• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The only way View could have avoided the slop was if they had a game plan that you could play on the back of a postage stamp because the pitch area was a bog from 22-22 and covered about 40% of the width of the field. Agree Woodhill played well but wasn't the reason they won. The 9 and 13 were both stand outs for Shore, with 9's distribution in those conditions quick and accurate. The pressure came mostly from being allowed to rush offside unpenalised. It will be interesting if Scots back row can pressure views inside backs, they didn't cause too much trouble in round 1. Anyway well done to Shore, they fought hard for their win and a nice way to finish their last game.

The square is 2 pitches wide - that aint 40% of the width of the field.
The square is 21 yds long - i.e. it stretches from 10 to 10m line.
They called a number of switches in the slop - which is not smart: you can actually use the slop of a cricket square to your advantage with a tiny bit of thought.
The shore 13 blew a certain try by succumbing to the number 1 failing in 13s - refusing to take a defender on on the outside and stepping back inside to confront 2 defenders. Emery @ 9 was very good.
The art of wet weather football has been lost by all these ground closures every time there's some drizzle.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The square is 2 pitches wide - that aint 40% of the width of the field.
The square is 21 yds long - i.e. it stretches from 10 to 10m line.
They called a number of switches in the slop - which is not smart: you can actually use the slop of a cricket square to your advantage with a tiny bit of thought.
The shore 13 blew a certain try by succumbing to the number 1 failing in 13s - refusing to take a defender on on the outside and stepping back inside to confront 2 defenders. Emery @ 9 was very good.
The art of wet weather football has been lost by all these ground closures every time there's some drizzle.

I saw similar dumb play where I was. Players trying to step in the cricket pitch mud, players running anything but dead straight in said mud, kicks going straight down the middle of the field with the wind etc.

BIg Jake

Frank Nicholson (4)
I noted the reference earlier to Shore 13As forfeiting.Is that what actually happened-did they forfeit meaning the points went to Views 13As.It seemed crazy that the 13as didn't play but the 13bs etc did?

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
Predictions:
Scots vs view- the two big guns having an extremely tough match with view trying to break scots undefeated streak but unfortunately failing with scots running away by 12 points.
Shore vs kings- the two bottom teams of the comp having a battle to both secure and prove that they aren't the lowest team of the comp, shore will get up with the captaincy of woodhill leading them to a victory by 15 points or more.
Joeys vs newington- joeys will have so much determination to beat new but I just don't see this happening with the power of newingtons big boppas and fast/ big backs being too strong for joeys to control, newington by 12.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Predictions:
Scots vs view- the two big guns having an extremely tough match with view trying to break scots undefeated streak but unfortunately failing with scots running away by 12 points.
Shore vs kings- the two bottom teams of the comp having a battle to both secure and prove that they aren't the lowest team of the comp, shore will get up with the captaincy of woodhill leading them to a victory by 15 points or more.
Joeys vs newington- joeys will have so much determination to beat new but I just don't see this happening with the power of newingtons big boppas and fast/ big backs being too strong for joeys to control, newington by 12.

I tend to agree.

Scots by 20 - more if it's dry
Shore by 10
New by 5

3rds
Joeys to beat New
Scots to beat View
Shore to beat Kings
Grammar to beat High

In a ray of sunshine for Kings the 2nds match Kings v Shore will decide whether Kings finish undefeated Chamions or joint premiers with Shore.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Predictions

Scots by 40 (they will be back to their best)
Shore by 10
Joeys by 10

In the 2's

I am hoping for the perfect result, to see Shore & Kings Share top spot.

Shore win
New Win

Scots will prob beat view (View 2's were along way off the pace last week)

3's

Joeys
Scots
Shore
Grammer

T

The Big Marn

Predictions:

Scots vs. View - The game that was largely looking to be a grand final before View's shock loss to Shore. Haven't Shore had a resurgence in them late in the season! I think so. I was really looking forward to this game before last weekend, now; it looks to be somewhat of an anti-climax. No matter. With the premiership wrapped up for the boys in gold, the allure of an undefeated season may be be prominent. However, I think they will likely not put the pedal to metal. There's not much for View to be playing for, apart from revenge after Scots' earlier round win against them.

Expect it to be an attritional affair, with perhaps a bit of fancy footwork from Scots as they play with no consequences. Scots by 12

Shore vs. Kings - Brave hearted captain Jummie Woodhill has really inspired the best from his men in late in the season. Captain of the year in my mind. I mean really, predicted to come last and beating View and almost Scots. I was a naysayer at one point in regards to Shore, but I hold full admiration for how they've played their footy this year. Well done. I expect them to display a clinical performance against Kings, and come home with the bacon.

Expect a dismantling from Shore. Shore by 20

Newington vs. Joesephs - Not much to say on this one. It could go either way really, so I suppose it's the game of the round. I'd like to thinks Joeys would get the win, but Newington looked alright against Scots last week. Joeys will finish the season strong, in regular Joeys fashion.

While I think it will be a close affair for most of the game, I expect Joeys to run away with it in the final 10-15 minutes. Joeys by 10

Please, please, can we have a week of dry/slop free rugby to finish what has been an interesting season.

