• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby U/16 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sydneybra

In the 16A's Scots vs New game I noticed No. 5 Toby Rudolph having a great, strong game in both attack and defence, good work rate and great over the balls, won some good line outs as well. No. 15 Guy Porter, who is 15 playing up an age, was in my opinion man of the match doing basically every thing. He bagged two or three tries and was rock solid in defence. Has quite a nice pass as well. No 10 is also 15, good ball playing 5/8 Jack Maddocks

Warwick

Peter Burge (5)
Well said random2, down in Canberra the school sides play club sides in an established competition structure without this joint /club structure the schools would be playing each other every three weeks. Like you I feel Western Sydney is one area where the NSW Rugby Union should invest widely in junior club rugby. This club format would be based on an format like the GPS/CAS/ISA schools of 13s to 16s, then an open division. This would lend itself to matching boys of the same age. The club sides need to be directly run by the parent club who supply coaches, conduct training, provide Refs and lend their grounds out to their juniors. This does happen but it tends to be a representive side. What Sydney junior club needs to do is match the league competitions like Jersey Fegg & SG Ball. Professionally run it could provide alternative opposition to GPS schools in trials and bye games. But above all it would allow Boys not attending GPS to play quality rugby against GPS schools. One can only hope as Sydney junior is more geared to Schools.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
Scots 24 - Newington 5.
Jackson Dowling (Wing) 2 tries, Guy Porter (FB) 1 try and Aiden Brown (Prop) 1 try.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
Any other results ?? It's difficult at times with only three schools posting results each week. One of the sports masters told me that the 16's was "not a real competition" and declined to give me any information as I was not a parent of their esteemed establishment. (all I wanted was the score for one match) Must be tough taking the high ground all the time.

old fella

Stan Wickham (3)
Kings 30-Grammar 0. Grammar players reported that the Kings forwards played with the most intensity they had experienced this year. Three early quick tries to Kings put the matter beyond doubt. Grammar then rallied reasonably well but they were disappointed with the score. The Kings fullback was outstanding and a substantial difference between the teams. It seems that the Kings ethos of not taking 16's up into the opens has served them well.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Jasdec; if you refer to each School's website you can pick up the scores for all of their respective teams with the occasional commentary. Have a look in their weekly publication. Outstanding contributor here is Newington who provide an updated summary of their results. The other score not mentioned to date in this G&G blog was the Shore v SIC game. Shore won 10-5 at home.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
after Rd4 (18-Aug)
2756980.jpg

Warwick

Peter Burge (5)
Newington also provide a weekly rugby report featuring team results and a good write up of 1st,2nd & 3rd XV matches. I don't know if its possible but maybe the rugby supporters group could forward this newsletter to Green & Gold GPS rugby Forum. I know who to contact and will seek to do so. It maybe only available to paid members of the Rugby Supporters Group. One can only try, no pun intended.
Or as William Webb Ellis said on that faithful day at Rugby School after picking up the ball and running with it, despite it being against the rules, SIR, was that a goal , upon which the supervising Master said "No Ellis, but it was a good Try".

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Your Table is incorrect. Grammar defeated Newington 22-0. If Newington chose to send some 16 B players that is their issue. You should not deliberately distort the facts. The points shoud be in the diff.

I believe we must use verifiable facts for any reporting of "fact" in these pages.

The Newington sporting hierarchy PLUS The Armidale School have both publicly reported that their respective U16As team played each other that day. This leaves Grammar playing the Bs as reported. Also, throughout the season TAS has correctly identified which team their 16A's have played (eg. SIC16Cs, TKS 16Bs etc).

Considering Grammar only just beat TAS 16A's (12-10) maybe we need to clarify with Grammar that their school management chose not to play New's top team in fear of facing some BIG boys (winter scheduling is normally done in prior year Term 4).

