• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Questioning the integrity of the Scots medical staff I think crosses the line a bit, unless of course you yourself are a Callum's physician and are well acquainted with his injuries.

Duty of care has nothing to do with integrity.
I wish you'd change your avatar, however apt it is.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Questioning the integrity of the Scots medical staff I think crosses the line a bit, unless of course you yourself are a Callum's physician and are well acquainted with his injuries.
Gregor #2216
Oranges #2218
The big marn #2219
Cyclopath #2221
Oranges (2) #2222
Oranges (3) #2224
Brian Westlake #2231

It looks all bar one of these people are more concerned about this young blokes long term welfare. The one that doesn't wishes to defend the damage to the boy.
I never questioned the surgeon, physio or physician. You inferred this. I am glad you have had nothing to do with my sons

T

The Big Marn

Gregor #2216
Oranges #2218
The big marn #2219
Cyclopath #2221
Oranges (2) #2222
Oranges (3) #2224
Brian Westlake #2231

It looks all bar one of these people are more concerned about this young blokes long term welfare. The one that doesn't wishes to defend the damage to the boy.
I never questioned the surgeon, physio or physician. You inferred this. I am glad you have had nothing to do with my sons

The medical staff obviously saw him fit to play, the boy wanted to play - this is an issue of consent. All parties consented to Callum playing, therefore I have no problem with the decision for him to play.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Its an issue of common sense.
I am gobsmacked that he wasn't replaced immediately after it popped in the game.
It wasn't a Test match or a World Cup final.It was a Schoolboy game, one which they were expected to win comfortably.
Sure the kid might wanted to play on,but the adults are supposed to act maturely.

When professional coaches take charge of schoolboy rugby, their focus is unstintingly rugby first. From a rugby-only viewpoint the decision to allow Callum to play probably made sense.
When teachers coach rugby teams, I believe they bring a broader perspective which includes non-rugby criteria and the all-round development of individuals.
There may be exceptions to this concept, but overall a teacher-coach probably brings more understanding about whole student welfare to decisions about player welfare. Callum may not have been allowed to play by another school.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
As we approach the final game of the first round of GPS competition, we also approach what I think will be one of those weekends that you want to be in three places at once.

Shore v Kings
Set to be an absolute ripper, and harder to pick than a broken nose. I have an inkling that the Kings boys will get up, but by the smallest of margins. A game that will be decided on the bounce of the ball, and who turns up.

Newington v Joey's
After their embarrassing result against Scots, its time for the New boys to aim up and try and scrape a win against a bit of an up and down Joeys side. I really thought it would be closer last weekend between the Hunters Hill boys and Kings, so I feel if the Joey's stars turn up, they'll be able to grab the win. I'm tipping them by around 10 points.

Scots v Riverview
Before last weekend, I was tipping this not only to be the match of the round but the match of the year. I fear that the preseason hype over the View boys has finally caught up to them, as I thought they really felt the pressure last week when they weren't dominating Shore. In saying that however, its not like the Scots boys have felt any pressure this year anyway. Riverview have some seriously good players in their side, who were a little off last week. If the likes of Hutch, Freeman and McGregor get going then there's definitely a least a chance of a win. In saying this, I can't see Scots losing, and I can't see them winning by anything less than 20 points.

In other news a MASSIVE top-of-the-table clash in the 2nd XV comp between Shore and Kings - notoriously big rivals in the 2nds. I'm tipping this to be the game of the round, winner takes all.

I tend to agree:

Shore by 5
Joeys by 15
Scots by 30 plus

3rds

Riverview to beat New
Kings to beat TAS
Grammar to beat Scots
Joeys to beat High

Stream Vista

Frank Row (1)
Hi All...I am new to this forum...I have been watching the debate for some time and have really enjoyed it...I love the passion and opinions...I will be at Bellevue Hill on Saturday to watch the big clash...Should be a cracker...I have seen most of the 'View games in 2014...Unfortunately they are regressing as the year progresses so based on what I read / hear about TSC I think it will be a 20+ win to the home side...but a round 10 match at Lane Cove might have some twists and turns in it so don't bank a TSC premiership just yet

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
As we approach the final game of the first round of GPS competition, we also approach what I think will be one of those weekends that you want to be in three places at once.

