• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boof

Ward Prentice (10)
Thought it may be about time we had some where to discuss and support our country juniors. Can anyone share the goings on with different age groups and results.

Hugie

Ted Fahey (11)
Thanks for doing this Boof NSW Country juniors is an area that really needs a lot of work.

The U18s is a difficult group given HSC, and the schools comp. and the strange invention of a "traditional Sydney vs Country" game.

The U18s played ACT Brumbies development team in Canberra a couple of weeks ago and got thoroughly thrashed, however it was a good development game for them. As the game went on different combinations and patterns were used and the flow of points was slowed to a trickle. Playing hard rugby is really the best training.

Last weekend they played Bond Uni. Colts which was a scrappy game (I'm told) but a big step up by the boys. Lost 17 to 15 with a number points left on the field.

Whilst this team is a bit of a rag tag collection it still has some grunt in it:

Gareth Thomas (NSW U17s)
Lachlan King (NSW U17s, CCC Opens)
Kieren Bonin (NSW U17s, CHS, Combined States)
Gia Gunten (NSW U17s)
Ted Pye (NSW u17s, CCC opens) I rate as the best U18s half in NSW.
Ben Ridgway (CHS opens)

U18s aren't playing Sydney in Tamworth (26th July) with the others as it clashes with HSC trials, playing 13th July. I'm pushing for "Rugby in the vineyard".
In fact I think all Sydney vs Country games should be "Rugby in the Vineyards".

Boof

Ward Prentice (10)
This age is always a throw together age group for many reasons particularly for the country lads I think, or those not in a school rugby system. We need our senior clubs involved with them to retain their interest. It would be a great oppurtunity for this age group to be working with the Country 20s and opens.

Hugie

Ted Fahey (11)
Boof I think they heard you, before you even said it. I'm sure that it is no coincidence that the assistant Country Colts coach is the U18s coach. I'm sure that they are sussing U18s for their Colts development squad.

Boof

Ward Prentice (10)
Great news, Colts coach Matt Thomas is very pro junior development, lets hope it all comes off. There maybe be a country academy on the way !

Team Manager

Bob McCowan (2)
I've been told that the NSW City v Country U18's clash will be held in Newcastle on the weekend of 12/13 July. The change was due to the players sitting their HSC Trials.

I believe that this is the first time in (?) number of years (if ever) that there has been an U18 City v Country game, which is very promising.

Also word is there were some huge scores in favour of Country against the Gold Coast teams in the younger age groups.

As an ex-Country participant, I'm very glad to see them have a Thread.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm hoping that the demise of Country Schools, and introduction of NRC and JGC will see a realignment and rationalisation of "the pathway" so that there is a clearer link between junior village club, colts and senior footy into the NRC, with representative footy at levels that lead to Colts, NSW Country and NRC.

Resources are too scarce, and distances are too large, to have kids charging off everywhere on the whims of individual administrative bodies.

Boof

Ward Prentice (10)
I've been told that the NSW City v Country U18's clash will be held in Newcastle on the weekend of 12/13 July. The change was due to the players sitting their HSC Trials.

I believe that this is the first time in (?) number of years (if ever) that there has been an U18 City v Country game, which is very promising.

Also word is there were some huge scores in favour of Country against the Gold Coast teams in the younger age groups.

As an ex-Country participant, I'm very glad to see them have a Thread.

17s up 60-5 at the Gold Coast

Team Manager

Bob McCowan (2)
Speaking to one of the U18's and his parents this morning who said that the coach has been trying different combinations as he has about 28 players on his list. Apparently he had to call in a few extras when the CCC and CHS boys were at the trials, and now he has to cut some. The player had read the previous posts and both him and his father agreed with Hugie's comment on Ted Pye being, "I rate as the best U18s half in NSW". It was also mentioned that "Gia Gunten" should be "Jai Gunton", who was their captain against ACT and Bond.

The U18s are definitely playing the Sydney boys in Newcastle on the last weekend of the school holidays and have a tour set for Argentina at the end of the year.

I wish them all the best!

