• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CHS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McLean (32)
Yes Jake is his son

Gotta love rugby pedigree! His old man was definitely a victim of political selections. Only played one test for Australia, did nothing wrong IMO, and never seen another a much coveted gold jersey again! However he got one where many others never did, he just deserved a few more!

Played against him once in a trial when I was a young pup and he was about 90 years old or there abouts. I made the mistake of pulling his pony tail, and later on he showed my back how many studs he had on his boots, about tens times in the same ruck in fact ... Ah the good old days when shit like that was what actually made the game fun in a round about way!

Enough said! Is he looking as good as, or better than his old man?

A

Anonymous

Enough said! Is he looking as good as, or better than his old man?
I never had the opportunity to watch 'Chewy' play, but his son is certainly talented. Yet somehow think the family name has given him an advantage when it comes to rep honors, but in saying that definitely one of the better hookers running around!!!

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I never had the opportunity to watch 'Chewy' play, but his son is certainly talented. Yet somehow think the family name has given him an advantage when it comes to rep honors, but in saying that definitely one of the better hookers running around!!!
Could scrummage and bend you saw you looked at your 2nd row, great body height when he hit the ruck you knew he was there. Didn't say much. Didn't need to. A man of the game and had "no Sh*t" in him. A good man in all facets. I've not seen the lad play, but great pedigree and if you think 2blues could give you a leg up?

Bill McLean (32)
BTW can anyone offer some insight into how CHS are shaping up this year? They held GPS to a draw last year and beat all others in their path and I am hoping (for the sake of rugby in western Sydney) that they emulate this feat; perhaps even that last little step further!

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)
"There is a heavy representation from Sydney East and North Coast this year because they were 2 of the better teams." - Mr Bump.

I was in Dubbo for the trials and I have to disagree in part with Mr Bump's statement. I thought the two teams from the North did well and it was great to see country teams doing such a great job. North Coast certainly played some good rugby. Sydney East however I believe finished in the bottom half of the draw and although I know that players like their number 7, Brandon, are great I felt the whole team was sub par and there is a massive over representation of Endeavour Boys. I think I am correct in saying there are only 3 Hills and 0 Westfields inclusions in the opens.

What was most disappointing was the lack of selections from Sydney South West who finished 3rd and, I could be wrong, had no selections in the CHS team. My son played for Sydney West who had a few selections and were, I am sure unlucky, in a few other positions to miss out.

There are always going to be discussions and although I do not agree with a number of selections, you would never take away the opportunity for those who are in the team to do well. I felt that some of the better younger boys may have been overlooked perhaps because they will be in the running next year. Selections were not based on performance during the Dubbo carnival, some boys selected, as good as they are, were anonymous during the carnival.

That said good luck to them.

an observer

Herbert Moran (7)
BTW can anyone offer some insight into how CHS are shaping up this year?

CHS I defeated CCC 36 - 3 at Hills Grammar on Sunday. CHS II also won convincingly. Definitely some strong players amongst the mix playing some excellent rugby. IMO they (CHS) are once again a strong contender.

Bill McLean (32)
"There is a heavy representation from Sydney East and North Coast this year because they were 2 of the better teams." - Mr Bump.

I was in Dubbo for the trials and I have to disagree in part with Mr Bump's statement ... ... Sydney East however I believe finished in the bottom half of the draw and although I know that players like their number 7, Brandon, are great I felt the whole team was sub par ... ... What was most disappointing was the lack of selections from Sydney South West who finished 3rd and, I could be wrong, had no selections ... ... My son played for Sydney West ... ... That said good luck to them.

Thanks LT!

Your assessment of Paenga-Amosa is correct. He has been a great back rower for a while now and made the SJRU team in both 2011 and 2012.

If my memory serves me correctly I believe your boy played in the U/16 NSWSRU team last year, am I correct!

I too agree with your assessment of the selections. I am interested in particular as to how the inside (possibly outside) centre for Sydney West faired in the trials. His name is Brandon Mafi. Numerous rep honours over the years, including U/17 SJRU in 2011 and Bulldogs SG Ball this year. Plays colts for Sydney Uni.

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)
Yes Newbie, you have a great memory, my son did play for NSW U/16 last year.

Brandon Mafi has had an ankle injury for the past 2 months and is only just starting to get back to fitness so he did not go to Dubbo. My boy played ever minute of the tournament and it was suggested that his omission from the CHS squad was (in part) as a result of him playing 4, 5, 7 and 8 and not being set in one position. He is only in year 11, so looking forward to state champs this weekend and then we will do it all again next year!

I am sure Brandon would have been selected. My son has just gone to Hills Sports High this year with Brandon and he should be back for their clash with Endeavour in a week or so.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
They were cutting back after last Sunday trial. A few boys have had the phone call letting them know they have progressed.Cannot find an announced team as yet though.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Dont know many of the Under 18's but familiar with some 16's.
Under 15;'s NSW Junior Waratah team players:
Joey Fittock - outside centre or winger. Speed cupped with fantastic hands and balance - reds the game like a book.
Ben Crerar
Jack Cohen Fullback
Sione Afu Winger
Other players to keep and eye on include
Lapana Vitale - ARU/JGS NSWCountry 2012,2011, 2010, Strong, fit versatile player Plays 8, 7 and 6 with amazing leg drive.
Tommy Sawden all over the field and into everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.