• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby U/16 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysik

Stan Wickham (3)
How the squads are shaping up this year.
Teams to look out for this year

SCOTS: I heard theres a good side this year. Hard to say though becuase they havent had a full teams since U/14s (Glengary)

Riverview: Very competitive this year, as always.

Shore: A lot of U/15 NSW player should have a good season.

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
Scots will have a fantastic side. As U13's and U/14's I'm pretty certain they were unbeaten, and even in the Glengarry year last year they did well. Plus I hear there are some very talented new boys in that age group.

Shore will be tough to beat with all the Mosman players in it, weren't almost all of them NSW age players?

How does Riverview do it? They don't seem to rigorously select for rugby talent yet they come up with very good teams year in, year out.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Scots will have a fantastic side. As U13's and U/14's I'm pretty certain they were unbeaten, and even in the Glengarry year last year they did well. Plus I hear there are some very talented new boys in that age group.

Shore will be tough to beat with all the Mosman players in it, weren't almost all of them NSW age players?

How does Riverview do it? They don't seem to rigorously select for rugby talent yet they come up with very good teams year in, year out.
hey freddo where did these new boys come from? Is it just a coincidence that they will improve scots rugby?

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
Inside Shoulder I heard at least one boy was approached at a rugby carnival (possibly State, not certain), and there are some other athletic boys who have arrived at Scots this year in Yr 10 who look good with ball in hand. It was already a talented year group so I guess once team lists are sorted we'll know a bit more about their level of talent on the field.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Riverview - underfeated over the past 3 years, lots of boys from the dominate Gordon and Norths sides. This year looks like they will lose some key players including Bill Freeman, Tom Molloy and Hosea Fotokuva to opens. Could be finally beat.

Joeys - been the team closest to riverview. As usual not many boys who play club footy but players to watch include props Tierney Glasson and Marcus Cutler, halfback Matt Rodgers and star centre Tim McCutcheon. Lost by a point in the trials, 16 in the comp game but had a lot of injuries and have a great chance of getting riverview this year.

Shore - also have a lot of boys from the Gordon and Norths sides and have been very competitive. NSW players Jum Woodhill, Harry Emery and the Clancy brothers in the side. could finish anywhere in the top 4.

Scots - dont know where Freddo got the underfeated stat from, maybe you were thinking of the year group above ? Angus Critchon is by far the best player at Scots and could be lost to opens. Although there are a few great players who 'some how' ended up there this year, because of them theyll probably end up 3rd or 4th.

Kings - Pretty average side really, almost a one man team with however five eight James Kane plays determining how they go. Played pretty well to beat Joeys in the trial last year, do that for a whole season and could go close to doing it again.

Newington - been pretty bad throught the age groups, may have even lost to Grammar last year. We all know what happens at Newington around year 10 and could actually have a good side this year.

kerser2

Bob McCowan (2)
Scots will win the comp this year regardless of the new students who are nothing more than solid.
Scots have a beast forward pack and a threatening backline.

Scots to the fore.
what i have seen over the last few years is scots has one good forward, and their backs are not at the standard of the other GPS schools

B

Baza Bush

Joeys 16As
1. Tierney Glasson - NSW U/15s
2. Pat O'Doherty
3. Max Behan
4. Koim Wingti/Alistar Enzerik
5. Nick Findlay- Gordan
6. Josh Canturi - MSZ u/15s
7. Mitch O'Neill
8. Lachie Macdonald - MWZ
9. Matthew Rodgers/Will Mcdonell
10. Conor O'Shea - Roosters Harold Matts
11. Latrell Robinson - Souths Harold Matts
12. Harry Spurr - MWZ
13. Tim McCutcheon - constantly the best back in the age group
14. Matthew Moxon
15. Mason Cohen/Braidon Burns

i am baffled as to why some are picking Scots as the favourites ? i understand that they have import heavily but there side over the last few years have been average at best. Not up to Riverviews, Joeys and Shores standard

Conor O'Shea did trial for the Roosters Harold Matts but did not make it into the team, he got cut at the trials.

B

Baza Bush

what i have seen over the last few years is scots has one good forward, and their backs are not at the standard of the other GPS schools
Keser you are obviously not watching the games, they have a very talented pack, including Chris Noon, Ian McLennan, Ryan West and Chris Epakis

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Keser you are obviously not watching the games, they have a very talented pack, including Chris Noon, Ian McLennan, Ryan West and Chris Epakis
There pack is talented but not as strong as Riverview, Joeys and Shore and this has shown in previous years. A lot of talk around Joeys about Jackson Dowling, at Scots from Port Macquire and apparently a very good flanker, any news on him?

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
have joeys lost any players, there are a few new names there?
Five-eight Reegan Carr has recently left and there is alot of talk around a possible more to five eight for front rower Sam Plunkett. Shown amazing amounts of co-ordination and dropped a lot of weight over the summer, very light on his feet and could look to take out the vacant spot.

M

matt burker

From what i have being hearing there is a South African import by the name of yves. he is Supposedly the best prop to come out.

M

matt burker

I have seen the Scots back line improve over the years. with the combination of matt mackinley, sam Tabuatamata and many others. these two players have a very impact on the ream

B

Baza Bush

Predictions:

1st. Scots (x factor - Aiden Brown, Angus Crichton, Logan Boyd, Matt McKinley, Tobias Rudolf - and some other imports to look out for)

2nd. View (Like to see how they imported, hard to tell but i think they will have a good season as always)

3rd. Joeys (always a strong side, Tierney Glasson, Tim McCutcheon)

4th. Shore (have some good players, hard to pick)

5th. Kings (average age group, could do better)

6th. New (might have some young talent coming through, hard to tell)

7th. Grammar (always very poor)

8th. High (studying for the maths exam)

B

Baza Bush

There pack is talented but not as strong as Riverview, Joeys and Shore and this has shown in previous years. A lot of talk around Joeys about Jackson Dowling, at Scots from Port Macquire and apparently a very good flanker, any news on him?
He is a scrum half, has not played much rugby union before being a league player. Seems promising

Status
Not open for further replies.