Team Manager

Bob McCowan (2)
These are the team lists that were published on the NSWCJRU website after the various championships. Unfortunately there was no team list for the Under 18s, I will keep looking. If anyone else has the Under 18s list please publish it as I would be interested to see who is on it and from where they came.
Under 14s Junior Cockatoos Team Announced

Published: Tuesday, 06 May 2014 22:28

ZONE NAME

CC Blake Leccas
CC Jordan Te-Wani
FNC Lachlan Arthur
FNC Mitchell Brown
FNC Lewis Cooper
FNC Jake Pennisi
Hunter Daniel Burls
Hunter Benjamen Dyson
Hunter Riley Mitchell
Hunter Patrick White
Illawarra Bailey Antrobus
Illawarra Joseph Dickson
Illawarra Cian Duffy
Illawarra Sione Lufe
Illawarra Kurtis Morrin
Illawarra Ruatapu Ngatikaura
Illawarra Henry Puhotau
Illawarra Netane Talanoa
Illawarra Terence Toomata
Illawarra Joshua Tuialii
Illawarra William Valevatu
Illawarra Brett Wellington
MNC Jack Winchester

Under 15s Junior Cockatoos Team Announced

Published: Tuesday, 06 May 2014 22:30

ZONE NAME

CC Oliver Dark
CC Daniel king
CC Lachlan Meachem
CC Matthew Polmear
CC Chase Yeadon
CN Bowen Abra
CW Lincoln Blackhall
CW Billy Carberry
CW Jakob Styles
CW Joel Thomas
CW Hunter Ward
Hunter Davis Harara
Hunter Liam Kelly
Hunter Connor Lynch
Hunter Eli Mcculloch
Hunter Connor Mulhearn
Hunter Joshua Raftos
Hunter Max Swanenberg
MNC Angus Hickey
MNC Declan Leaney
MNC Andrew Martyn
MNC Cooper Taekata
NE Percy Duncan

2014 NCWCJRU Under 16's
ZONE NAME
CC Deahn Wanstall
ILL Blake Schoup
CC Dan Matthew
ILL Brendan Neville
ILL John-Wesley Boath-Moananu
HUNT Jaeger Collins
HUNT Ethan Fray
ILL Brandon Faavae-Eli
HUNT Max Stafford
HUNT Darcy Searl
HUNT Lachlan Milton
HUNT James Robinson
HUNT Hayden Thompson
ILL Puruata Tuapou
HUNT Taulogo Lalaga
CC Benjamin Shelley
ILL Netane Masima
ILL Raka Poaru
HUNT Cameron Manning
HUNT Nikolas Sykiotis
ILL Rhys Robinson
HUNT Kade Robinson
ILL James Jagot
HUNT Zachary Wilson

2014 NCWCJRU Under 17's
ZONE NAME
CW Nicholas Cushan
ILL Jay Spencer
HUNT Harry Johnson-Holmes
HUNT Lane Thomas
HUNT Alex Hills
ILL Simiki Lufe
CC Eamon Molenaar
ILL Jordan Ieremia
ILL Josh Noonan
CC Joshua Thorndyke
ILL Brodie Ford
HUNT Isaac Enright
ILL William Latu
HUNT Kaden Ramplin-Smith
HUNT Joseph Woods
CC Maxwell Stewart
ILL Angus Clark
CN Nicholas McCrohon
ILL Brad Hauville
ILL James Finch
CN Micah Scarth
CC Alexander Dark
CC Shaun Townsend

Boof

Ward Prentice (10)
Looking forward to Country testing themselves against ACT, hope they provide a bit more resistance than the Gold Coast teams. These Rep sides should be about testing your self against the best opposition out there.

Boof

Ward Prentice (10)
^^^^^
Could you please forward this to scots college for next years enrolment forms?

Take this to the other thread, this thread was put up to discuss and support Country teams and players alike. I think most country supporters would like to keep this garbage separate and let the players have the stage.

Sydney Rugby tragic

Peter Burge (5)
Where would they get the Sydney u-18s from?
Country. U-20s played a Waratahs development Sydney colts team a cpl of weeks ago and got beat. Most of the Sydney boys were 17/18yr & only got put together that morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugie

Ted Fahey (11)
Sydney Rugby Tragic, I haven't watched any Sydney Colts this year (plenty of Illawarra and Country).

I've just looked at the Sydney U18 team and noticed a couple of names. Is the Jayden (half back) the Campbelltown 1/2 I know? If so the Sydney vs Country game will be worth watching for the battle of halfbacks alone. Kieran Bonin vs Jack Margin another good match up in the lineouts.

I know a lot of the Illawarra/Country boys have gone to Sydney we would love to have them back, but that's life. But as I said above we have kept a good core and back filled with some handy players.

Status
Not open for further replies.