• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewMacca

Chris McKivat (8)
I repeat my comment I made on cas forum . Can't these schools submit results to Buddha . So it is easier scope out top of the table clashes in younger age groups

For instance sounds like last weeks joeys v view 15a is a usual arm wrestle . 2 draws over last two meetings, unless I am mistaken

And this week scots v newington 14s might be a good game

What happened to that kid Tyrone taukamo . Is whatever newington team he is in terrorising teams?

The 16 A's have won a 2 and lost 1 i think, victories against Shore and Iggies and a loss against Kings, I also think they lost to Joeys in pre-season, he has become less of a focal point in attack for them with other good players popping there heads up

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Whilst it appears from the recent comments in this thread that across the schools (with a couple of exceptions) there is a general movement away from rugby to soccer/AFL. However, we also need to take into account that total school enrollments will also limit the number of teams a given school can put on the paddock.

Based on number of teams playing rugby/soccer the total number of school teams are:
J 57
Shore 59
I 63 (not including AFL)
K 59
S 52
N 57
A 30
G 42
H 42

Those schools with larger student numbers will always have logistical issues with ensuring their players in the lower grades get a game each week, regardless of whether they decide to keep the 3rd & 5th XV comp beyond 2015.

I also think that we over estimate the success or otherwise of a school's 1st XV on the decision making of younger boys to play rugby or not. I think the perceived risk of injury (whether valid or not) plays a part in parents influence on their kids to not play rugby.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Whilst it appears from the recent comments in this thread that across the schools (with a couple of exceptions) there is a general movement away from rugby to soccer/AFL. However, we also need to take into account that total school enrollments will also limit the number of teams a given school can put on the paddock.

Based on number of teams playing rugby/soccer the total number of school teams are:
J 57
Shore 59
I 63 (not including AFL)
K 59
S 52
N 57
A 30
G 42
H 42

Those schools with larger student numbers will always have logistical issues with ensuring their players in the lower grades get a game each week, regardless of whether they decide to keep the 3rd & 5th XV comp beyond 2015.

I also think that we over estimate the success or otherwise of a school's 1st XV on the decision making of younger boys to play rugby or not. I think the perceived risk of injury (whether valid or not) plays a part in parents influence on their kids to not play rugby.
Anecdotally I think that afl is churning out its fair share of concussions, knee and shoulder injuries. Hard to get a sense of injuries in soccer, although I do hear that getting whacked with a handbag might hurt a bit.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

J 57 - 1056 Students (7-12)
Shore 59 - 1580 Students (K-12)
I 63 (not including AFL) 1558 students (5-12)
K 59 - 1527 students (K-12)
S 52 - 1810 Students (K-12)
N 57 - 1884 Students (K-12) - (1239 Students adjusted for 7-12 only)
A 30 - 588 Students (K-12)
G 42 - 1129 Students (7-12)
H 42 - 1183 Students (7-12)

Student enrolments added (source myschool.edu.au).

Anyone have a breakdown of the K-6 enrolment numbers at K, E, S, N, and A, and the 5-6 enrolment at I?

Edit: New figure adjusted based on feedback below.

rip

Allen Oxlade (6)
Student enrolments added (source myschool.edu.au).

Anyone have a breakdown of the K-6 enrolment numbers at K, E, S, N, and A, and the 5-6 enrolment at I?

Edit: New figure adjusted based on feedback below.

Joeys have enough boys in the senior years to field 15 teams however as the competition can only go down to the 12ths each of the teams from the 4th down carry 5 extra players

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Has newington got all their big guns on deck? If not it could be another cricket score .... Tipping a lot of one sided results , in the various 1sts fixtures this weekend, including joeys to be accounted for by a resurgent kings, in a wider margin than most expect.

Tipping that the closest game at scots main, will be joeys v scots 3rds fixture @ 12 noon ... Tipping a narrow scots win.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
After last week, Scots will beat all sides by at least 50. Yes even View.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Not sure about them beating View by 50, although I agree on current form Scots will win that one comfortably. Their only real weakness seems to be that there is a huge gulf between TSC 1sts and TSC 2nds, so a large number of injuries would be significant.

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
Not taking away from Scots performance, but I just thought Cranbrook were very weak....
A score like 52 - 6 shows total dominance or great weakness. Didn't see the game but games with those scores are a little embarrassing to watch generally and leave the crowd in no doubt of the superiority of the winning team.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Not sure about them beating View by 50, although I agree on current form Scots will win that one comfortably. Their only real weakness seems to be that there is a huge gulf between TSC 1sts and TSC 2nds, so a large number of injuries would be significant.
I have been told Scots have a full strength side. Styles is gone for the season with his shoulder injury, but Dan England has been performing well as his replacement. McCauley is playing in 2nds. If Fifita is out for New, it will be a big loss. I am off to the Joeys v Kings match this arvo. I have a feeling another upset is on the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.