• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Runpasstackle

Overall very poor game. Outside of closeness both teams left plenty out there Too side ways from both 10s to capitalise out wide. Don't get Riverview 12 defending on the wing. Just make 11 piraña your 12 worked much better

View back row much stronger

M

magpie52

To be balanced about it both teams could easily have been 30+ with View leaving points on the field from 3 or 4 missed penalties and conversions and Kings botching 3 or 4 pies. At the end of the day view deserved the win and showed up with their "A" game while Kings didn't. Bring on the rematch at Nth Parra.

Don't really see how Kings could have scored 30+. It was 4 tries to 1 and the only reason Kings remained in the game was because the Riverview kicker missed 5 shots at goal including 3 penalties from pretty much in front.I thought the only real Kings threat was the 15 but in the 2nd half he chose to kick rather than take the line on. Good hard game. Thought there was not much in the forwards but agree Riverview backs were the diff. Will be tougher at Parra.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Don't really see how Kings could have scored 30+. It was 4 tries to 1 and the only reason Kings remained in the game was because the Riverview kicker missed 5 shots at goal including 3 penalties from pretty much in front.I thought the only real Kings threat was the 15 but in the 2nd half he chose to kick rather than take the line on. Good hard game. Thought there was not much in the forwards but agree Riverview backs were the diff. Will be tougher at Parra.

If we are talking woulda, coulda, shouda then kings botched at least 3 tries with dropped balls 5 meters out.... There is a potential 15-21 points.... But alas such talk is absolute bullshit as Kings lost to the better team on the day. Pretty simple really, View didn't kick their goals and kings handling stopped them scoring tries required to take the chockies..... 6 games to go

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
So what odds Scots taking out View next week, at home off the back of wins against New and Joeys. I bet zip. But zip was the prediction if tip comp tips are tallied for last 2 weeks. Possible yes. Probable no. But impossible. No way. Close score at HH today but Scots should have won by a lot more IMO

R

Runpasstackle

How did the a's wash up in Kings vs view. Obviously 1 & 2 and 16s to view. Any others?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
So what odds Scots taking out View next week, at home off the back of wins against New and Joeys. I bet zip. But zip was the prediction if tip comp tips are tallied for last 2 weeks. Possible yes. Probable no. But impossible. No way. Close score at HH today but Scots should have won by a lot more IMO

I think that Scots beating Riverview next week is absolutely possible. Closest competition for years - if anyone has a bad day they'll lose no matter who they play and if any side really puts it all together on the day they could beat any of the other 5.

Short Ball

Allen Oxlade (6)

I've only seen Scots in preseason against Iggies, but this years competition is so even that any game can go either way.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I've only seen Scots in preseason against Iggies, but this years competition is so even that any game can go either way.

Scots seem to have a lot of depth this year in the opens. I've been told by a couple of people that no one will beat their seconds - as the result at HH today would indicate, add to that a solid victory over Joeys in the 1sts and a 1 point loss to a very strong TAS in the 3rds and it sounds very good for the boys from Bellevue Hill.

Hombre

Frank Row (1)
At scots joeys. Scots had forwards ascendency is second half but tactically let joeys stay in the game by pointless and poorly executed kicking. Brian smith (a professional coach) lost his nerve near the end of the game and ran down the sideline to tell his winger and fullback to 'stay tight'. Why didn't I think of that?
This only served to distract the scots players who either could not hear him or could not figure out what he was doing there in the first place.
Can they bring back Blackburn?
Joeys on the other hand have a knack of losing the close ones. There was a time when you could put the house on joeys outlasting their opponents. Will it come back? It's been a while

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)

I think it's eminently possible.
Scots have a solid base.
Potentially the best pack in the competition.
Stable at the set piece with 4 or 5 highly mobile individuals with tremendous work rates.
Their backline defence is good and has been getting better.
They have improved in each successive round so far.
What continues to let them down is their kicking.
Tactically weak and often an ill advised gift of possession back to the opposition.
When they hold on to the ball they wear oppositions down.
An old coach of mine used to rollout a statistic that the team with 60% of possession wins 90% of games. No idea if it's true but I wouldn't be surprised.
If Scots hold on to the ball and run everything they will win next week.
If they kick too often and provide ball in broken play to the talented Riverview backs.....they will lose.
I believe it's entirely in their hands (or not)......

HFTH

Chris McKivat (8)
Don't agree. I thought the forwards game on balance was relatively equal in the set peice and broken play. Kings also secured turnover ball from View. The difference today was in the outside backs. The 5/8 is the same 5/8 that's played all year.

The V outside backs were dangerous especially in the 1h but I think both teams looked dangerous with possession - K in the centre of the field and V out wide. The main problem for K was that they would lose possession due to ineffective clean out in attack.

The K8 (who was probably the best back rower on the field) runs wider in attack. This leaves the K6 and 7 for clean out duties, and they were either: not there first, or they were being pushed off, or they couldn't get the K runner to ground and were being held up. This consistently interrupted the K attack, led to more possession for View and provided the opportunity for the View outside backs to shine.

The K8 stayed tighter in defence than in attack and achieved some good turnovers. He looks more like a 6 or maybe 7 for mine, and I think the real difference between the teams was that there was an imbalance/maybe confusion in the K back row, which gave V greater possession, and interrupted K's attack.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Highlights from the big game, brought to ya by the sidesteppa

Those boys are so good. There is such a difference from when I played all those years ago. I don't know whether to be glad or sad. Rugby was just one thing then, a winter sport. We trained twice a week, played two games a week. I know that I would have benefited from the professional coaching now available, I might even have made the Firsts after almost three years in the seconds, I went from the 15s to the seconds, but still. I'm glad now that I can just enjoy the game

Status
Not open for further replies.