his time with Newington college. He is not going anywhere next year!

deez ebola nuts

Peter Burge (5)
I have it on good authority that Simonsson may have been homesick earlier in the year when suffering from Glandular Fever, but he is happily contracted to the Bulldogs and is enjoying his time with Newington college. He is not going anywhere next year!

Wow, we need some Foxsports reporters on this to find out the truth.

Meaty

Frank Row (1)
My predictions for scots 1's next year:

1. Harry Todd
2. Charlie Jeavons-Fellows
3. Mitch Smith
4. Charlie Crawford
5. Darcy Breen
6. Hugh Green
7. Angus Mckenzie
8. George Miller
9. Ben Miller
10. Jake Styles
11. Matt Hammond
12. James Mcarthy
13. Billy Smith
14. Winston Yunupingu
15. Nic Shannon

Thoughts??

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
Predictions for the GPS 1st XV:
1. Holley (J)
2. Todd (S)
3. Helu (N)
4. Fenn (I)
5. Suttor (E)
6. Serhon (N)
7. Pietsch (K)
8. Skelly (K) / Lawson (N) / Miller (S)
9. Noonan (I) (if he's eligible), otherwise Rixon (E)
10. Sheldon (G)
11. Barnes (J)
12. Wilkinson (J) /Pirina (I)
13. Taukamo (N) (captain)
14. Jaffer-Williams (J)
15. Simonssen (N)

Other possibilities:
The younger Orpen brother (K)
Smith (G)
Kuenzle (N)
Cowley (E) ?
Gregory (E)
Shannon (S)
Simpson (S)
Brown (K)
Choi (K)
Millar (K)

Thoughts?

Ph.D in footy

Frank Row (1)
Unfortunately Choi was out for most of the season with a back issue. Hopefully he will be back next season for the kings boys, as if they can build on this year look to have a strong team for the upcoming season

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
While discussion of GPS teams this early is a bit unusual it would appear that your speculations have included a large number of the Norths boys(10) ( who played in a team that were never successful at any state championships ) above those boys who have already made higher levels.

On another note Newington look strong again next year.

Quite some research you've done there.

I can wholeheartedly say that I have no affiliation with Norths and any 'bias' that has emerged from my selections is purely coincidental.

#1,2,3: I was under the impression that Atiola is in Yr 12, but if he's in Yr 11/ doing pathways then he should definitely be considered. Whilst I'm on the topic of the front row: Holley, Atiola, Helu would be my inclination. Crotti is a phenomenal player, but the selectors would be pretty gutsy to select someone in the GPS 1st XV who played in Joeys 3rds for 2015 over Todd, Holley etc. Adding Lombardi is fair enough but I disagree with it.

#4,5: Also didn't know that Nick Brown was in Yr 11, apologies. He'll be a very likely candidate in that case. And yes, Fenn's almost a certainty, he was one of the most impressive forwards in the GPS last year.

#9,10: Don't know much about Haskins, but I stand by Noonan if he's eligible and Rixon's equally as talented, although Shore might keep him at #15 next season. The GPS 1sts fly-half next year will be interesting, I'm inclined to back Sheldon seeing as he probably would've made 2nds this year if it weren't for his injury, which would put Kuenzle up for candidature for captain of the 2nd XV. AC will probably make GPS, but I doubt it will be the 1st XV.

#11-14: Taukamo at 13 and Wilkinson at 12 would be a far better option, seeing as the former's speciality is the crash-ball and the latter is a converted number 10. Terry over Jaffer-Williams seems fair enough, but it's quite close and I'd imagine the first two games of the season would decide it. Pirina's 3 years in the Riverview 1st XV will also automatically see that he is at least considered.

Cash

Sydney Middleton (9)
Might I add, for the sake of the boys,

* Blaise, not Blaze Barnes
* Taukamo, not Taukoma
* Alec, not Alex Sheldon
* Simonsson, not Simmonson (however I'm guilty of making a similar mistake myself)

Vintage Red

Herbert Moran (7)
Another one:
Might I add, for the sake of the boys,

* Blaise, not Blaze Barnes
* Taukamo, not Taukoma
* Alec, not Alex Sheldon
* Simonsson, not Simmonson (however I'm guilty of making a similar mistake myself)

Angles-Corke, not Angus.

Status
Not open for further replies.