• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Just for you rugby mum

Mind you these aren't official audited numbers:

Prindiville 13
Crichton 11
O'shea 9
Strang 8
Quite a few on 7

Waiting on call backs on run metres

Well done SDW, you haven't disappointed but still need to complete the picture with the forwards - I hope the coaches oblige. I reckon Crichton would score highly on those stats as well making him close to being player of the comp.

Monday please before we all move onto the GPS 2015 thread.

Good to see I was on the money with Prindiville, he's a very strong finisher on the wing.

Bear that beat Kobayashi

Bob McCowan (2)
Hey guys, BIG BEAR here. I was just wondering whether there was an MVP system in the GPS rugby competition? I feel that either Angus Crichton or Henry Hutchinson would take home the 'gong' or 'Dally M'. If there is an awards ceremony, can someone let me know? I'm happy to do a report for my MVP, as I see it. I have pretty good insight, and a lot of time on my hands.

T

The Big Marn

Hey Bear that beat Kobayashi, as far as I understand, there is no 'awards ceremony' as such. I think schools award their 'best and fairest' players internally. Welcome to GAGRF.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
See this previous exchange on this thread. vvvv
HJ, is there a player of the comp named ?
There is not an official one but there will be one named in the Green and Gold GPS Review which will come out a couple of days after the last game.

There will also be a a GPS team of the year and other stuff.
Perhaps you could send your contribution on MVP, Best on Field, Man of Match etc to @Lee Grant by "conversation" for inclusion in the GPS review he mentions.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No problems. Be aware that Uncle Lee has a fairly well tuned BS filter, so provided your comments are accurate and supported by facts, and they comply with G&GR rules and policies on Schoolboy Rugby, then there should not be any issue with them. If they are not, then it may not be in your interests to spend too much time on them, or even bother to send them to @Lee Grant, because they will not get to see the light of day.

Vintage Red

Herbert Moran (7)
At the moment Joeys can win 2nds if they beat New and Shore beat Kings,

4ths, 5ths, 6ths all undefeated, Joeys 7ths and 8ths also in line for pennants

16As need a win against Newingnton to go joint with Kings

After drawing twice with View and drawing once with Kings a win this week will
give Brother Boyd's 15as a pennants (View lost to Shore who are very strong in 15s)

14As I think are running second behind Kings?

13As very very strong and undefeated I believe

Yes - Joeys 13As are undefeated and the 14As are currently equal first with Kings (after losing to them 12-7 last week).

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes - Joeys 13As are undefeated and the 14As are currently equal first with Kings (after losing to them 12-7 last week).
Didn't joeys 14as draw with scots in round 1, so unless kings also had a draw, would have thought kings might be marginally in front with just the one loss

Either way curious to know if the 3 newington kids that were playing up into 15as have come back down as the newington 14as seemed to be back in form

Big marn.... Slop or not slop?

Vintage Red

Herbert Moran (7)
Didn't joeys 14as draw with scots in round 1, so unless kings also had a draw, would have thought kings might be marginally in front with just the one loss

Either way curious to know if the 3 newington kids that were playing up into 15as have come back down as the newington 14as seemed to be back in form

Big marn.. Slop or not slop?

Kings had a washout (no result) in their first round match against Scots ... which translates to sharing the points i.e. same result as a draw.

I understand the Newington lads are still playing in the 15As ... the 14As have finally managed to find their mojo!

T

The Big Marn

Big marn.. Slop or not slop?

The question on everyone's mind. You'd think Mother Nature would have seen enough. Yet here we are - rain where I am today. Predicted rain for tomorrow, and Saturday has a shower or two, so even if we don't get much rain Saturday, the residual slop from today and tomorrow should be enough to ensure a sloppy Saturday. More is the pity.

I'm calling slop - and a lot of it, from the last month. Oh well, it won't stop me from bringing Mrs. Marn and the little Marns to the game. Nothing can stop the Big Marn. Bring on the slop.

Bear that beat Kobayashi

Bob McCowan (2)
The question i believe all of us are wondering, is which teams will overcome the 'slop' in the 3rds come and bring home the W.K Spencer Shield.
Scots will most definitely be restricted with their tactic of funnelling the ball to the wings, Grammar is very aggressive in the forward pack and will most definitely get down and dirty and produce a satisfying win. How does riverview weigh up?

regards,
BIG Bear

T

The Big Marn

I think the W.K Spencer will be split three ways. Struggling to see the two results go any other way than Grammar and Scots wins. Of course margins and point difference might determine unofficial 'bragging rights'...

Status
Not open for further replies.