Stay tuned for my end of season wrap up next week, as well as BOM report before Saturday.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Joeys finally starting to look like a rugby team ...much as I am a brother Boyd fan, rightly or wrongly the house view was he was overtraining them running them ragged, etc

The joeys team were getting smaller every year ... And matchs aren't won by teams that would collectively win a beep test

The joeys team, bit like waverley started with new coaches, and started with some horror results ... They were up in arms after the scots round 1 cricket score

Either way agree match of rounds will be at joeys and across several age groups

The view versus scots match has become the deadest of dead rubbers,particularly with no pritchard or bowditch ...With parking no longer at a premium ... I'd be taking my mr whippy van elsewhere

For any gps schools looking to airdrop ... Concord oval on Sunday for 14 and 15as grand finals is my tip

Other than that tipping joeys to show that they are again producing winning 1st xv teams , and have forward packs that have some grunt, to set a platform. Building well for 2015 (again like the double v)

T

The Big Marn

In the 3rd XV:

Joeys to beat New - Joeys have been good this season, don't see it won't continue this week. Credit to Joeys depth.

Scots to beat View - I've heard Scots are motivated to put as many points on opposition teams as possible. With the prospect of being joint premiers, I expect this highly motivated Scots outfit to put some points on Riverview. Scots by plenty.

Shore to beat Kings - Shore to win convincingly, not much to say.

Grammar to beat High - Two rival schools, it should be a good game. I expect Grammar to win convincingly in this game, though I think it will be closer than expected. Hight will be motivated to finish the season well.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Being a stats man, I'd be curious to know who are players in running for most tries for 2014 ...guess it would have to be a scots player ... And at a guess I reckon jake prindiville might pip Angus Crichton

Also curious to know if joeys are a chance to either win or joint win ... 13As, 14as, 15as and 16as ... Although if that was conceivable would think it contingent on all of those teams winning on Saturday , which is far from certain ...

Either way don't think anyone could deny joeys has had a stellar year outside of opens ... Probably bigger question in which school would come second in a cross age group analysis ...

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Does being new discount facts?

Speaking recently to people from norths his name is not confirmed or assumed. Where did that assumption stem from? This age, still like to play with their mates.
I have reason to believe no decisions have been made by these young men. And until these boys decide where they go, will not speculate or assume. Isnt there a pending HSC for these lads to be more preoccupied with?
And your answer is?

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Joeys 13AS were very very good when I saw them .Scots and View playing for 2nd this weekend which if the last game is anything to go by will be epic.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Being a stats man, I'd be curious to know who are players in running for most tries for 2014 .guess it would have to be a scots player . And at a guess I reckon jake prindiville might pip Angus Crichton

If you were a stats man, you could easily look up the AAGPS website. It diligently records who scores tries, conversions and penalties very week by round. So no more guessing, I want a detailed season analysis. Can you also ring around the coaches and ask to insert the forwards stats i.e. tackles made, bodies shunted and run metres.

Expecting big things on Monday from you SDW. My money would be on Prindiville and that Joeys will win in 2015.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just for you rugby mum

Mind you these aren't official audited numbers:

Prindiville 13
Crichton 11
O'shea 9
Strang 8
Quite a few on 7

Waiting on call backs on run metres

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Hugh jarse, all I can recall is that the dynamic
knox hooker - widders-lee apparently scored 17 , breaking a cas record

I thought he should have been picked in Aussie schoolboys, but no one seemed to agree with me, and now Pritchard is seemingly the last man standing, although all very quiet on the ankle ... Not that I would think Pritchard would be out of place in green and gold

Ben Dover

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hugh jarse, all I can recall is that the dynamic
knox hooker - widders-lee apparently scored 17 , breaking a cas record
I thought he should have been picked in Aussie schoolboys, but no one seemed to agree with me, and now Pritchard is seemingly the last man standing, although all very quiet on the ankle . Not that I would think Pritchard would be out of place in green and gold

Widders-lee has a good running game and can defend but doesn't hit many rucks and tends to play quite a loose game. No heat on the boy, just how he plays in my opinion and obviously the powers that be want a tight playing hooker.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Being a stats man, I'd be curious to know who are players in running for most tries for 2014 .guess it would have to be a scots player . And at a guess I reckon jake prindiville might pip Angus Crichton

Also curious to know if joeys are a chance to either win or joint win . 13As, 14as, 15as and 16as . Although if that was conceivable would think it contingent on all of those teams winning on Saturday , which is far from certain .

Either way don't think anyone could deny joeys has had a stellar year outside of opens . Probably bigger question in which school would come second in a cross age group analysis .

At the moment Joeys can win 2nds if they beat New and Shore beat Kings,

4ths, 5ths, 6ths all undefeated, Joeys 7ths and 8ths also in line for pennants

16As need a win against Newingnton to go joint with Kings

After drawing twice with View and drawing once with Kings a win this week will
give Brother Boyd's 15as a pennants (View lost to Shore who are very strong in 15s)

14As I think are running second behind Kings?

13As very very strong and undefeated I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.