Shore v Kings
Set to be an absolute ripper, and harder to pick than a broken nose. I have an inkling that the Kings boys will get up, but by the smallest of margins. A game that will be decided on the bounce of the ball, and who turns up.

Newington v Joey's
After their embarrassing result against Scots, its time for the New boys to aim up and try and scrape a win against a bit of an up and down Joeys side. I really thought it would be closer last weekend between the Hunters Hill boys and Kings, so I feel if the Joey's stars turn up, they'll be able to grab the win. I'm tipping them by around 10 points.

Scots v Riverview
Before last weekend, I was tipping this not only to be the match of the round but the match of the year. I fear that the preseason hype over the View boys has finally caught up to them, as I thought they really felt the pressure last week when they weren't dominating Shore. In saying that however, its not like the Scots boys have felt any pressure this year anyway. Riverview have some seriously good players in their side, who were a little off last week. If the likes of Hutch, Freeman and McGregor get going then there's definitely a least a chance of a win. In saying this, I can't see Scots losing, and I can't see them winning by anything less than 20 points.

In other news a MASSIVE top-of-the-table clash in the 2nd XV comp between Shore and Kings - notoriously big rivals in the 2nds. I'm tipping this to be the game of the round, winner takes all.
Disagree with kings vs shore, shores performance on the weekend was terrific and this weekend with the momentum they have I see it hard for kings to stop them.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Having just visited the scholarship thread, I guess that I am happy this year that I only have to worry about the thirds and lower grades! TAS's only objective is to have a competition to stay in! :)

Turning to the Thirds. Grammar vs Scots is obviously the main game with both on 6 points. I have no idea, really, how it will go. Whoever wins, will go to clear leader on the table, the other on 6, assuming no draw.

There are two team on 4 points. TAS and View. TAS plays Kings. On the stats, TAS should win, but never say no when playing Kings at home. Just on the stats, TAS to win and move to 6 points equal with the looser of the Grammar/Scots game.

View is the other team on 4 points. They are playing Newington and should win on the stats to this point. So at this point, my forecast for the top group is Scots or Grammar on 8 points, the loser of those two on 6 along with TAS and View.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Hi All.I am new to this forum.I have been watching the debate for some time and have really enjoyed it.I love the passion and opinions.I will be at Bellevue Hill on Saturday to watch the big clash.Should be a cracker.I have seen most of the 'View games in 2014.Unfortunately they are regressing as the year progresses so based on what I read / hear about TSC I think it will be a 20+ win to the home side.but a round 10 match at Lane Cove might have some twists and turns in it so don't bank a TSC premiership just yet

SV good to read that you're enjoying the forum & look forward to your insights.

However, you might struggle with your match report from Bellevue Hill this week as you have the home/away rounds arse about as they say. :)

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
The medical staff obviously saw him fit to play, the boy wanted to play - this is an issue of consent. All parties consented to Callum playing, therefore I have no problem with the decision for him to play.
No, its not your problem. It is his, his mums and his dads. Thank you for showing how you really feel about schoolboy rugby. Again as I said before, I am so glad you have had nothing to do with my sons...

Bugger me

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
SV good to read that you're enjoying the forum & look forward to your insights.

However, you might struggle with your match report from Bellevue Hill this week as you have the home/away rounds arse about as they say. :)
Don't you worry about the game SV, Just bring a couple of bottles and we will get a chook, some salad and have a lovely picnic. Cheers!!!!

T

The Big Marn

No, its not your problem. It is his, his mums and his dads. Thank you for showing how you really feel about schoolboy rugby. Again as I said before, I am so glad you have had nothing to do with my sons.

Bugger me

As I said, if Callum, the medical staff, and presumably his parents consented to him playing, what objection is their to make?

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I am sorry, but I am so trying to comprehend this, but I may have lost something about " Ownership" ????? So The school "Owns" him??? Because every thing has been done presumably with parental consent?

I am done here.

P

Paul Randall Wight Jr.

No, its not your problem. It is his, his mums and his dads. Thank you for showing how you really feel about schoolboy rugby. Again as I said before, I am so glad you have had nothing to do with my sons.

Bugger me

mate, you have no insight into the nature of the injury. not saying i do, but if the coaches and medical staff agreed that he should play, duty of care has been served. presumably, the coaches didn't 'force' him to play and clearly thought he was fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.