I am sorry if this score is being relied upon to reflect Grammar's competency this season.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
Scores for the first 4 rounds of the not recognised competition. Any corrections?
28/07/2012
Shore 5 Kings 15
St Josephs 26 St Ignatius 5
Grammar 22 Newington 0
Scots Bye

4/08/2012
Scots 22 St Josephs 18
St Ignatius 12 Grammar 12
Kings 56 Newington 7
Shore Bye

11/08/2012
Newington 5 St Josephs 20
Grammar 5 Shore 7
St Ignatius 7 Scots 22
Kings Bye

18/08/2012
Shore 10 St Ignatius 5
Kings 30 Grammar 0
Scots 24 Newington 5
St Josephs Bye

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Scores for the first 4 rounds of the not recognised competition. Any corrections?
28/07/2012
Shore 5 Kings 15
St Josephs 26 St Ignatius 5
Grammar As 22 Newington 16Bs 0
Newington As 12 TAS As 10
Scots Bye

4/08/2012
Scots 22 St Josephs 18
St Ignatius 12 Grammar 12
Kings 56 Newington 7
Shore Bye

11/08/2012
Newington 5 St Josephs 20
Grammar 5 Shore 7
St Ignatius 5 Scots 22
Kings Bye

18/08/2012
Shore 10 St Ignatius 5
Kings 30 Grammar 0
Scots 24 Newington 5
St Josephs Bye

Think About Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
I believe we must use verifiable facts for any reporting of "fact" in these pages..

So that the FACT that the team that newington sent got beaten by Grammar does not count just because of what? Newington supporters dont like the truth? This forum is destined for the rubbish bin if there is not more decency in the world than that. Your table is false. Stand up and take it and change your approach.

Think About Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)

Fairly poor form to alter the text of a quote to suit your fairytale!.

Rather than suggest as you do later that Grammar were afraid of BIG boys others may think that Newington had heard the Grammar 16's were improving. During the 13-15 yrs these team were close. It would not fit the image to be beaten by Grammar so change the rules to suit yourself. Send most of your A team away, hope for some luck - alas no- so the next best thing make up your own points table and leave teams that beat you out!!!! What a wonderful deluded world it is!

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
It is very difficult to put a table together given what has happened in round 1. Do we include TAS in the table as a separate team or disregard any results from that quarter all together and take the results fom any team that played Grammar on face value. I know that Scots will be sending a composite A/B team to TAS made up entirely of boarders from the current 16A/B/C's with the remainder of the team (majority) playing Grammar. If this eventuates then I would be using the results from the Scots V Grammar game not the Scots V TAS game.

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
Some good points argued...along with counter arguments.

As Grammar are IN the 'A' comp (this year) and not TAS and assuming that Grammar's sport hierarchy did not request to not play NC As I will republish the non-competition table. If this is not the case then in most comps that team would forfeit the comp points.

In support of the Grammar players in that they merely play whoever shows up then their points should count. I accept they cannot be 'penalised' if an opposition team changes its composition or has injuries or has players in the Opens or has players away at Glengarry etc.

These ambiguities reinforce the difficulties that AAGPS Convenors are having in trying to determine the way ahead. Needless to say, in giving Grammar the "benefit of the doubt" I will republish the table.

Think About Rugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Some good points argued.along with counter arguments.

As Grammar are IN the 'A' comp (this year) and not TAS and assuming that Grammar's sport hierarchy did not request to not play NC As I will republish the non-competition table. If this is not the case then in most comps that team would forfeit the comp points.

In support of the Grammar players in that they merely play whoever shows up then their points should count. I accept they cannot be 'penalised' if an opposition team changes its composition or has injuries or has players in the Opens or has players away at Glengarry etc.

These ambiguities reinforce the difficulties that AAGPS Convenors are having in trying to determine the way ahead. Needless to say, in giving Grammar the "benefit of the doubt" I will republish the table.
Appreciate the considered approach here. Totally agree the conveyors have some issues to work to do to improve this.

K

kbw

Fairly poor form to alter the text of a quote to suit your fairytale!.

Rather than suggest as you do later that Grammar were afraid of BIG boys others may think that Newington had heard the Grammar 16's were improving. During the 13-15 yrs these team were close. It would not fit the image to be beaten by Grammar so change the rules to suit yourself. Send most of your A team away, hope for some luck - alas no- so the next best thing make up your own points table and leave teams that beat you out!!!! What a wonderful deluded world it is!

You are a halfwit.
Is your world so poor that it will come crashing down if the Grammer U16s are not given points.
The Grammar U16s are playing very well this year and good one them. What they don't deserve is a blinkered moron like you carrying on , on their behalf.
Get a grip on something that is remotely close to reality, this is U16s rugby, hardly life or death

Status
Not open for further replies.