• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)
My point is comparing the calibre of player at Augustine's compared to river view and joeys . As I said the boys in river view and joeys wouldn't get at game in there matts starting team but you will find some of those augs boys will get a start in the rep union teams.
As for suggesting manly Harold matts team is the only place where talented players go is NOT correct , saying that enderman (new), savala(scots), simmy(new) and titmuss are all fair players as well. The quality of players and coaching at ANY of the matts teams is lengths better than what I watched at the rep carnivals with nsw u15s not winning a game . This why little Jonny will get upset this year when the big boys come to town and trial and are too good, I just hope that all the talented matts players trial and get a taste of heavens game and enjoy there experience when making reps next year.

Sorry forgot tom hard castle and ben Collins are fair players as well. Of which Collins Lussick Savala Wilson all played Nswpssa rugby together so not all complete leaguies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
They play union because it's part of their school commitments. Their prime focus is league (nothing wrong with that).

EDIT: And as you are probably aware, one of the boys you mention was brought down from northern NSW by Manly league as a recruit, another boy's father is the coach of Manly Harold Matts and has also coached most of the boys at Beacon Hill league since they started playing.

CB Set

Peter Burge (5)
Does anyone have a list of trials/pre-season matches between GPS, CAS and ISA schools for 2016....?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Thus far:
Shore have trials TAS and Barker
Scots have trials Riverview and Kings
New have trials Waverley and Oakhill
Joeys have trials Marist Can/Pats/Gregs and Knox
Riverview have trials Scots and Waverley
Kings have a trial with Scots
Grammar have trials with Pius and High
Knox have trials with St Augs and Joeys
St Augs have trials with Knox and Eddies
High have trials Pius and Grammar

Competitions for all 3 associations begin May 7.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Were you part of the Sam Burgess advisory team?

He talks as if in this case league player managers are enticing boys away from rugby to league, which doesn't apply at all. They are league kids through and through some of whom have been in Manly league talent programmes for years and others whose parents are heavily involved in coaching Manly league rep teams (current Harold Matts and SG Ball coaches). I'm all for attracting league players to rugby, but in this case anyone trying would be putting in a lot of effort with little hope of success.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He talks as if in this case league player managers are enticing boys away from rugby to league, which doesn't apply at all. They are league kids through and through some of whom have been in Manly league talent programmes for years and others whose parents are heavily involved in coaching Manly league rep teams (current Harold Matts and SG Ball coaches). I'm all for attracting league players to rugby, but in this case anyone trying would be putting in a lot of effort with little hope of success.

Even I recognise some of the league names!

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Can we get back on topic?

Any news from the kings tour?? Who is touring??

I just got back from following the Kings Tour through England (5 games) and Italy two games....7 wins from 7 starts against very tough school boy and regional rep opposition ....outstanding effort by the lads in every game. 30 players went on tour. Details to come as soon as I have a chance to deal with circus that is Christmas

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Folks....A little Wyvern told me that Newington have also just come back from a tour of Europe. Does anyone know if this is correct and the details of how they went?

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Folks..A little Wyvern told me that Newington have also just come back from a tour of Europe. Does anyone know if this is correct and the details of how they went?

Hold the presses....seems it may not have been Newington's opens squad that went O/S....but rather their U16's

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
There should be a lot more schoolboys 10s comps, or matches. It's a much better game for those learning the code than 7s as there're proper scrums and lineouts.

Wasn't there a Macquarie Uni Schoolboys 10s carnival some years ago?

Great idea for schoolboy 7s and 10s tournaments. All schools from any group can put a side in, doesn't matter if they're GPS, CHS etc etc.

I know at least In the mid 90's there was the Schoolboy 10's, hosted at Mac Uni, sponsored by Cathay Pacific! It was shown on channel 10.
I was lucky enough to be part of the winning side in 94 & 95 playing for randwick boys high. In 95 we beat Lloyd Mcdermotts in the semi & Scots in the final. Great tournament and i still have the trophy and photos from the day!

9a6630a6320f0d244f6fd266bacf5a26.jpg
d7287a9552cc3147471fe7baa7471eca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Am I right in saying Newington u16 is not rated as being a strong group (only A's and B's teams fielded)?

Not sure @NIS. Maybe we have a Newington aficionado lurking on the thread who may be able to provide us with their appraisal of the Black and White U16 cohort for this year.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Not sure @NIS. Maybe we have a Newington aficionado lurking on the thread who may be able to provide us with their appraisal of the Black and White U16 cohort for this year.
I seem to remember some discussion about Newington being particularly weak in 1 age group.

Just wondering if that were the case then the trip might have been an attempt to bolster numbers playing rugby in that age group.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Someone told me that their 14s went on a rugby tour to England during the RWC, haven't heard anything about other age groups.

Yes @QH I've also since heard it was a sub U16 group that toured during the recent RWC, although an acquaintance (the owner of the local takeaway shop near my work) mentioned that his 17 year old nephew who goes to New had "just" (Pre-Christmas) come back from a school rugby Tour of Europe. So the mystery deepens.

Seems New supporters on this thread will neither confirm or deny....

Status
Not open for further replies.