• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I thought the 1's coach was Brad Gill?
I agree that the results speak for themselves,but not in the way you meant.
Assembling a side so heavy with rock stars that a state rep cannot make the School side,and you can't win the comp outright?
Fail.
If you can't coach an elite player to pass both ways in four years of up to 9 or 10 sessions a week.How are you going to improve the skill set of weaker players in two sessions a week?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I agree that the results speak for themselves,but not in the way you meant.
Assembling a side so heavy with rock stars that a state rep cannot make the School side,and you can't win the comp outright?
Fail.
If you can't coach an elite player to pass both ways in four years of up to 9 or 10 sessions a week.How are you going to improve the skill set of weaker players in two sessions a week?
Make that 2 elite players

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He's coaching NSW U20s I'm pretty sure.

Didn't he have that role (or a similar role) before he went to Newington?
According to LinkedIn he was the Half back coach with the NGS and before and during some of that PDHPE teacher at Matravilke - just down the road from Randwick Boys High.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

He was and Tim Rapp was the overall Director of Rugby - which I would assume would include working with 1sts players, but also all the boys in the rugby programme. I certainly think that the position would involve setting up a coaching and development programme/structure for the whole school beyond 2013. The blueprint is already there - anyone who want to know how to do it only needs to drive to Hunters Hill.

I watched NC 2nds and 3rd play Shore and TAS and the last round of 2013 and I wouldn't say that skill development was their strong point.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
shore lost to barker at north sydney. Didnt get the full score but it was about 5 tries to two. Shore side basically there seconds side with 6 key players out due to sickness/cadets.
I'm not sure what either school would have gained from that game, other than possibly blooding some younger players to address depth. I hear that barker went uncontested scrums from word go? Shore seems to at least be trying to address their lack of preparation issues in 2013, but I'm not sure that any of the shore regulars would have seen it as a worthwhile stepping stone to preparing their 1st XV with boys from both sides away on camps, holidays or aths duties. I also hear a couple of serious injuries came out of it for shore as well. 1 fwd and 1 back.. Hope those boys recover well...

S

spirit of cupertino

So how will that effect the world domination of bellevue hill soc?
Will they get their minions to play?

The glory of sport comes down to the truism that you are only as good as your competitor. For far too long have a couple of sides dominated the GPS competition (Take a squiz at the silly Joey's v New programme from last year; see View slot half their players into AFL). It's right and proper for TSC to make as close a competition as possible. That way top sides too can improve their game, and can rise to the challenge. There wouldn't be a Thorpe without a Klim.

At the end of their career, all champions, like Caesar had following him into the streets of Rome, someone whispering into their ear: Remember - You are only human.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
The glory of sport comes down to the truism that you are only as good as your competitor. For far too long have a couple of sides dominated the GPS competition (Take a squiz at the silly Joey's v New programme from last year; see View slot half their players into AFL). It's right and proper for TSC to make as close a competition as possible. That way top sides too can improve their game, and can rise to the challenge. There wouldn't be a Thorpe without a Klim.

At the end of their career, all champions, like Caesar had following him into the streets of Rome, someone whispering into their ear: Remember - You are only human.
Are you in dire need of a colorectal surgeon soc?
Or have you tried parody????

I Know now!!!! You are really BOB CARR!!!!

S

spirit of cupertino

Are you in dire need of a colorectal surgeon soc?
Or have you tried parody????
I was up drinking late last night with a friend thinking of taking early retirement and a time share apartment on the gold coast. Those 10 years he spent boarding, he said, the best years of his life. He kept offering me his business card which I was stacking up in a kind of house of cards. Damn, he said – you never give me yours. I took my card out and slid it on over. He drank it in – cool quarter tone faux embossed cape barren dun in sans serif verdana font. It said it all and all it said was grand. He looked at me sadder than before, when the good red was finished and we had to start on the cheap stuff. Back then… he said then stopped. Back then his team had thrashed us by about 8 tries to 1. Yeah, back then. Whatever. Then he just gave my card back. Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.