• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CHS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Phil (Ofiu) Manukue from Plumpton HS is a tall, athletic second rower and has been in fine form for West Harbour 1st Colts, so he is one to watch. Will be pushing NSW

He looked like one of the best in the CHS team v CAS.

R

rugbymumma

Sydney east had how many endeavour sports boy selected 8 and ssw not 1 how is it that Sydney east came 7th and Sydney south west 3rd somethings not right with this the westfields sports boys were ripped off as at least 3 off them should have been playing chs

R

rugbymumma

It's interesting that the coach is from the Illawarra, probably explains the heavy Shire representation (and perhaps the lack of very talented and experienced 'Dual Codies' from western Sydney).

R

rugbymumma

The endeavour sports coach is the Sydney east coast emmmmmmm

Wannabe Selector

Frank Nicholson (4)
I have gone through all this, it will never end, my kids have now been and gone and all play rugby overseas and 2 of mine all played NSW CHS through Westfields Sports in the Hugh Carpenter era, Sanix World Cup winners and winners of the Waratah Shield. We need to get in with what all other schools are doing and import. Can someone please talk to the rugby organizers at Westfields before its too late. Bring back Westfields Rugby!!!!!!!

R

rugbymumma

The Sydney south west boys had no one go in for them, every other team had some one who could Stand up and say blahhhh blahhhh blahhhhh and from what it seems the Sydney east team had all the luck on the day... Westfields sports is a fine breeding ground for young talent , but the passion for the game has gone and no one seems to give a dam this is why rugby in Aussie is in the state it in my boys also was lucky to be at westfields sports when Hugh Carpenter was there and when he left so did the passion!!!"

Bill McLean (32)
The Sydney south west boys had no one go in for them, every other team had some one who could Stand up and say blahhhh blahhhh blahhhhh and from what it seems the Sydney east team had all the luck on the day. Westfields sports is a fine breeding ground for young talent , but the passion for the game has gone and no one seems to give a dam this is why rugby in Aussie is in the state it in my boys also was lucky to be at westfields sports when Hugh Carpenter was there and when he left so did the passion!!!"

I have to emphatically agree here! I remember watching a game in 2006 at Granville when Westfields took on Granville BHS at the Two Blues home ground!

At the time Westfields had a few boys in the NSW and Australian team and Granville had one Australian rep too. The rugby was high quality and it was also a bruising encounter!

At the time I vivdly remember turning to my friend and saying, "I wonder if the GPS schools would be willing to take one of these teams on". His response were words to the effect of "I don't even think the Wallabies would want to take this lot on".

There were some units running around on that day!

Sydney Rugby tragic

Peter Burge (5)
I know Paul Ridgway very well, he's a first class coach, he'll work very well with Paul Kipp, both will handle 16 year old boys well (keep them focussed). I think this U16 team is in with a good chance.

Names to watch Tommy Sawden, Raui Poaru and Ben Horton all from the Illawarra team all very good players with a good future (only question is in league or union??), and Lapana Vitale from the Central Coast.

Does anyone know if Jackson Hastings tried out for CHS U16?

Sydney Rugby tragic

Peter Burge (5)
I know Paul Ridgway very well, he's a first class coach, he'll work very well with Paul Kipp, both will handle 16 year old boys well (keep them focussed). I think this U16 team is in with a good chance.

Names to watch Tommy Sawden, Raui Poaru and Ben Horton all from the Illawarra team all very good players with a good future (only question is in league or union??), and Lapana Vitale from the Central Coast.

Hastings was sadly missed.
I agree Tommy Sawden very good talent with
the right coaching could go all the way.Disgraceful omission
from CHS team

Does anyone know if Jackson Hastings tried out for CHS U16?

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I have to emphatically agree here! I remember watching a game in 2006 at Granville when Westfields took on Granville BHS at the Two Blues home ground!

At the time Westfields had a few boys in the NSW and Australian team and Granville had one Australian rep too. The rugby was high quality and it was also a bruising encounter!

At the time I vivdly remember turning to my friend and saying, "I wonder if the GPS schools would be willing to take one of these teams on". His response were words to the effect of "I don't even think the Wallabies would want to take this lot on".

There were some units running around on that day!

I was coaching at a CHS regional tournament a few years ago and a NSW schools rep and very respected coach told me the fortunes of CHS were heavily dependent on how the SSW zone team played. If they were strong then CHS would be also.
I do not know what happened to their program but they dont seem to have a focus on Rugby anymore. Between 2003 and 2008 they had 8 Aust schools reps. The cupboard has been a bit bare since then.
Leon Bott, Ben Coridis, Rodney and Lamarn Ma'a, Sitiveni Mafi, Jason Hopkins, Shannon Proctor and Jeremy Su'a being the players. All but Bott would have been in that team that you saw that day at Granville.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Found this on the ARU site: http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/1699/ArticleID/7205/Default.aspx
Anyone at that game?

NSW Combined High Schools fall to Tongan Schools
7/19/2012
By ARU Media Unit
imageResize.ashx
Tongan Schools have wrapped up their tour of Australia with two wins and two losses, following a resounding 57-17 win over NSW Combined High Schools at Forshaw Rugby Park on Tuesday.
The Tongans showed steely determination to ensure they finished their tour of Australia with a balanced record.
An entertaining clash saw the Tongans run in nine tries to three against the NSW Combined High Schools side, which is selected from across NSW state high schools.
The game was close early on, with NSW CHS closing the gap to 7-5 in the first half, but the Tongan Schools eventually bounded away to a 19-5 lead at half time.
NSW CHS fought back early in the second half to close the gap to 26-12, but it was as close as they got.
Outside centre Siosifa Lisala was named Tongan Schools’ best player for his hat-trick performance, while NSW CHS scrumhalf Zeb Buchanan earned the honours for his side.
The Tongan Schools team started its tour of Australia in successful fashion, defeating the Australian Schools Rugby Union President’s XV 36-13 on the final day of the Novotel Australian Schools Rugby Championship.
The following two games weren’t as successful for the tourists falling 29-5 to Australia A Schools at St. Ignatius’ College, Riverview last Wednesday before a convincing 70-13 defeat at the hands of the Australian Schoolboys at St. Mary’s Leagues Stadium last Saturday.
The result wrapped up the Australian Schools Rugby Union schedule for July, with a new squad due to be selected in mid-August for a tour of Fiji and New Zealand.
The Australian Schoolboys touring party will be named on Tuesday 14 August and will travel to Fiji for two fixtures.
They will meet the Fijian President’s XV in Nadi on 22 September before facing the Fijian Schools in Lautoka on 25 September.
The squad will then travel to New Zealand where they will face the New Zealand Barbarians in Auckland on 29 September.
They will also play Samoan Schools in Hamilton on 2 October before returning to Auckland to take on the New Zealand Schools on 6 October to conclude the tour.

Tongan Schools 57 def. NSW CHS 17
Tongan Schools tries - Kimami Pasili Moala, Sateki Vakalahi, Sunita Palu Fihaki (2), Shinnosuke Tu’umoto’oa (2), Siosifa Lisala (3).
Tongan Schools conversions - Mosese Latu (6).
NSW CHS tries - Sione Tangi, Zeb Buchanan, Justin Dinopoulos.
NSW CHS conversion - John Porch.

Status
Not open for further replies.